Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broker Query

Options
  • 14-03-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been done already!

We are dealing with a broker who has gotten us an offer from one bank and awaiting reply from a few others. I'm just wondering does anyone know if there would be any problems if we decided to go directly to some banks that he is not using? ie EBS, PTSB etc (Other than wasting his time, which we are paying for)

Don't get me wrong our broker is great and very helpful but my OH is looking at going directly to other places and i'm not sure if it can be done.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Apologies if this has been done already!

We are dealing with a broker who has gotten us an offer from one bank and awaiting reply from a few others. I'm just wondering does anyone know if there would be any problems if we decided to go directly to some banks that he is not using? ie EBS, PTSB etc (Other than wasting his time, which we are paying for)

Don't get me wrong our broker is great and very helpful but my OH is looking at going directly to other places and i'm not sure if it can be done.

Thanks

There's nothing in the world stopping you approaching other lenders directly yourself. Although, if the Broker has obtained approval for you for the amount you need at the cheapest rate on the market I'd question to point of doing so? Do you mind me asking how much you are being charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Thanks Killers - We are being charged €250 but told this was a reduced rate. I dont think he is approaching the other banks thats why OH was thinking of going directly himself.

I think i'm more conscious of annoying the broker by going direct. Really nice guy too.

Thanks Killers - We are being charged €250 but told this was a reduced rate. I dont think he is approaching the other banks thats why OH was thinking of going directly himself.

I think i'm more conscious of annoying the broker by going direct. Really nice guy too.

I'd question the 'reduced rate'.. €0 fee is a reduced rate. If your broker has approval for the amount you need at the cheapest rate on the market why would you want to apply elsewhere just to get an approval in principle for the same amount at a more expensive rate that you're not going to avail of anyway?

Do brokers consider all banks when applying on behalf of their client?

Do brokers consider all banks when applying on behalf of their client?

They consider all banks they have agencies with. They assess the application and should know who's criteria it will meet. A brokers job is to get approval for amount required at the cheapest rate available. If the broker doesn't have an agency with the bank that has the cheapest rates then you need to apply to them directly. If the broker has assessed your application and feels it meets the criteria of the bank with the lowest rate they'll source approval from them for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks Killers.

I'll hold tight with him for the minute and see what comes back, still awaiting on AIB so fingers crossed. And then discuss stuff with him when it all comes back.

Appreciate your help, this mortgage stuff has me all worried about little things.

Thanks Killers.

I'll hold tight with him for the minute and see what comes back, still awaiting on AIB so fingers crossed. And then discuss stuff with him when it all comes back.

Appreciate your help, this mortgage stuff has me all worried about little things.

If your Aib approval comes through you won't really need to look elsewhere. Best of luck!

Advertisement