Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best blender for hummus???

Options
  • 14-03-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭

I currently use one of those hand held stick blenders to make my hummus. It's not bad but at the start the chickpeas clog up the blades and I have to keep stopping and starting again. In fact the whole process is stop - start. I was going to invest in a blender but a friend of mine just got a new one and when he makes hummus the same thing happens him. I'm just wondering if he would do better on a pulse setting.

Is this a general problem when making hummus or is there a fab blender out there that will do the job with less hassle?! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I have a processor and find it works well. A jug blender wouldn't be great for something like hummus. Even a mini chopper would be OK if you were making small amounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Food processor definitely superior for making Hummous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

I have a processor and find it works well.
    SBWife wrote: »
    Food processor definitely superior for making Hummous.

Ya know, my mother has been telling me for years, to invest in a food processor but I have always resisted. I might have to surrender and buy one! :o

Thanks for the advice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

You can get a little one pretty cheaply and if you're making small quantities of stuff it would probably be better than a big one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I make my hummous in the pestle & mortar. I don't like a very smooth/loose hummous and the P&M leaves it with a nice bit of texture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement