Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs and Societies Awards 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 The_Protector

Cydoniac wrote: »
    What's your problem? They work well as a society and have a committed base.

I wanted to know what they did that made them a society.
    an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, or other purposes.

What are the criteria and parameters they share that links them together. Basically it seems to boil down to something to do with alternative popular culture
    Acting as a medium for discourse and appreciation for all things like:
    Science Fiction, Fantasy, Cult Classics, Fiction Novels,Graphic Novels, Memes
    and Comics

What events did you go to and what did they involve?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Troll Society
    United in Trolling Since September 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

so basically nerd soc

Wait, "nerd" is still insulting? Woah, I've got so much to suddenly feel insulted about for no reason! I'll be back later, I've got some grudges to go hold :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

The Protector makes me think of everyone's favourite society of last year, the Anti-Soc...

Forum Soc. has done a great job since it was founded! Well deserving of the Award! Same goes for Ultimate Frisbee.

Not surprised in the slightest about Conor Hurley for Best Club Individual, but to also get the Jason Hackett is a huge achievement.

Surprised Tighearnan didn't get Soc Individual, but Kennedy O'Brien seems to be well liked if last weeks Facebook campaign is to go by.

Shocked that International Soc. won best Soc again to be honest, they do great work but I expected it to be Out in UL's year or DebUL's.

My biggest surprise is that there was no Rag Soc involvement, and that Mock UL wasn't up for best soc event. I've heard great things about Mock UL, and Rag Soc had such promise.

Advertisement