Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking money from my account with no notice!

Options
  • 14-03-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

As if the sneaky transaction fee charges lately wasn't bad enough, I checked my account just now and there was a €30 overdraft facility fee taken out yesterday. You can't just take money from peoples accounts with no notice! Im flippin raging here I micro manage my money and to have €30 missing is a big deal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi skintiam,

The overdraft charge was increased from €25 to €30 from the 18th of February 2013. All customers affected should have received a letter advising of the changes in December 2012.

Apologies that you were not aware of the charges; you can find a full list of our fees and charges here.

If you wish to cancel your overdraft facility, please send a written instruction to your branch directly.

Thank you
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Hi skintiam,

The overdraft charge was increased from €25 to €30 from the 18th of February 2013. All customers affected should have received a letter advising of the changes in December 2012.

Apologies that you were not aware of the charges; you can find a full list of our fees and charges here.

If you wish to cancel your overdraft facility, please send a written instruction to your branch directly.

Thank you
    Linda
    You're a great help altogether and totally missed my point which is it wouldn't kill the bank to give a week or two of notice before you take money out, I find the last line of your reply catty and unnecessary by the way.

Hi skintiam,

Apologies that my post read as catty, which was not my intention, we try to provide customers with all information that they may need. We do understand where you are coming from and all feedback received through boards is passed on to the relevant departments. Just to advise you the charge is applied on the anniversary of the overdraft being applied to your account which would have been advised when you originally applied for the overdraft facility.

Thank you very much.
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I have an overdraft, and didn't get any notice of when the fees were going to be taken out either.

Hi dobsdave,

If you are not sure when the overdraft facility was first applied on your account, you can check your statements to see the last charge you received which would be a good indicator. You can also call your branch directly, who can provide you with this information.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding the fact that no letter is sent before the charge is taken.

Thank you very much.
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Thanks, would it not be a good idea to put it on the estatements?

Hi dobsdave,

At the moment it would only show on your eStatement when it is charged but that is a good idea that customers could get notification of the charge on the statements. I will forward your suggestion to our Consumer Banking Team.

Thank you very much
    Linda

Advertisement