Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Well I have 2 favourites, that hooking and blocking passage of play that led to John Powers point, that was quite unbelievable and Eoin Larkins class point over his shoulder out near the line that hung for what seemed like forever in the air and dropped over the bar. I feel that particular score really lifted the crowd.

Larkin's first point where he throw a dummy right, and then stuck it over off his left from the sideline was like what he did in the drawn game except that time he dummied left and cut inside right and stuck it over off his right.

Good example to kids of the importance of having two sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

God this tread has descended into some farce after what can only be described as the greatest team ever to play the game , did what needed to be done in both games to come out the right side in the end.

To be able to produce 2 such different performances, only goes to show the completely different league the team, players and management are on and have been on for the last 15 years.

When Tipp produced the best display by a tipp team ever, we got the goals necessary to keep in it, by some unbelievable touches etc.

Then when the cat was out of the bag after the drawn match, they were wrapped up and out played and out thought for the replay.( In Fairness they did about as well as possible against that onslaught)

That combined all ireland negates the need for any coaching videos again as it contained everything required to win any match.

The finishing particularly by Richie Power and Sheamus Callinan were spectacularly good, and as good a lesson in the art as will ever happen in one match.

Fair play to the lads and it was without a doubt the sweetest one yet. I've a ten yo son who has been to maybe 9 or 10 All Ireland's, only loosing 1 :eek:. Hes going to think it'll go on forever like that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^
    Very nice post aidankkk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

TJ's goal shudda stood, he wasn't in the square before the ball at all.

Brilliant touch from him in fairness!

Hitchens wrote: »

I thought it was pretty clear that he was in the square before the sliotar?

I thought it was pretty clear that he was in the square before the sliotar?

Have another look at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Fwank wizzo

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

The referee's, manager's, linesmen and umpires performances have been discussed.

Is it possible, for the knowledgable Tipperary supporters on here, to give us their impression of how their team performed, both in the drawn match, which was possibly the greatest All-Ireland of all time, (also had the highest combined score for a final), and the re-play, which was more of a physical and tactical contest.

It could be argued, leaving aside any controversies, that Tipp left it behind them the first day, when the match was drawn. John O'Dwyer's free missed narrowly, and a huge sigh of relief could be heard around the ground from the Kilkenny supporters. The Tipp supporters felt that fate had once again conspired against them. On the balance of play, and their game plan working like a dream, a bit of indecision here and there had cost them the match.

Overall, Kilkenny, particularly in the forwards, had under performed and an improvement for the replay was more likely in their case. Kilkenny had previous experience over the past few years of opposing forwards trying to isolate particular Kilkenny backs by exposing a perceived loss of pace, but Kilkenny have always managed to counter this tactic in the following encounters.

This is how it panned out last Saturday, and the tables were turned on Tipp as Cody had his team play a completely different style of play. He juggled his team around a little by promoting three from the panel to bring an element of surprise to the replay, and it worked perfectly, with Joyce, who marshalled Bonner completely out of the game and thus prevented Tipp's go-to-man having any influence on the game, getting Man of the Match. This, and the dominance of the rest of the back line ensured a platform to launch well directed attacks on the Tipperary goal, and only astute fouling, good defending, blocks by the goalkeeper, and luck, foiled the Kilkenny forwards of running up a decent score, which their approach work deserved.

The win was achieved despite Richie Hogan ( who appeared to be still suffering the after-effects of his injury in the drawn match - if a calf muscle injury, 3 weeks was a bit tight for a full recovery), and TJ Reid quieter than usual, (the ball did not run to him enough), but the wing is more his position.

For Tipperary, Lar and Bonner were tied up by their markers, and the rest of the forwards were trying to play on scraps and bad deliveries of the ball. O'Dwyer, a lethal forward if given space, was marked tightly, and Callinan, apart from the one phase of slick interplay with Lar for the first goal, and getting his hurl on a deflection, was well marshalled by a hurling artist, with an armoury of flicks, the brilliant JJ.

The best moments for me, was when the two Tipperary players were driven back yards by legitimate strong shoulders by the Kilkenny backs in the second half, when Kilkenny were in the ascendency.

This was the sweetest win of all, and Tipp's day will come, but Brian and his troops will delay that day as long as they can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

I knew we had it won when one of the Kilkenny backs (I forget who) burst out with the ball, was tackled heavily but fairly a few times, before getting the ball safely away as he fell to the ground and more than a few of his colleagues went over to pat him on the back even before he got back up. That moment summed up the whole Kilkenny approach and was the high light of the game for me.

JJ Delaney's track back, Eoin Larkin point from near the side line and Ritchie Powers excellently executed goal. Corbett's pass to Callahan and Callahan's neat dispatch was also very stylish.

As some here have already said this Kilkenny team is a team in transition and that they beat this Tipp team in these circumstances speaks volumes for them and for Brian Cody. I have to say though that over the period of time he has been included in midfield Conor Fogarty has really impressed me. I had some doubts when he was first picked there but he has grown into the position with every match and now it is hard to see him not being there for years to come. His progression has been the single biggest plus for Kilkenny this year.

I have to question though the rave notices Darren Gleeson is getting. He panicked and picked the ball off the ground in the first match and very nearly let TJ rob the ball from him as he dropped it coming out again in the last game. He has had a few other jittery moments as well. Some of his saves were top class but he mixed the excellent with some very basic errors and I for one would not feel too confident if he was the goalie behind me.

Seamus Callahan really proved himself this year. Up to now he was some what of a show boater but no longer . He always had the talent. O' Shea obviously did for him what Brian Cody did for Eddie Brennan many years ago. Style and talent were never enough you had to go earn the ball. I would have no problem at all if he had been named player of the year.

To win as some one has already said without Tommy Walsh, Brian Hogan and to a lesser extent Henry, and with out calling in Taggy and still missing Michael Rice is an incredible achievement. Finally the graciousness of the Tipp manager immediately after the game was exemplary and fair dues to him.

• Advertisement

Have another look at it

This is a low quality screen-shot, but it shows TJ in the square before the sliotar. Or am I missing something? :confused:

TJ_zps5f268c85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

I knew we had it won when one of the Kilkenny backs (I forget who) burst out with the ball, was tackled heavily but fairly a few times, before getting the ball safely away as he fell to the ground and more than a few of his colleagues went over to pat him on the back even before he got back up. That moment summed up the whole Kilkenny approach and was the high light of the game for me.

JJ Delaney's track back, Eoin Larkin point from near the side line and Ritchie Powers excellently executed goal. Corbett's pass to Callahan and Callahan's neat dispatch was also very stylish.

As some here have already said this Kilkenny team is a team in transition and that they beat this Tipp team in these circumstances speaks volumes for them and for Brian Cody. I have to say though that over the period of time he has been included in midfield Conor Fogarty has really impressed me. I had some doubts when he was first picked there but he has grown into the position with every match and now it is hard to see him not being there for years to come. His progression has been the single biggest plus for Kilkenny this year.

I have to question though the rave notices Darren Gleeson is getting. He panicked and picked the ball off the ground in the first match and very nearly let TJ rob the ball from him as he dropped it coming out again in the last game. He has had a few other jittery moments as well. Some of his saves were top class but he mixed the excellent with some very basic errors and I for one would not feel too confident if he was the goalie behind me.

Seamus Callahan really proved himself this year. Up to now he was some what of a show boater but no longer . He always had the talent. O' Shea obviously did for him what Brian Cody did for Eddie Brennan many years ago. Style and talent were never enough you had to go earn the ball. I would have no problem at all if he had been named player of the year.

To win as some one has already said without Tommy Walsh, Brian Hogan and to a lesser extent Henry, and with out calling in Taggy and still missing Michael Rice is an incredible achievement. Finally the graciousness of the Tipp manager immediately after the game was exemplary and fair dues to him.

That was Joyce that burst out with the ball and was hit by a tackle to the head - he got a free for that.
    I would agree with you regarding your comments on Gleeson. I was right behind him and he looked awkward and appeared to carry a bit of weight, which made his reactions slow. His puck outs were not good either. Our own goalkeeper's, Murphy, at times were not hit with accuracy, and he should have hit a few more to Henry, who was in a good centre-forward position. The thing with Murphy is that he is dependable with the ball coming in, but Herity has the longer and more accurate puck-out. Herity played very well when he came in to replace the injured Murphy, and it must have been a toss-up for the goal-keeping spot.

This is a low quality screen-shot, but it shows TJ in the square before the sliotar. Or am I missing something? :confused:

TJ_zps5f268c85.jpg

Lad, all due respect............but that photo shows zilch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

All due respect, it shows tj in the square, and shows everyone looking at the same spot, a ball that hasn't arrived yet. I don't think I've heard anyone else claim it should have stood as a goal

In the first photo I posted it shows TJ et al. waiting in the square for the ball to arrive.
    In the photo below it shows TJ just after striking the sliotar when it is in the square.

Compare the two photos. Based on the trajectory of the ball that Eoin Murphy hit and the position of the players, it had to be a square ball.

918676.jpg

All due respect, it shows tj in the square, and shows everyone looking at the same spot, a ball that hasn't arrived yet. I don't think I've heard anyone else claim it should have stood as a goal

All due respect, where is the line shown in that pic?

• Advertisement

All due respect, where is the line shown in that pic?

If you superimpose straight lines (dashed orange lines in the photo below) over the parts of the actual line that you can actually see in the photo, then it is obvious that TJ is in the square.

TJ2_zps5b3a6d02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Paul Murphey made some block on the line from Callinan in the 2nd half. I think the ball hit him on the shoulder and went out for a 65 but he did extremely well to get across and put himself in the way. Callinan could have had 4 goals Saturday, On the time J.J. hooked him he should really have carried it a few more yards and shortened the hurley a lot more. His swing is still to wide and he gets hooked and blocked a lot. I don't think there is a better man to get into goal scoring positions than him playing at the moment and if he was a small bit tidier with his swing he could have bagged a few more this year. That missed chance was crucial for KK, it would really have put us on the front foot at the time.

The winning and losing of the match was no doubt the 10 minute spell after half time. We looked like we had led in our boots and Kilkenny were flying. Ye had a couple of goal chances and we were just holding on that stage. We had to chase the game and despite the 2nd goal it didn't ever look like happening.

Joyce was a worthy MOM, he hands down won his battle with Bonner which is no easy feat. Saying that I don't think Bonner was fully fit, he didn't look as sharp as the previous match's.

There is no way T.J. Reid wasn't in the square for that goal above also, take of the blinkers Hitchens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭clashoftheash

The amount if amnimosity surrounding Kks win is startling really. I am of course excusing those of you sporting enough to congratulate us.
    The real problem I have with this is that Cody, like every manager in the country, is being blasted for simply speaking his mind. Where were the axeholders when Davy fitz was at it last year? (im talking about the 'people aren't blind' comnent). Cody is damned if he does and damned fanned if he doesn't. He has a right to an opinion and shared it. He knew he would get stick for it but it seems people go over the top about shock horror manager speaking his mind. Perfectly justified in his actions regardless if it is right or wrong.
    Moving away from that, jj's hook was my favourite moment. A mark of the man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

The amount if amnimosity surrounding Kks win is startling really. I am of course excusing those of you sporting enough to congratulate us.
    The real problem I have with this is that Cody, like every manager in the country, is being blasted for simply speaking his mind. Where were the axeholders when Davy fitz was at it last year? (im talking about the 'people aren't blind' comnent). Cody is damned if he does and damned fanned if he doesn't. He has a right to an opinion and shared it. He knew he would get stick for it but it seems people go over the top about shock horror manager speaking his mind. Perfectly justified in his actions regardless if it is right or wrong.
    Moving away from that, jj's hook was my favourite moment. A mark of the man.

you are joking arent you? Davy Fitz was loudly condemned all over the place for his behaviour for a long time, and all last year too. He was rightly congratulated for winning the AI with a class Clare team, but the manner in how he treated players, officials, opposition etc was spoken about all year long. I know Kilkenny didnt have a great year last year, but were you under a rock or something? Even Clare supporters were lambasting him, and this year even more so with a load of people calling for him to resign.

You probably could not have picked a worse example if you tried, and I wouldnt even dare compare Davy Fitz's deplorable antics to what was realistically a minor, if utterly poor form, act from Cody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Kilkennyfella

Back to the bread and butter next weekend lads. Who do we fancy for the County Championship?

I think Clara have a great chance again, along with Ballyhale who are hot favourites. Don;t write off Dicksboro either. If they can keep everyone fit they could be in the mix.

Some great matches ahead, looking forward to the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭clashoftheash

bruschi wrote: »
    you are joking arent you? Davy Fitz was loudly condemned all over the place for his behaviour for a long time, and all last year too. He was rightly congratulated for winning the AI with a class Clare team, but the manner in how he treated players, officials, opposition etc was spoken iabout all year long. I know Kilkenny didnt have a great year last year, but were you under a rock or something? Even Clare supporters were lambasting him, and this year even more so with a load of people calling for him to resign.

You probably could not have picked a worse example if you tried, and I wouldnt even dare compare Davy Fitz's deplorable antics to what was realistically a minor, if utterly poor form, act from Cody.[/quot
    Ok, maybe that was the wrong example to use. But my point is that
    cody doesn't always speaks his mind during press briefings, but when he does, he is lambasted, all I'm saying is that he has much right to speak his mind asany other manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

TJ was definitely in the square but should not have been and might still have goaled had he got his timing right.

However I note that a Tipp 'free' hand was fouling him earlier in the move but I believe that the picture has to be wrong as no Tipp player has ever fouled with the 'free' hand and that's a doubted fact.

referee Barry Kelly will “definitely” be available for duty for the 2015 inter-county season, despite being heavily criticised by Kilkenny manager Brian Cody after last weekend’s All-Ireland senior hurling final replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Its a shame both this thread and the match thread have both been ruined by bickering over this free and that free...
    Two super games and instead posters are giving out about hands on shoulders etc etc.
    Time to grow up a little i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Its a shame both this thread and the match thread have both been ruined by bickering over this free and that free...
    Two super games and instead posters are giving out about hands on shoulders etc etc.
    Time to grow up a little i think.

I agree, not only is it immature but it gives the impression of jealousy and bad losers. Theres no use banging on about what might have been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I agree, not only is it immature but it gives the impression of jealousy and bad losers. Theres no use banging on about what might have been

Not sure about the bad losers. The vast majority of Tipp fans like myself are very much accepting of the fact that we were second best last Saturday and possibly flattered to be as close as we were, its hard to believe, but if Jason Forde had got a point that time near the end, we could well have had an undeserved draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Well what can I say we are All Ireland champions again and Cody and Shefflin have done the decimal. Given the annual discussions about all star teams, and to get away from talk on referees, what would be your best amalgamated team under Cody. And also interesting to see the progression of the starting team.

The 2000 team was as follows:
    1 J. McGarry
    2 M. Kavanagh 3 N. Hickey 4 W. O'Connor (c)
    5 P. Larkin 6 E. Kennedy 7 P. Barry
    8 A. Comerford 9 B. McEvoy
    10 D. Byrne 11 J. Power 12 J. Hoyne
    13 C. Carter 14 H. Shefflin 15 D.J. Carey

You'd immediately think that 1,2,3,11,13,14 and 15 would be in with a shout for the best team

1 J. McGarry
    2 M. Kavanagh · 3 N. Hickey · 4 P. Larkin ·
    5 R. Mullally ·6 P. Barry · 7 J. J. Delaney ·
    8 D. Lyng · 9 A. Comerford (c) ·
    10 J. Hoyne · 11 H. Shefflin · 12 J. Coogan ·
    13 E. Brennan · 14 M. Comerford · 15 D.J. Carey

7 and 13 of the new lads with 6 in his best position in my view. The full forward line is getting difficult already. And Henry now in his best position? And do you keep JJ on the half back line or replace Noel in full back?

1 J. McGarry ·
    2 M. Kavanagh · 3 N. Hickey · 4 J. Ryall ·
    5 S. Dowling · 6 P. Barry · 7 J. J. Delaney ·
    8 P. Mullally · 9 D. Lyng ·
    10 J. Hoyne · 11 H. Shefflin · 12 T. Walsh ·
    13 D. J. Carey (c) · 14 M. Comerford · 15 E. Brennan

Tommy starting his first but not his best position. DJ's last.

1 J. McGarry ·
    2 M. Kavanagh · 3 N. Hickey · 4 J. Tyrrell (c) ·
    5 James Ryall · 6 J. Tennyson · 7 T. Walsh ·
    8 J. Fitzpatrick · 9 D. Lyng ·
    10 R. Power · 11 H. Shefflin · 12 E. Larkin ·
    13 E. Brennan · 14 M. Comerford · 15 A. Fogarty

Tommy in the half backs, Jackie's first, Cha in midfield, Richie,Eoin and Taggy up front. 4,7,8,10, 12 and 15 additions to the best team.

1 P. J. Ryan ·
    2 M. Kavanagh · 3 N. Hickey · 4 J. Tyrrell ·
    5 T. Walsh · 6 B. Hogan · 7 J. J. Delaney ·
    8 D. Lyng · 9 J. Fitzpatrick ·
    10 E. Brennan · 11 H. Shefflin (c) · 12 E. Larkin ·
    13 W. O'Dwyer · 14 M. Comerford · 15 A. Fogarty

PJ starts but I'd have McGarry ahead of him. Brian Hogan must be in for a shout at 6?

1 P. J. Ryan
    2 Michael Kavanagh 3 Noel Hickey 4 Jackie Tyrell
    5 Tommy Walsh 6 Brian Hogan 7 J. J. Delaney
    8 Cha Fitzpatrick (c) 9 Derek Lyng
    10 Martin Comerford 11 Richie Power 12 Eoin Larkin
    13 Eddie Brennan 14 Henry Shefflin 15 Aidan Fogarty

A settled team and some performance

1 P. J. Ryan
    2 Michael Kavanagh 3 J. J. Delaney 4 Jackie Tyrrell
    5 Tommy Walsh 6 Brian Hogan 7 John Tennyson
    8 Derek Lyng 9 Michael Rice
    10 Richie Hogan 11 Henry Shefflin 12 Eoin Larkin
    13 Eddie Brennan 14 Richie Power 15 Aidan Fogarty

Richie and Michael Rice in with a shout in their first.

1 David Herity
    2 Jackie Tyrrell 3 Noel Hickey 4 Paul Murphy
    5 Tommy Walsh 6 Brian Hogan (captain) 7 J. J. Delaney
    8 Michael Fennelly 9 Michael Rice
    10 Eddie Brennan 11 Richie Power 12 Henry Shefflin
    13 Colin Fennelly 14 Eoin Larkin 15 Richie Hogan

Paul Murphy and the Fennellys in with a shout for the best Cody team.

D Herity;
    P Murphy, JJ Delaney, J Tyrrell;
    T Walsh, B Hogan, K Joyce;
    M Fennelly, R Hogan;
    H Shefflin, TJ Reid, E Larkin;
    C Fennelly, R Power, A Fogarty.

With Walter and Cillian drafted in.

1 Eoin Murphy
    2 Paul Murphy 3 J. J. Delaney 4 Jackie Tyrrell
    5 Joey Holden 6 Brian Hogan 7 Cillian Buckley
    8 Richie Hogan 9 Conor Fogarty
    10 Michael Fennelly 11 Colin Fennelly 12 T. J. Reid
    13 Walter Walsh 14 Richie Power 15 Eoin Larkin

With Padraig Walsh, Joyce and John Power in. Probably the biggest change in team since the last win and a few here such as Padraig Walsh who in the future that could challenge.

So for me the best team under Cody
    1 McGarry - how he never got an all star I'll never know. I think Eoin Murphy could push him in time to come.

2 Kavanagh 3 Hickey 4 Murphy
    5 Tommy 6 Hogan 7 JJ -
    8 Fennelly 9 Cha
    10 Richie Hogan 11 Henry 12 Richie Power
    13 Fast Eddie 14 DJ 15 Charlie Carter

It pains me as a Village man to leave Jackie out and it was a toss up between the 2 corner backs and him. In an hour I might change my mind.
    The half back line picks itself - thought of Peter Barry in the centre but you couldn't fault Hogan. And whilst JJ is awesome in full back I couldn't have him over Noel so he walks into his old position.

Midfield you have a myriad of choices - Mick Rice, Derek Lyng, Richie Hogan. Mick Fennelly reminds me of Frank Cummins. Just unbelievable power. And Cha was a thing of beauty.

The forwards - Henry, DJ and Eddie were automatic picks in my view. The others you could pick any 3 including Larks, Colin, Gorta, John Power, and TJ.

It is ridiculous looking at those teams on paper. Having gone to every all Ireland Kilkenny has been in since 75 the golden era under Cody is unreal. We are blessed in these times.

Pudders is online now Report Post

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Ah ya most of the Tipp fans have been gracious in defeat. Just the constant disection of every free/possible free is ruining the threads.
    By the way id love to see the sides meet again in the final next year, the skill in the first game and tenacity of the second were unreal this year.

Anyway back to club this weekend. Piltown and Bbridge in junior should be decent match. Piltown have never quiet clicked over the last few years. Bridge have a very good young team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Fwank wizzo

Great post pudders

Pudders wrote: »
    It pains me as a Village man to leave Jackie out and it was a toss up between the 2 corner backs and him. In an hour I might change my mind.

Have you changed your mind yet Pudders? :D :pac:

No Village men at all in the team! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Nice team Pudders. Would put Larkin for Charlie Carter myself and Lyng for Cha.
    Purely because both of those would have made any one of the Kilkenny teams in Cody's 15 years as manager.
    I don't believe that to be the case for Cha or Charlie.

Very first Full forward line, of Carter, Shefflin and Carey:eek::eek::eek:.. Never been a better full forward line on any team i'd suggest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

So for me the best team under Cody
    1 McGarry
    2 Kavanagh 3 Hickey 4 Murphy
    5 Tommy 6 Hogan 7 JJ -
    8 Fennelly 9 Cha
    10 Richie Hogan 11 Henry 12 Richie Power
    13 Fast Eddie 14 DJ 15 Charlie Carter

A team from the rest of the players not picked by you.

E Murphy
    J Tyrell P Larkin W O'Connor
    J Dalton J Tennyson P Barry
    D Lyng M Rice
    M Comerford J Power E Larkin
    C Fennelly TJ Reid A Fogarty

It really shows the talent we have been lucky to witness in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Have you changed your mind yet Pudders? :D :pac:

No Village men at all in the team! :eek:

Oh fer feck sake. I didn't even cop that!

I'll never be welcomed back in Delaneys, the Village Inn or the Blue Bar.

I guess given Brian is a Village man, we've got the main man so can't be greedy.

While I'm at it a North v South

North

PJ Ryan
    M Kavanagh P Larkin P Murphy/J Tyrell
    T Walsh B Hogan JJ Delaney
    D Lyng A Comerford
    R Hogan M Comerford E Larkin
    E Brennan DJ Carey C Carter

South

J McGarry
    J Dalton N Hickey W O'Connor
    J Tennyson E Kennedy K Joyce
    M Fennelly Cha
    M Rice J Power H Shefflin
    C Fennelly TJ Reid R Power

It would be a close match I reckon, but the north barely shade it for me

Local_Chap wrote: »
    A team from the rest of the players not picked by you.

E Murphy
    J Tyrell P Larkin W O'Connor
    J Dalton J Tennyson P Barry
    D Lyng M Rice
    M Comerford J Power E Larkin
    C Fennelly TJ Reid A Fogarty

It really shows the talent we have been lucky to witness in the last few years.

Lyng would be in my team overall. He just got better and better..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Ah ya most of the Tipp fans have been gracious in defeat. Just the constant disection of every free/possible free is ruining the threads.
    By the way id love to see the sides meet again in the final next year, the skill in the first game and tenacity of the second were unreal this year.

Anyway back to club this weekend. Piltown and Bbridge in junior should be decent match. Piltown have never quiet clicked over the last few years. Bridge have a very good young team

Who'd be favorite for the Junior this year?

deadybai wrote: »

Bennettsbridge overwhelming favourites for Junior I would say. Dont see anyone of note whos good enough to beat them

deadybai wrote: »

Bennetsbridge would be favourites having been in the last two County Finals and winning the league final against Piltown 2 or 3 weeks ago. Piltown were probably the better side that day but Bennetsbridge got the goals at the right time to keep themselves in the game and then to keep Piltown at arms lentgh for the rest of the match. I reckon whoever wins between Piltown and Bennetsbridge will win it out.
    I fancy Mooncoin to beat Kilamcow with the injury concerns Kilmacow have.
    In the other Quarter Final, Blacks & Whites were impressive the last day out and should have too much for Galmoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I'll never be welcomed back in Delaneys, the Village Inn or the Blue Bar.

Don't forget the Village club...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

I think the notion that Tipp will double up on Henry is laughable, Cathal Barrett hurled the ears off him in the league final. Why would they need to make special arrangements for him.
    I don't think anyone doubts his physical condition, i think the issue is his loss of pace and mobility. He clearly struggled to get to the pitch of the game when he came on against Limerick.

You mean Cathal Barrett fouled the ears of Shefflin in that Legue Final!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

TJ_zps5f268c85.jpg

The goal should have stood!

If that goal was disallowed so should have Tipperary's in the League Final!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭dirtyden

And what did the unprecedented questioning of B Kelly's integrity give the impression of? There is such a thing as bad winners too.

dirtyden wrote: »
    And what did the unprecedented questioning of B Kelly's integrity give the impression of?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2010/1222/ireland/tipp-chairmanaposs-video-technology-appeal-140106.html

short memory ;)

dirtyden wrote: »
    And what did the unprecedented questioning of B Kelly's integrity give the impression of? There is such a thing as bad winners too.

Were not bad winners. Ive never been one to bash referees as they do make mistakes but I have seen over a long period of time not just when KK are involved that he is a very poor referee. I do think he tries to be more important than the players and is way too strict than he should be. I dont think he appreciates the concept that hurling is a mans game. It doesnt mean were bad winners when we question a referee that has a track record of mindboggling brainfarts and continues to do so. It just so happens a lot of the time it involves Kilkenny but he has made some horrendous mistakes in other games too such as sending off Pat Horgan last year, and I remember when he reffed Tipp V Limerick earlier this year he made an awful decision during the match, cant remember exactly what it was but I think he overruled the umpires and disallowed a goal to one of the teams

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Were not bad winners. Ive never been one to bash referees as they do make mistakes but I have seen over a long period of time not just when KK are involved that he is a very poor referee. I do think he tries to be more important than the players and is way too strict than he should be. I dont think he appreciates the concept that hurling is a mans game. It doesnt mean were bad winners when we question a referee that has a track record of mindboggling brainfarts and continues to do so. It just so happens a lot of the time it involves Kilkenny but he has made some horrendous mistakes in other games too such as sending off Pat Horgan last year, and I remember when he reffed Tipp V Limerick earlier this year he made an awful decision during the match, cant remember exactly what it was but I think he overruled the umpires and disallowed a goal to one of the teams

Barry Kelly didn't send off horgan. Seems Kelly can't do much right here at all, even being blamed for games he didn't ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

MOD - OK that's enough, the thread has derailed and is going around in circles with regards the referee in the drawn game. Why the subject of the referee is being brought up in the KK County thread rather than the match thread is beyond me - for other than the fact of getting the greatest reaction here. Discussing the performance of the ref in the county thread is now an instant ban. There's been enough warnings.

DoctaDee wrote: »
    MOD - OK that's enough, the thread has derailed and is going around in circles with regards the referee in the drawn game. Why the subject of the referee is being brought up in the KK County thread rather than the match thread is beyond me - for other than the fact of getting the greatest reaction here. Discussing the performance of the ref in the county thread is now an instant ban. There's been enough warnings.

Here Here. Im certainly fed up of it by now. Id rather we all get back to discussing the upcoming club scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Good man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Am I right that there's no senior fixtures this weekend? It's the Boro's year lads, I'm telling ye!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement