Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VR Angle to Tallaght Scan backlog

• 14-03-2013 11:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

t that?

Personally I think that the explanations provided are sensible and credible.

1 Tallaght was one of the first hospitals in the country to implement a dicom compatible PACS system (is that GE or Siemens BTW)

2 As a consequence they are at the back of the queue for the new McKesson system

3 They have prioritised some letters which means giving others a lower priority

4 They don't have the admin staff

5 They are bringing in an new system with voice recognition

Some questions do arise
    I thought they already used outsourcing extensively for typing
    Why don't they hire some admin staff

FAS in Ballymount teaches a medical secretary course and Tallaght could get a load of them in on Work Experience

Does voice recognition even work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My cats breath smells like cat food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is that hospital not bankrupt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

kidneyfan wrote: »

Not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

t that?

Personally I think that the explanations provided are sensible and credible.

1 Tallaght was one of the first hospitals in the country to implement a dicom compatible PACS system (is that GE or Siemens BTW)

2 As a consequence they are at the back of the queue for the new McKesson system

3 They have prioritised some letters which means giving others a lower priority

4 They don't have the admin staff

5 They are bringing in an new system with voice recognition

Some questions do arise
    I thought they already used outsourcing extensively for typing
    Why don't they hire some admin staff

FAS in Ballymount teaches a medical secretary course and Tallaght could get a load of them in on Work Experience

This would be an appropriate use of public money. Its a good suggestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Did anybody else look at the title and think WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

anncoates wrote: »
    Did anybody else look at the title and think WTF?
    That, and the opening sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Used in some other hospitals for years, easily 5 or more. No probs. Brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

Is that hospital not bankrupt?
    They have a funding gap alright. I don't know what bankrupt means in this context because they have never had enough money since they moved out to Tallaght.

Cool if voice recognition actually does work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

not meaning to drag the thread off topic, but if you need a scan and are caught in a queue which could mean you have to wait weeks, try Euromedics, you will have your scan in a couple of days for roughly the same price you would have to pay at a hospital if you were a private patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

not meaning to drag the thread off topic, but if you need a scan and are caught in a queue which could mean you have to wait weeks, try Euromedics, you will have your scan in a couple of days for roughly the same price you would have to pay at a hospital if you were a private patient.

This is why I pay for my VHI, on the whole the public system is reasonably good once you get in the door, but I'd rather not die waiting for a diagnostic scan to get me in that door in the first place. The lastthing you want to hear is 'that would have been operabale 6 months ago when you've been waiting a year for an MRI

• Advertisement

conorhal wrote: »
    This is why I pay for my VHI, on the whole the public system is reasonably good once you get in the door, but I'd rather not die waiting for a diagnostic scan to get me in that door in the first place......
    In my opinion (and I have private health insurance even though entitled to care in NI) if you start private you should have to stay private.

If I go to rooms and the consultant sees me twice then EVEN IF I AM DYING I should have to jump through all the same hoops once I run out of money for private care.

Allowing people to jump the queue is subsidising private health care and every life saved is a life taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

In my opinion (and I have private health insurance even though entitled to care in NI) if you start private you should have to stay private.

If I go to rooms and the consultant sees me twice then EVEN IF I AM DYING I should have to jump through all the same hoops once I run out of money for private care.

Allowing people to jump the queue is subsidising private health care and every life saved is a life taken.

Rubbish. If i'm not in the queue for a diagnostic test then I'm not blocking somebody else on the list waiting for one, I'm also saving the health service the costs of that diagnostic test and probably the cost of far more expensive treatment by catching something earlier rather then far more expensively later.
    It's not my fault the health service is disfunctional and I don't intend to die for it's disfunction. As a taxpayer I'm entitled to the treatment I've more then already paid for.
    Even if I didn't have health ensurance I'd probably stump up for the diagnostic tests anyway, what's a couple of hundred quid as compared to your health?

Everyone is entitled to look after their health as they see fit.
    Thanks to all for helpful info.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's hard to wreck a nice beach.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Imagine Stephen Hawkin ringing up the eircom system or another voice recognition system. It'd be gas!

It's hard to wreck a nice beach.
    Icy what human

Advertisement