Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 33 - teams with no matches/DGW's

• 14-03-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Seems to be a lot of discussion across multiple threads so probably easiest to have this in one place. The big players have failed to disappoint so far in DGW's so as usual this is a big chance to make up some ground or extend your lead. West Brom and Swansea now don't have a match in week 33 due to FA Cup semi finals on that weekend, so could be time to get rid of players like Davies, and even King Michu (Swansea have a DGW in 36 though so I'll probably hold on to him).

Double Game Week in 33

Currently the only teams guaranteed a DGW is 33 are Arsenal, West Ham and Everton.

Arsenal – playing Norwich (H) & Everton (H)
    Everton – playing QPR (H) & Arsenal (A)
    West Ham – playing Southampton (A) & Man United (H)

Players like Walcott, Baines and possibly Fellaini will be valuable these weeks, and likely captain choices. Giroud at £7.5 could be a good replacement for those with Sturridge. With two home games an Arsenal defender could be worth a punt, they have two clean sheets in their last 4 league games and beat Bayern 2-0 (away) last night.

United will have a DGW if they lose their FA Cup tie to Chelsea on April 1st, with the latter also eligible for a DGW if their Fulham game is rescheduled for GW33. This isn't listed on the FF site yet so I would assume they haven't rescheduled it yet as they are waiting to see if Chelsea win their Europa League tie tonight? If they qualify their fixture congestion will be a nightmare. Is there anything stopping the Chelsea/Fulham game being rescheduled to GW33? If not, then we could also see one of these two DGW's.

Man United – playing Stoke (A) & West Ham (A)
    Chelsea - playing Spurs (H) & Fulham (A)

I might not be 100% accurate on the above, if I've missed anything out or made a mistake please point it out. FFCheat have gone into more detail on this, see here. Personally I'm hoping United win their FA Cup tie so their DGW is delayed a bit longer, as I don't want to look at bringing in RVP/Rooney just yet. Would prefer to use the cash and have a punt on Baines for GW33.

One good point I also noticed from this article - "As a slight aside, it is also worth noting that Man United and Chelsea play their respective GW31 league games on Saturday 30th March, and then square up against one another in the FA Cup Quarter Final replay just 2 days later on Monday 1st April. This stinks of potential player rotation in GW31, at both Chelsea and Man United, so be careful!" With Lindegaard needing two more starts for a Premier League medal I think this could be an ideal game for Fergie to play him. Worrying for managers (like me) who are looking to bring De Gea in this week, especially with Federici currently injured. We should also see RVP dropped for GW31. Fergie will want to have his players in top form for both the FA Cup replay AND the GW32 game at home to City.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

roryc wrote: »
    With Lindegaard needing two more starts for a Premier League medal I think this could be an ideal game for Fergie to play him. Worrying for managers (like me) who are looking to bring De Gea in this week, especially with Federici currently injured.
    Seen you mention this a few times .
    In the past United have never played a keeper to ensure he gets the 10 games . Kuszczak only ever made 6, 9 & 5 appearances in seasons when United won the league , But he was given special dispensation by PL so he could get a medal .

Same will happen with AL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Jax Teller wrote: »
    In the past United have never played a keeper to ensure he gets the 10 games . Kuszczak only ever made 6, 9 & 5 appearances in seasons when United won the league , But he was given special dispensation by PL so he could get a medal .

Same will happen with AL

Yeah I mentioned it in another thread after someone said Fergie would look to do this with some players, but only Lindegaard seems close to 10 matches. How confident are you that the PL would give special dispensation? Has it been done before with any other teams, and is it usually reserved just for keepers?

If it's likely he will get a PL medal anyway this is great as it's something I'm factoring in to the De Gea transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

From what I can make out stoke will have no game in gw33 if utd win the fa cup replay and spurs will have no game if chelsea win the replay.

I can see 5 other times it's happened but only had a quick look .

Alex Manninger for Arsenal in 97/98 can't see how many games he played but it was less than 10 and he got a medal .

Dion Dublin for Man Utd in 92/93 played 5 times and was given a medal .

Henrik Larsson for Man Utd in 06/07 played 7 times and was given a medal.

Alan Smith for Man Utd in 07/08 played 9 times and was given a medal

Gerard Piqué for Man Utd in 07/08 played 9 times and was given a medal .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Same will happen with AL

Were the previous seasons as clear cut as this year though? United could have the league won with 2 or three games to spare.

In other recent years it has gone down to the wire so there wasn't an opportunity to chance playing a reserve 'keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can see 5 other times it's happened but only had a quick look .

Alex Manninger for Arsenal in 97/98 can't see how many games he played but it was less than 10 and he got a medal .

Dion Dublin for Man Utd in 92/93 played 5 times and was given a medal .

Henrik Larsson for Man Utd in 06/07 played 7 times and was given a medal.

Alan Smith for Man Utd in 07/08 played 9 times and was given a medal

Gerard Piqué for Man Utd in 07/08 played 9 times and was given a medal .
    I think if they have made appearances in other domestic competitions which brings you to 10 or more that you can successfully appeal and get a medal.

Chelsea's fixture congestion now means Mata is probably not a good call for the next few weeks - too much at risk of rotation. I'm looking at possibly bringing in Cazorla next week for Mata, and waiting until the following week to bring in Baines. My plan for tonight is still to get De Gea in for Begovic, despite Federici confirmed out this weekend. That would be my next three transfers planned, giving me this team for GW33.

28ktxi.png

Arsenal have a good run to finish out the league, and can't sit back as they can still catch Chelsea for 4th and have Liverpool and Everton chasing them. The only tough matches they have left are Everton (H) and United (H). I'll hold on to enough cash to transfer Cazorla back for Mata if/when Chelsea have their DGW(s).

Would still prefer United getting past Chelsea in the cup and not having a DGW in 33, as this may force me to change plans and get in Rooney or RVP.

Chelsea's fixture congestion now means Mata is probably not a good call for the next few weeks - too much at risk of rotation. I'm looking at possibly bringing in Cazorla next week for Mata, and waiting until the following week to bring in Baines. My plan for tonight is still to get De Gea in for Begovic, despite Federici confirmed out this weekend. That would be my next three transfers planned, giving me this team for GW33.

Arsenal have a good run to finish out the league, and can't sit back as they can still catch Chelsea for 4th and have Liverpool and Everton chasing them. The only tough matches they have left are Everton (H) and United (H). I'll hold on to enough cash to transfer Cazorla back for Mata if/when Chelsea have their DGW(s).

Would still prefer United getting past Chelsea in the cup and not having a DGW in 33, as this may force me to change plans and get in Rooney or RVP.
    If utd beat chelsea in the replay Chelsea could well have a dgw 33 aswell with chelsea fulham being refixed for the midweek. Giving chelsea a double of spurs and fulham.

If utd beat chelsea in the replay Chelsea could well have a dgw 33 aswell with chelsea fulham being refixed for the midweek. Giving chelsea a double of spurs and fulham.

So why hasn't it been refixed provisionally for GW33, like the United game? I figured it was due to the Europa League that they didn't want to reschedule it yet.

So why hasn't it been refixed provisionally for GW33, like the United game? I figured it was due to the Europa League that they didn't want to reschedule it yet.
    europa league is april 3 and april 10 so potentially they could play the fulham game on april16/17 midweek of gw 33. For this reason im going to hold off getting rid of mata until I know whats definetly happening in GW 33. The flip side is chelsea winning the fa cup replay and not having the fulham game refixed for the midweek giving them a blank in gw 33.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Rafa rotation and this fixture pile is a pain in the ass. At least it might help me shake off a few of the people who aren't keeping an eye on it all!

I'm glad I only have Mata !

fabianski 4.3 if he holds his place is great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

fabianski 4.3 if he holds his place is great value.

ha, i just posted that in the transfer thread for the next gameweek. and with reading at home for his next match could def be worth a shot.

chelsea fulham refixed for april 17 gw 33. Meaning fulham definetely have a double and chelsea will if they lose the fa cup replay.

This is a great little guide to all the games over the next few weeks .
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e7G1O4StXLZdHyntJyrwlGJimo2ywVtRgdAdMF87eCg/mobilebasic?pli=1

Don't think it's been updated with today's announcement yet but they'll update when they have the chance .

Chelsea game has been rescheduled (eventually) to GW33. I'm banking on United getting by them in the FA Cup though, giving Mata a DGW in 33. So this puts a stop to my Mata -> Cazorla transfer until after next weekends games.

I can't see any other Chelsea players worth having, although Ba has started Chelsea's last three games and could be worth a punt. Down from £8.9 to £7.8m recently and scored the game before last. I don't think Chelsea will keep a CS against Spurs, and Fulham proved last week they can still bang in goals so a Chelsea defender is not an option IMO.

Bear in mind this also will give Fulham a DGW so Berbatov suddenly becomes an option again. Three goals in his last three games and 8/9 BP's.

25rh7x2.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

I wonder if Berbs would be an option for 33 now..... Hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Berba is most definitely an option now.

Rory fulham have a dgw no matter what happens.

Oh yeah, it's the United/Stoke or Chelsea Spurs games that will be rescheduled isn't it?

Berba could be the transfer for this week then. Next game is QPR (H), then Newcastle (A), then DGW. The question is, do I get rid of Lambert or Benteke? Both have tough fixtures next week but I'm thinking Benteke has more to play for and is in better form. 8 goals + 1 assist in last 10 games compared to Lamberts 5 goals + 3 assists...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Oh yeah, it's the United/Stoke or Chelsea Spurs games that will be rescheduled isn't it?

Berba could be the transfer for this week then. Next game is QPR (H), then Newcastle (A), then DGW. The question is, do I get rid of Lambert or Benteke? Both have tough fixtures next week but I'm thinking Benteke has more to play for and is in better form. 8 goals + 1 assist in last 10 games compared to Lamberts 5 goals + 3 assists...

Benteke (for me) will be hard to shift for the rest of the season.
    So Lambert to Berbs is a good move.

Do I dare bring him back though? Last time I brought him in for GW12 it was perfect timing as it was just when he started his 7 game streak of 2 pointers...

Theres a fair bit of value for dgw players Ruiz 5.0 anichebe 4.3 giroud 7.5 fabianski 4.3 sagna4.7 if hes not fit jenkinson 4.0 .
    Im thinking of getting either ruiz or anichebe play whichever I pick for the double and then go 3 5 2 for the run in leaving them on the bench. Ruiz doesnt score much but is a regular, anichebe seems to be very injury prone but it looks like hes moyes no1 striker at the minute.

Right folks, am I right in thinking United, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham and Fulham all have doubles in GW33?

And Swansea have no game?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Right folks, am I right in thinking United, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham and Fulham all have doubles in GW33?

And Swansea have no game?

depends on utd chelsea replay if utd win utd dont have a double, chelsea will and stoke will have a blank. If chelsea win chelsea wont have a double, utd will and spurs will also have a blank. WBA also have a blank.

I'm assuming United will get past Chelsea, but the latter will be more than up for this game. The league is beginning to slip away from them and they may not even finish top 4 this season. If Chelsea win it can only be bad news for those of us without Rooney of RVP.

Double for United confirmed now . only 1 game for Chelsea against Fulham . No game for Spurs in GW33

not that its confirmed but id imagine because of european dates the next double will be gw 36.
    Chelsea - utd away spurs home
    spurs- southampton home chelsea away
    city- swansea away WBA home
    swansea- city home wigan away
    WBA -Wigan home city away
    Wigan-WBA away Swansea home

The fa cup final is gw 37 which either chelsea or city will be in so there could be a lot of players rested for the second game of the double as it will be 3/4 days before the final. With this in mind I think DGW 33 will be more important and I think Ill take mata out for gw 33 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

depends on utd chelsea replay if utd win utd dont have a double, chelsea will and stoke will have a blank. If chelsea win chelsea wont have a double, utd will and spurs will also have a blank. WBA also have a blank.

3005-jackie-chan-meme-why.jpg?w=300&h=200&crop=1

• Advertisement

This has thrown a spanner in the works, may need to get RVP back in now. Not sure it's worth it at the expense of Suarez, not like RVP is banging in the goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You'll find everything explained here (the DGWs and the missing GWs):
    => https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e7G1O4StXLZdHyntJyrwlGJimo2ywVtRgdAdMF87eCg/edit?pli=1

And food for thoughts there:
    => http://needhelpinfpl.blogspot.fr/2013/04/dgw-planning-1-april.html
    One thing I noted (I should have checked before even though in hindsight easy to say that transfering out Mata this GW was "the" best option for me) is that Chelsea will go to their home game vs Sunderland playing for their 4th game in 8 days !

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

correct me if i'm wrong.
    so now the fixture is already done, with chelsea winning the replay.
    that means -

arsenal - double (norwich home, everton home)
    everton - double (qpr home, arsenal away)
    man utd - double (stoke away, west ham away)
    west ham - double (southampton away, united home)
    fulham - double (aston villa away, chelsea home)

chelsea - one game (fulham away)

west brom - no gameweek
    spurs - no gameweek

right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

NN215 wrote: »
    correct me if i'm wrong.
    so now the fixture is already done, with chelsea winning the replay.
    that means -

arsenal - double (norwich home, everton home)
    everton - double (qpr home, arsenal away)
    man utd - double (stoke away, west ham away)
    west ham - double (southampton away, united home)
    fulham - double (aston villa away, chelsea home)

chelsea - one game (fulham away)

west brom - no gameweek
    spurs - no gameweek

right ?

Swansea, no game, I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

thinking of taking a 4 point hit over the this week and next to bring in sagna, de gea and fellaini for harte, begovic and sissoko

it'd leave me with 8 dgw players and 2 with no game (Bale, Michu)

team
    DDG

SAGNA EVRA Zabaleta Mariappa

FELLAINI WALCOTT CAZORLA

RVP ANICHEBE Suarez

Bunn and Turner would be my 2 subs

had considered Fabianski in for begovic either but i want 3 united players and unless i switch out suarez for rooney i don't really see any other united player that's more than 80% likely to play the 2 games. can't predict who the wingers will be and carrick doesn't score much in this game. So DDG was my route to 3 united players, it means i'm doubling up on their defence but we've tightened up lately. I know i'm a few weeks behind most on the bego to ddg switch but i thought i was ok with evra as united cover, didn't know he'd miss the last 2 league games.

• Advertisement

the plan at this point is Fellaini for Michu.

i might take a 4 point hit and get Walcott in for Sissoko too.

it could work out very nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

SlickRic wrote: »
    the plan at this point is Fellaini for Michu.

i might take a 4 point hit and get Walcott in for Sissoko too.

it could work out very nicely.

Will Walcott be back for the DGW?

Will Walcott be back for the DGW?

if not, Santi will come in instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

saving a transfer this week will most likely do Agger->Jenkinson to allow me to do Marveaux->Pienaar leaving me with a pretty healthy rvp, evans, de gea, pienaar, giroud, walcott & jenks for gw33

with a bit of luck jenks can get some gametime(Sagna's a liability, don't know what AW sees in him anyway) but alas need to downgrade Agger anyway to be able to get Pienaar so jenks seems a decent punt for 4.1

captain it's hard to look past rvp, though slight worry he may be rested for one of the games with the title all but wrapped up

anywho looking to gain a bit of ground back, slipped back into the 30k's in recent weeks, a good finish and rise a bit in my private leagues would be nice

manual_man wrote: »
    saving a transfer this week will most likely do Agger->Jenkinson to allow me to do Marveaux->Pienaar leaving me with a pretty healthy rvp, evans, de gea, pienaar, giroud, walcott & jenks for gw33

with a bit of luck jenks can get some gametime(Sagna's a liability, don't know what AW sees in him anyway) but alas need to downgrade Agger anyway to be able to get Pienaar so jenks seems a decent punt for 4.1

captain it's hard to look past rvp, though slight worry he may be rested for one of the games with the title all but wrapped up

anywho looking to gain a bit of ground back, slipped back into the 30k's in recent weeks, a good finish and rise a bit in my private leagues would be nice

I don't think he'll be rested until the title is wrapped up for definite. Plus he's chasing the golden boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think he'll be rested until the title is wrapped up for definite. Plus he's chasing the golden boot.

Interesting article here, suggests that RVP will be rested

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8615222/

Rooney's place is safe for the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I am so glad I have my wildcard left for GW33

I'm hoping Mata plays a full 90 tonight, would mean he's likely to be rested at the weekend. Bringing in Santi but not sure whether to do it at the expense of Walcott or Mata. If he starts against Sunderland he could run riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

So bench Bale for this GW. Need to ship Davies aswell.

Have Chelsea coverage, Arsenal too, need a United defender perhaps but can you guarantee they will play both. Rafael should but you never know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Oh, Chelsea dont have DGW. Might try and get Fellaini or Berba in perhaps.

I've already shipped Davies.

Bale, Michu and Harte will currently be on my bench for GW33, so I'll probably end up playing with the bare 11. I'm wary of dumping Michu as he has his DGW in 36 and once you've dropped him you lose £1m so it's not guaranteed you can get him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

I'm hoping Mata plays a full 90 tonight, would mean he's likely to be rested at the weekend. Bringing in Santi but not sure whether to do it at the expense of Walcott or Mata. If he starts against Sunderland he could run riot.

Tough choice, rotation+injuries this time of year is going to be problematic for everyone imo. You would be without Walcott then for GW33, your decision all depends on how bad his injury is, has Wenger said anything?

I took Walcott out before Arsenal blank, with a view to bringing him back in last week. His injury on international break forced me to bring in Santi instead (which worked out well:D) but I also want Walcott for GW33.

I will see if he plays this weekend. I have a concern though that Wenger may not play him both games (especially Norwich) in GW33? Walcott is notoriously injury prone and Wenger has a history of protecting him.

I don't have to make decision until next week, my plan B would be to transfer Felliani instead, who will be guaranteed 180 mins but could take up defensive position at the Emirates...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Well according to Steve Bould:

"on Wilshere and Walcott...
    We have good news with both of them. Jack and Theo are outside running, and have an outside chance of being involved against Norwich a week on Saturday."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-wilshere-walcott-and-monreal

So Walcott has outside chance of making Norwich and is def out this weekend?!:eek:

Well that's my decision made. Walcott out for Santi, the move I should have made last week.

I'm now hoping Mata does play against Sunderland, although I have Sissoko to play instead if he doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Already have Santi and Giroud and if Walcott isn't fully fit, will opt for an Arsenal defender instead. Anybody considering Kagawa? Would expect him to get a run of games now to get back to full fitness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement