Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One S replacement screen (online or Dublin)

Options
  • 14-03-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend an online source, or even a shop in the Dublin city area where I can either get the screen replaced on my HTC One S (cracked due to dropping), or purchase a replacement screen and tools for self replacement?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i had my one x screen done in the place opposite easons at the bottom of the escalator in the blanchardstown shopping centre, but it was very pricey (€200).

it turns out that even though the digitiser layer was the only bit that was cracked, it can't be cleanly separated from the LCD, so I had to get both and it pushed up the price.

it works more or less as well as the original, but when you compare it to the original screen side by side with someone who has one, you can see it's not as black as the original when it's off and is slightly (literally 1/2 mm) raised up and doesn't fit quite as well as the original as a result.

other than that it's been grand and has been working fine for months since the replacement was done.

i can only hope that the One S is cheaper and easier to do than the X. :)

also, you could give http://www.fonemenders.ie/ a call?

Advertisement