Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Please, after all the referee nonsense, let's not do the football debate again.

I'm confident about tomorrow. Three points win, and a bad tempered game. Fascinated how our full backs will get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

bruschi wrote: »
    A few kilkenny players won leinster football medals today. Jason Shiely, Darragh and Thomas o Connor from Tullogher, and Darragh Joyce from the Rower. Some others on the bench. Joyce is a superb athlete and a great footballer. And unfortunately from a kk point of view, an absolute stand out candidate for Aussie rules

Plus one of the O'Connors from Tullogher-Rosbercon is heading to Southampton FC for a trial ( think its Cian )

Uh, am I right in saying the match won't be televised, live or deferred tomorrow?

But of a balls if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Plus one of the O'Connors from Tullogher-Rosbercon is heading to Southampton FC for a testimonial ( think its Cian )

Is that the chap from the under 15 south squad? One of the squad mentors told me about a player from Tullogher who apparently was a talented soccer player. He unfortunately was also the stand out player on the squad team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Is there commentary of the match tomorrow on kclr?

deadybai wrote: »
    Is there commentary of the match tomorrow on kclr?

Ah presumably yeah, bit of a last resort though, but reliably biased so always nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Ah presumably yeah, bit of a last resort though, but reliably biased so always nice.

good commentator though dosent one of them on kclr (the laois fella ) do rugby commentary on setanta , i know galway have in the past been a bogey but i would expect ye to backlash in a big way tomorrow i woulld imagine the experiment stuff is coming to an end

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

citykat wrote: »
    Is that the chap from the under 15 south squad? One of the squad mentors told me about a player from Tullogher who apparently was a talented soccer player. He unfortunately was also the stand out player on the squad team.

Thomas O Connor definitely has had trials in England and is on the Irish squad. Not sure if that is who allthedoyles is talking about. But he is an excellent sportsman, equally adept at hurling football and soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The problem on KCLR Isn't the commentary, its the co-commentary :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

The problem on KCLR Isn't the commentary, its the co-commentary :(

What's wrong with Michael Walsh, a great GAA man involved at all levels of playing and coaching and of course has a few AI in his back pocket more than many posting on here I'd reckon. Mickey I find to be very knowledgeable knows the players at all levels and has coached many of them on different teams and squads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Oops. Thought D Brennan was Derrick from the Village.

No that is Darren from Freshford, minor goalie from last year.. a serious prospect!

What's wrong with Michael Walsh, a great GAA man involved at all levels of playing and coaching and of course has a few AI in his back pocket more than many posting on here I'd reckon. Mickey I find to be very knowledgeable knows the players at all levels and has coached many of them on different teams and squads.

So says the 'boro man!:D

Uh, am I right in saying the match won't be televised, live or deferred tomorrow?

But of a balls if so.

Spot on Clare-Tipp live and Cork-Kerry football deferred.

No that is Darren from Freshford, minor goalie from last year.. a serious prospect!

Was thinking it would be very late in the day to be bringing in derrick, he's about 33 at this stage! Still, made one of the greatest saves I've ever seen a few years back, was it in the Leinster or all Ireland club championships?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Taken from the Examiner great to see Alan Murphy doin so well.
    Alan Murphy stars as UL claim Freshers title with defeat of UCC
    Friday, March 06, 2015
    By Diarmuid Sheehan
    UL 1-24 UCC 1-18 (after extra-time)
    University of Limerick were crowned Freshers Hurling Division 1 champions last night after defeating University College Cork at Mallow’s GAA Complex.

The student’s from the banks of the Shannon had to show all their grit, determination and skill to take the spoils after UCC fought back from nine points down to level the tie at the end of normal time.

UL dominated the opening 30 minutes with their talisman Alan Murphy showing unerring accuracy from placed balls and open play. The Kilkenny student punished the Rebel side over and over again with points from either wing as well as a brace from the 65m line. Murphy also bagged his side’s only goal after being put through by Clare’s Ian Galvin on 17 minutes.

Galvin chipped in with three magnificent first-half points to add to the Cork side’s early pain as UL headed for the tunnel leading 1-9 to 0-5.

UL opened the second half in the same style as they completed the first — with two quick points from Galvin and Cian Moloney. Just as UCC looked to be beaten, they rattled off 1-6 without reply to level the tie on the three-quarter mark.

Patrick Curran was the main threat for UCC, scoring 1-3 of the comeback tally and 1-7 overall. Curran’s goal on 45 minutes had a large slice of luck attached after a free he struck looked to be dropping well short, only for the ball to bounce off a UL defender and nestle in the bottom corner of the net.

UL responded with three points only for UCC to hit back once more with three points of their own (two superb scores from Dara Walsh) to level the game for only the third time. 1-15 to 1-15 (60 minutes).

Despite UCC’s impressive comeback it was the Limerick side who dominated the extra 20 minutes, outscoring UCC by 0-8 to 0-3 to deservedly take the title. Murphy was again the tormentor slotting over six of the eight scores to bring his personal tally to 1-14.

It was a tough day overall for UCC after another side from the college also fell short in the B final, this time to WIT.

Scorers for UL: A Murphy 1-14 (0-8 frees, 0-2 sixty five); I Galvin 0-4; M Shanahan; J Keane 0-2 each, C Moloney 0-1, P Ryan 0-1

Scorers for UCC: P Curran 1-7 (1-4 frees 0-1 pen), D Walsh, K Kenny 0-3 each; C Cormack, C Galvin, C Gleeson, M Dolan, D Hannon 0-1 each.

UL: G Ryan (Tipperary); S Finn (Limerick), D Fitzgerald (Clare), M Casey (Limerick); W Brennan (Kilkenny), B Heffernan (Tipperary), S Dalton (Waterford); L Bergin (Laois), J Keane (Tipperary); C Crehan (Clare), T Morrissey (Limerick), I Galvin (Clare); A Murphy (Kilkenny), M Shanahan (Waterford), C Moloney (Clare).

Subs: D Quinn (Tipperary) for C Crehan (40), C Floyd (Tipperary) for S Dalton (50), P Ryan (Tipperary) for C Moloney (50).

UCC: J Barry (Cork); S O’Donoghue (Cork), J Byrne (Kilkenny), G Murphy (Cork); S Flanagan (Limerick), N Cashman (Cork), E Gough (Kilkenny); D Walsh (Clare), C Cormack (Cork); P Curran (Waterford), M Dolan (Cork), C Galvin (Clare); K Kenny (Kilkenny), D Hannon (Cork), M O’Connor (Cork).

Subs: C Walsh (Cork) for J Byrne (21), C Gleeson (Waterford) for C Galvin (half time), C O’Connor (Cork) for M Dolan (54), J Logue (Cork) for M O’Connor (54), J O’Sullivan (Cork) for C Cormack (74).

Referee: A Kelly (Galway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Half-time: Galway 0-11 KK 0-8.

Not much between the teams in the first half. Galway had the breeze. Michael Walsh came off halfway through the first half with a leg injury. Jackie came on, and Murphy went to full-back.

A good a lot of varied ball has been played into Mark Kelly and Farrell. But they haven't got much joy so far. Matt Ruth and John Power aren't in the game much. Lester is playing well in midfield. Kieran Joyce has a bad habit of when he wins the ball, he sticks the head down and ends up running into trouble.

Just back home from the match. There wasn't much between the teams in the end and either could have won. KK should probably have scored a goal at the end. Galway had a nice spell of play in the middle of the 2nd half and they got some nice scores.

All the KK backs played well I thought. Shane Prendergast had a decent game and I see no reason why he shouldn't start the next day again. Lester had a good game in midfield and got a coupke of points but Willie Phelan didn't look at home in midfield.

Richie Hogan was absolute class as usual, but he came off in the 2nd half. I saw him stretching his thigh early in the 2nd half so I don't know if it was related to that. Out of the rest of the forwards, Walter was the next best. Matt Ruth was a passenger really in the match, apart from a couple of lovely high catches. Mark Kelly and Johnjoe Farrell got a few scores between them, but in reality they should have done a lot better considering the amount of ball that was played into them. John Power was fairly rusty but he was dangerous in and around the square. He was the most likely of the forwards to get a goal.

Although we could have won it in the end with a goal, there aren't too many positives to take from the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

Just back home from the match. There wasn't much between the teams in the end and either could have won. KK should probably have scored a goal at the end. Galway had a nice spell of play in the middle of the 2nd half and they got some nice scores.

All the KK backs played well I thought. Shane Prendergast had a decent game and I see no reason why he shouldn't start the next day again. Lester had a good game in midfield and got a coupke of points but Willie Phelan didn't look at home in midfield.

Richie Hogan was absolute class as usual, but he came off in the 2nd half. I saw him stretching his thigh early in the 2nd half so I don't know if it was related to that. Out of the rest of the forwards, Walter was the next best. Matt Ruth was a passenger really in the match, apart from a couple of lovely high catches. Mark Kelly and Johnjoe Farrell got a few scores between them, but in reality they should have done a lot better considering the amount of ball that was played into them. John Power was fairly rusty but he was dangerous in and around the square. He was the most likely of the forwards to get a goal.

Although we could have won it in the end with a goal, there aren't too many positives to take from the match.

It annoys me how none of the newcomers are getting a chance especially forward players like Ger Malone, Kevin Kelly, Ger Aylward etc who we actually need to have a look at but we rather persist with Ruth whos so obviously not up to intercounty standard. You cant turn a sows ear into a silk purse now matter how much you play him. John Power too only came back for the last game but was parachuted straight into the team today which seems a little unfair to me. Whats the point in having new players when they wont get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Miall108 wrote: »
    It annoys me how none of the newcomers are getting a chance especially forward players like Ger Malone, Kevin Kelly, Ger Aylward etc who we actually need to have a look at but we rather persist with Ruth whos so obviously not up to intercounty standard. You cant turn a sows ear into a silk purse now matter how much you play him. John Power too only came back for the last game but was parachuted straight into the team today which seems a little unfair to me. Whats the point in having new players when they wont get a chance.
    Kevin Kelly came on near the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

Hitchens wrote: »
    Kevin Kelly came on near the end

Was he on long i didnt get a chance to follow the game?

Miall108 wrote: »
    Was he on long i didnt get a chance to follow the game?
    not long enough to be rated, as they say .................I'd like to see him starting

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭droppingball

John Power was totally out of sorts today, saw very little of the ball in his defence.Hard to see us getting anything in thurles either. Richie Hogan needs a bit of support up front, jonjo again won a large amount of ball but could have scored more, Mark Kellys touch was well off and walter and ruth were too patchy.

All in all no need to panic but panel looking slightly light at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Two games left.
    Tipp away - not a chance in hell are we going to beat Tipp at their home ground. I expect a big loss for us.
    Clare home - possibly will have the Ballyhale contingent back for this game so I expect us to beat Clare at home

mullinr2 wrote: »
    Two games left.
    Tipp away - not a chance in hell are we going to beat Tipp at their home ground. I expect a big loss for us.
    Clare home - possibly will have the Ballyhale contingent back for this game so I expect us to beat Clare at home

Still probably won't be enough to avoid a relegation play-off if Tipp give us a bit of a beaten. Next Sunday could be a hard watch especially if Richie Hogan is out!

Ronnie was on duty today. The commentator was a Galway man so new blood all round.

• Advertisement

Still probably won't be enough to avoid a relegation play-off if Tipp give us a bit of a beaten. Next Sunday could be a hard watch especially if Richie Hogan is out!

According to Cody his hamstring was a little tight. If that's all it was, he should be fine for next week. Would agree, without Richie, we'll be watching through our fingers.

According to Cody his hamstring was a little tight. If that's all it was, he should be fine for next week. Would agree, without Richie, we'll be watching through our fingers.

Be surprised if they risked him if there was any doubt!

Pretty fair analysis. Bit surprised Kelly was taken off, he got a couple of points, and Ruth and Power were left on. Power was the major disappointment for me, no reason he should be rusty as he was hurling with UCC in the Fitzgibbon. If Richie Hogan had to stay on we might have got something out of the game as he was on fire at the time and had Lally in all sorts of bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Ronnie was on duty today. The commentator was a Galway man so new blood all round.

Kevin did the Dublin game too, so 3 different commentators so far. Did they get rid of Oisin Langan? Haven't heard him for a while. He usually did most of the games Brendan didn't do

Brian017 wrote: »
    Kevin did the Dublin game too, so 3 different commentators so far. Did they get rid of Oisin Langan? Haven't heard him for a while. He usually did most of the games Brendan didn't do

Heard OL interview Davy after the match so he was in Ennis today.

• Advertisement

Clare v KK in the All-Ireland Final this year ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Hitchens wrote: »
    Clare v KK in the All-Ireland Final this year ;)

the way i see it paining out is us scraping past dublin next week , then ye beat us with the ballyhale lads back , which will put ye ahead of the dubs on scoring diffrence , that of course should ye lose to tipp next week , i cant see ye in division 2 next year ( or 1-B or whatever its called) it would be wrong to relagate ye :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kenajonn

Some very pessimistic views here. Why would we lose to Tipp? It's a good job the team don't think like that. We played well yesterday despite all the setbacks and were unlucky to lose. In my opinion Phelan played well against Tannion, the backs also played well I cannot remember Galway having one goal chance, whereas we created at least four chances.

Not overly disappointed after yesterday, I think if Richie Hogan stayed on we may have got something from the game. Thought the players showed more appetite than the Dublin game and that we are little behind physically but the players are being competitive.

Eoin Murphy had very little to do which is a positive.
    Paul Murphy solid game
    Jackie thought he hurled well when he came in, looked assured.
    Shane Pender had a solid game, looked a little slow on the ball but will most likely get another chance
    Cillian Buckley hurled well and used the ball clevered, sprayed some beautiful diagonals to jonjo farrell when he moved to corner forward.
    Kieran Joyce Glynn caused him all sorts of problems with his direct running, thought he needed to sit a little deeper, commited himself a few times and runners got in behind.
    Padraig Walsh hurled well without being spectacular but hopefully he is left there to bed in for the rest of the leagur
    Lester used the ball intelligently up until the last few minutes where he gave two wasteful balls, he does usually use the ball quiet well, would love to see him burst forward more
    Willie Phelan scored a good point and was solid with exception of being blocked once or twice did ok against Tannion who is fairly seasoned. He may get another go next weekend.
    Walter worked hard again and caught a few balls, need a big one from him next Sunday
    Richie took some serious watching, at one stage Galway moved in a sweeper and Richie had three men around him, he managed to win the ball and pop in over, just class, his free taking was also top class.
    Matt Ruth caught some ball worked hard but caused very little threat, Would love Kevin Kelly to get a start here next week
    Mark kellys first touch seemed poor in the first half, he must have miscontrolled about 5 balls, however scored a good point in the second half and if he makes room for himself he can do damage.
    Jonjo Farrell looked dangerous won alot of ball but was not clinical enough, missed goal chance later on but he wins a mountain of ball for man of his size, looked the most dangerous inside but needs to add a few scores.
    John Power was luckly to stay on the field, hardly touched the ball with exception of goal chance where he hit the post.

The pitch was absolutely atrocious, there was loads of sand on it and drainage markings all over, the amount of missed rises than led to rucks was unreal. It ruined the game as a spectacle but there was plenty of honest endeavor. Galway used the ball fairly well but if we had one or two more forwards firing the game was there.

The panel looks thread bare at the minute and our bench may look fairly light later in the year but there is no need for panic. On Barry Kelly watch he made woeful calls against Kilkenny in the first half and then had a decent game in the second where he was balanced for a change. Don't see many changes for next week as the panel is stretched. He will hardly play the Ballyhale contingent against Clare on 22nd will he?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

He will hardly play the Ballyhale contingent against Clare on 22nd will he?

I can't see any reason why he wouldn't, I read an article with Colin Fennelly recently and he said he's eager to get back to playing with Kilkenny as soon as the club final is over.

I could definitely see a few players coming back onto the starting 15 for the Clare game, if we lose to Tipp on Sunday the chances will probably increase even further.

I would hope to see Colin and TJ come back in thats if Larkin and Richie Power don't make it back. We just need the bit of know how up front. If we could get something out of both games and sneak fourth place the game time would be very beneficial otherwise there is a big gap until Wexford game

He will hardly play the Ballyhale contingent against Clare on 22nd will he?

Our position in the league may force his hand. We do not want to end up in a relegation play-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Our position in the league may force his hand. We do not want to end up in a relegation play-off.

That'd be my thinking too, Cody places quite a bit of emphasis on the league so he's going to want to avoid a relegation playoff if possible.

Maybe Ger Aylward could also get also get a run next weekend, looked in good shape but not sure how much hurling he has done. When is Larkin and Richie Power due back does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Huge match coming up next week in determining the league positions. If Tipp win that will probably mean a Clare - Kilkenny playoff for relegation. If Kilkenny win its all up in the air and anyone could be in the bottom 2.

If Kilkenny are still missing Richie Power & Larkin along with Ballyhale contingent Tipp should win. We have a near full strength panel to choose from with the exception being Bonnar & Lar, Brendan Maher should be over the flue and Shane McGrath is over the injury he picked up against Dublin.

Looking forward to next Sunday.

• Advertisement

When is Larkin and Richie Power due back does anyone know?

Larks had surgery first week in Feb and is out for six weeks. Don't know what the story is with Power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

The pitch was absolutely atrocious, there was loads of sand on it and drainage markings all over, the amount of missed rises than led to rucks was unreal. It ruined the game as a spectacle but there was plenty of honest endeavor. Galway used the ball fairly well but if we had one or two more forwards firing the game was there.

Please feel free to make your feelings about this known to the Galway co. board. (Cody also made a little reference to it in a post-match interview). No amount of 'home' lobbying can seem to make those in power switch a game to Athenry.

MfMan wrote: »
    Please feel free to make your feelings about this known to the Galway co. board. (Cody also made a little reference to it in a post-match interview). No amount of 'home' lobbying can seem to make those in power switch a game to Athenry.

Because they spent so much money on it they feel obliged to play the league matches there seen as they get no home hurling championship matches these days. But i was at the Clare and Kilkenny matches and the standard of hurling both days was poor and the pitch had to be a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

When is the documentry about J Tyrell playing baseball on tv?
    Think it was sometime in March?

STIG83 wrote: »
    When is the documentry about J Tyrell playing baseball on tv?
    Think it was sometime in March?

Have a vague recollection of reading March 15th somewhere, which would be next Sunday. But don't take that as gospel.

Have a vague recollection of reading March 15th somewhere, which would be next Sunday. But don't take that as gospel.

No problem I'll keep an eye out on tv listings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

STIG83 wrote: »
    No problem I'll keep an eye out on tv listings.

It's on this Thursday night, TV3 at 10pm

phkk wrote: »
    It's on this Thursday night, TV3 at 10pm

Thanks and I just seen a thread for it just now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mercury16

Not overly disappointed after yesterday, I think if Richie Hogan stayed on we may have got something from the game. Thought the players showed more appetite than the Dublin game and that we are little behind physically but the players are being competitive.

Eoin Murphy had very little to do which is a positive.
    Paul Murphy solid game
    Jackie thought he hurled well when he came in, looked assured.
    Shane Pender had a solid game, looked a little slow on the ball but will most likely get another chance
    Cillian Buckley hurled well and used the ball clevered, sprayed some beautiful diagonals to jonjo farrell when he moved to corner forward.
    Kieran Joyce Glynn caused him all sorts of problems with his direct running, thought he needed to sit a little deeper, commited himself a few times and runners got in behind.
    Padraig Walsh hurled well without being spectacular but hopefully he is left there to bed in for the rest of the leagur
    Lester used the ball intelligently up until the last few minutes where he gave two wasteful balls, he does usually use the ball quiet well, would love to see him burst forward more
    Willie Phelan scored a good point and was solid with exception of being blocked once or twice did ok against Tannion who is fairly seasoned. He may get another go next weekend.
    Walter worked hard again and caught a few balls, need a big one from him next Sunday
    Richie took some serious watching, at one stage Galway moved in a sweeper and Richie had three men around him, he managed to win the ball and pop in over, just class, his free taking was also top class.
    Matt Ruth caught some ball worked hard but caused very little threat, Would love Kevin Kelly to get a start here next week
    Mark kellys first touch seemed poor in the first half, he must have miscontrolled about 5 balls, however scored a good point in the second half and if he makes room for himself he can do damage.
    Jonjo Farrell looked dangerous won alot of ball but was not clinical enough, missed goal chance later on but he wins a mountain of ball for man of his size, looked the most dangerous inside but needs to add a few scores.
    John Power was luckly to stay on the field, hardly touched the ball with exception of goal chance where he hit the post.

The panel looks thread bare at the minute and our bench may look fairly light later in the year but there is no need for panic. On Barry Kelly watch he made woeful calls against Kilkenny in the first half and then had a decent game in the second where he was balanced for a change. Don't see many changes for next week as the panel is stretched. He will hardly play the Ballyhale contingent against Clare on 22nd will he?

Have been at all the games to date and though that the game against Cork was KK best performance from an effort put in point of view. They really tried that night. Against Dublin we were brutal against Galway the game was there for the winning against an average Galway side and we blew it at the end when we should have taken points instead of going for goals. Tipp will beat the current KK side next weekend, unless they are brutal and these players are playing at championship pace.

Back to Galway.
    I thought Pendergast played reasonably well for his first game. He seems physically very strong and if he can catch a ball then he stands a good chance of making this team. Granted Galway weren't all that, so the jury is still out. Tipp will be a far better barometer next weekend.
    Willie Phelan in midfield was out of it for most of the game. It's maybe not his position, but he either develops a bit of drive, go in his game, or if not, he may as well walk now. Harsh but that's just a dose of reality.
    Walter Walsh - I just don't know what is wrong with this lad. He's very lackadaisical for the most part throughout the game. Looses the ball far too easy as does Kelly and Ruth.
    John Power, oodles of talent but again a lack of go about him.

Galway were trying a number of lads as well and they had no problem getting stuck in as against the KK lads, so it isn't youth that's the issue.
    This is the one thing I would find fault with the current KK panel. Cody's teams of old even the second string teams always gave their all in trying to win the ball but some of these younger lads would drive you mad, and they are currently trying to impress???Being out muscled or beaten by the fitter man is one thing, so long as you are trying.

In addition to that there is a serious deficiency in the standard of the forwards coming through, I'm not seeing any Rice, Larkin, Power, Fennelly or Reid's coming through in these lads. Power, Reid and Fennelly blew hot and cold when they were younger but when they blew hot they had it. The current crop are a millions miles away from that.

Finally, the clock had 31.30 on it in the second half and Pearse stadium decided to turn off the clock on the big scoreboard. They then said 1min of extra time. I watched my wrist watch and to me, Kelly did not play the full amount of time. Did anyone else cop that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭RamonD3

mercury16 wrote: »
    Finally, the clock had 31.30 on it in the second half and Pearse stadium decided to turn off the clock on the big scoreboard. They then said 1min of extra time. I watched my wrist watch and to me, Kelly did not play the full amount of time. Did anyone else cop that ?

In fairness to BK he wasn't wrong on that score. I noted that the clock only kicked in after a few minutes of the second half. I had timed it on my watch and he played around 3 minutes stoppage time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement