Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OFFICE PRINTER

Options
  • 14-03-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please help, am looking to buy a printer for medium sized office. will be doing roughly 6,000 black and white prints per month, a bit of colour printing. Needs to be fast and reliable. To scan aswell etc. Can anyone recommend smething that's not too expensive to run incl. the toners but reliable? Need to order asap so any ideas greatful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pronter

Hi,

from what you described as in requirements your going to need an MFP (Multifunction Printer)

I work as a managed services engineer and have been working with these machines for good few years now. If cost is an issue then i would buy second hand. But you need to know if the MFP was PM'd regulary as this will keep general parts in order. Going forward when you have a MFP, they arent cheap to run or maintain, especially the colour MFPs.

The one that has given me the least hassle would be the "HP Colour Laserjet 4730 MFP"

Link : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=468688&prodTypeId=18972

Consumables are expensive no matter what laserjet printer you choose, toners, fusers, then parts which can go at times like DC Controller, Formatter, Jetdirect Card, If not maintained, dirty laser scanner, defective sensors, stiff flags.

Advertisement