Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 5

• 14-03-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just on Holidays here in spain ,
    can buy an Iphone 5 very cheap ,

would it be worth it , and when I get home to ireland would I have to get it unlocked ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Make sure it's a genuine iPhone and not a rip off. It's probably stolen if its so cheap and possibly not unlocked either. There is sites you can enter the imei or serial number and it will tell if its unlocked or locked. I paid around €2 a while ago to check a phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Guil

Can you remember the names of any such sites ?

i'll check paypal and let you know

the site was http://www.imei.info/ and it cost $2.99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

there's no such thing as a 'cheap' iphone 5 tbh.

dont know why anyone would pay face value for one anyway with the oodles of smart phones out this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

baddebt wrote: »
    Hi

would it be worth it , and when I get home to ireland would I have to get it unlocked ??
    Where a abouts in Spain? Please elaborate I go to Spain regularly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

baddebt wrote: »
    Hi

No you can't. If it is the real deal you will pay a fair price. If you go to the spanish equivalent of Donedeal / adverts, you will see all sorts of stuff for way below the price. These are almost certain to be stolen. Even if you did a deal and arranged to meet, do you feel confident that the person you just handed you money too will not just follow you, rob the phone back and keep your money.
    Please don't buy stuff off the street. Twice today, in a cafe I go to, the same group of gypsies came in running around looking to distract people and rob phones of customers tables. It happens. I don't want these people getting rewarded from robbing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

90% positive any 'cheap iphone or whatever you get abroad is either

a) stole
    b) sim locked or bricked
    d) fake

or

e) a mixture of the above

anyone who pays 200eu or so for these deserves to be done by.

iphone 5 is 600euro + either suck it up or get a cheaper one

Advertisement