Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Christian forum

Options
  • 14-03-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

I am very interested in American foreign policy even thou I am very critical of it.
    Similarly, I am very interested in Christianity even though I am also very critical of it.

I have been banned from the Christianity forum and would like another forum where you could discuss Christian issues but in a way where it is ok to be critical of Christianity just like it is ok to be critical of American foreign policy in say the politics forum.

For example, I was thinking today did the reformed Churches translated their NT parts of their Bibles from Latin or Ancient Greek. There was no copies of the Ancient Greek ones around (in full only scraps) so I guess it was Latin. Therefore, you could make an argument that the Latin Bibles read in the Latin language is the closest we have to the original texts.

I recently started a thread in the atheist forum and a few people were saying hey this should be in Xtrianity forum.

I also think this forum would help the Xtrian forum who have previously stated they are sick of what they as trolls. They could just send people to the post - Christian or the Christianity exposed forum.

IT would be up to Christian posters if they want to get involved in threads but they do so on the basis their will no kids gloves.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You know I was going give the standard knee-jerk reaction of its covered by the atheist forum already.

But I think I see where you're coming from there's no middle ground between both forums (christanity & athiest forums).

Perhaps a Theology(?) forum might be a good idea.

ps shouldn't this be here

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ps shouldn't this be here

That would be the best place for this thread.

Tim, why don't you put in a request and see if there are enough people interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

As an atheist I'd support this idea of a Theology forum where objective discussions of various religions could be discussed without fear of offending the practitioners - who would of course be more than welcome to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Orion wrote: »
    As an atheist I'd support this idea of a Theology forum where objective discussions of various religions could be discussed without fear of offending the practitioners - who would of course be more than welcome to contribute.

Mods you can remove this thread. I have created one here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement