Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Altho jackie hasn't being great he has rarely let his county down and on all Ireland final day I'd certainly prefer to have him with me than again me,he'd suit the likes of glynn or cyril donnellan,wonder will kk go man for man?daithi burke will probably shadow hogan mannion will probably pick up tj,I presume there away this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

I hope mannion doesn't resort to the finger in the eye and pulling the face guard on tj again . He was very lucky to be left on the field in the leinster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

I hope mannion doesn't resort to the finger in the eye and pulling the face guard on tj again . He was very lucky to be left on the field in the leinster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thinlizzy51

yes
    Galway getting a reputation for dabbling in the dark arts.lucky not to have a man off last sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

was Lar's challenge for the ball really a foul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

If Alyward keeps his form, surely he has a good chance of all-star?

He has 3-12 from play in 3 games in his first starting year. I would have thought he had a huge shout.

Apparently one hack gave him a rating of 5 in the semi final after scoring 4 points and putting in a huge amount of tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Is it a hard game to call? KK have to be red hot faves for this....

Did you see the amount of goal chances Tipp got...

Right now KK are 1/2 and GY are 2/1 with PaddyPower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Bookies never won anything but taking nothing from galway I believe from talking to a lot of tipp supporters before the match they might of took galway a little for granted with nearly all the experts tipping them it can creep into the players,galway were great on the day and I fully believe this is going to be a tight match a lot will depend on our midfield/half back line this is going to be a battlefield and whoever comes out on top of this will go a long way to winning the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I can't see KK being suckered into a shootout - too experienced and intelligent. They have excellent game management in the crucial lines of half and midfield. I give Galway a puncher's chance, it's a two horse race like. But, I would have KK raging hot faves.

A lot of people want to see Galway win, because they want to see another team win and the underdog at that. But, I think KK have played the best hurling all year and deserve it. There's no denying that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Following on from Richie Hogan's interview where he bemoaned the fact that there were only 4 inter-county matches for KK from May to December, here is my proposal.
    League to stay as it is now, 6 teams in 1A and 1B. 5 league matches, first 4 teams in each division play in Qf. Minimum of 6 matches for each team, maximum of 8 matches, run from middle of February to middle of April.
    Championship. 2 groups of 5 teams eg Group A Kilkenny, Galway, Clare, Cork and Wexford. Group B Tipperary, Limerick, Waterford, Dublin and Laois/Offaly/Antrim. Each team to play home and away against the other 4 teams in the group, top team in each group goes through to AI semi-final. 2nd in group plays third in the other group in 2 quarter finals with winners through to AI semi-finals. 4th in each group plays 5th in the other group with losers through to regulation play off.
    Minimum of 9 games for each team with maximum of 11. Played weekly from the start of May with the final to be played at the end of July. All matches from QF stage to have extra time if required, if still level team with most goals scored to win.
    Club championship to start at the start of August and to be exactly as it is now i. e. 2 groups of 6 at both senior and intermediate level each playing 5 league games, top 2 teams play in league final, next 2 teams play in shield final, with all these teams through to championship quarter finals. teams 3 and 4 in each group play each other in championship with winners through to quarter finals. Teams 5 and 6 in each group play each other, winners through to quarter finals with losers playing each other in relegation play-off. Minimum of 6 matches for each team, maximum of 9 games played weekly from the start of August to the end of September, any matches from quarter final stage to have extra time. Inter-county U21 to be played on Wednesdays in August, round of 16, Quarter finals, semi finals and final. Club U21 to be played in October. Club matches up to end of July could be two groups of 6 at senior and intermediate level, each team plays the other 5 teams in the group home and away, top two teams in each group play each other in semi finals. Minimum of 10 matches, maximum of 12. No regulation/promotion. You could also have the equivalent of Byrne Cup and Aylward cup. Fitzgibbon Cup to be played in January. Football in November/December. All Ireland Club championship to be played in 4 rounds in October - no provincial championship
    Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

galway what eveidence have you got to say Jackie is past it.played outstanding in last years final @ replay.yes he was poor enough in the Leinster final (sloppy short passe) other than that game he has been the best corner back in Ireland for the past 8-10 years.tell you something callinan wouldn't have got those goals of Jackie. hes better than anything you have in the full back line.

'You are only as good as your last game'

I suppose Galwaylad is basing his opinion on Jackie's most recent championship game, in which his performance was poor.

Yes Jackie was great in the 2014 replay, but that was last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

'You are only as good as your last game'

I suppose Galwaylad is basing his opinion on Jackie's most recent championship game, in which his performance was poor.

Yes Jackie was great in the 2014 replay, but that was last year.

If JT is fully fit - Will he or Shane P start?

I know the final will have a huge bearing on it but what would your All Star team be at this stage? Here's my stab at it:

Colm Callanan

Paul Murphy Joey Holden Noel Connors

Daithi Burke Paudi Maher Cillian Buckley

David Burke Austin Gleeson

Jason Flynn Richie Hogan Cathal Mannion

John O'Dwyer Seamus Callanan TJ Reid

The forwards division is particularily competitive with honourable mentions going to Maurice Shanahan,Johnny Glynn,Joe Canning,Conor Lehane,Tony Kelly,Ger Alyward, Eoin Larkin and Mark Schutte.

Too hard to call yet I'd say. Wait to the final and then decide as 80% will probably come from KK and Galway. Maybe 1 or 2 from Waterford and Seamus C of Tipp. Ever when they're picked...they'll be people unhappy.

Have to say KK were robbed last year though!

if fit @ performing in training jt for me.underated outside of kk I would say but loved by kk fans.hope he wins his 9th.like mickey kavanagh before him.seen as been slow but rarely beaten.

if fit @ performing in training jt for me.underated outside of kk I would say but loved by kk fans.hope he wins his 9th.like mickey kavanagh before him.seen as been slow but rarely beaten.

Aye, on All Ireland Final day, experience counts for a lot and JT has loads of that. He's a warrior too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Who are the Byrne Cup and Aylward cup named after would anyone here happen to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Michael Kavanagh slow!!!

there will be no cork all stars.

Michael Kavanagh was extremely fast. Remember his solo runs up the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

‘You wouldn’t see it in Father Ted’ – Cork delegates slam infamous county board statement
    http://the42.ie/2280112

Donal Og getting it in the neck from the Cork Delegates, this kind of stuff is not doing Cork hurling any good and it's not good for hurling in general either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Hitchens wrote: »
    ‘You wouldn’t see it in Father Ted’ – Cork delegates slam infamous county board statement
    http://the42.ie/2280112

Donal Og getting it in the neck from the Cork Delegates, this kind of stuff is not doing Cork hurling any good and it's not good for hurling in general either!

But c'mon let's be honest about it, it is quite funny to see one of our biggest rivals turning on one another!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

I can't see KK being suckered into a shootout - too experienced and intelligent. They have excellent game management in the crucial lines of half and midfield. I give Galway a puncher's chance, it's a two horse race like. But, I would have KK raging hot faves.

A lot of people want to see Galway win, because they want to see another team win and the underdog at that. But, I think KK have played the best hurling all year and deserve it. There's no denying that.

I really don't see that. I don't think that KK have been really outstanding this year at all. Galway OTOH have produced at least two excellent performances. I know KK won the Leinster final handy enough but I think that Galway are a very different beast right now - I really think that Cunningham has planned for September. Physically, Galway look much stronger now towards the end of the game than they did in the Leinster final. Look how strongly they have finished in the last two matches compared with how they wilted a little against KK - I'd say their physical conditioning is a lot different right now than it was 6 or 7 weeks ago and if its close with 10 minutes to go I fancy Galway to take it.

I'd make KK very (very) slight favs for this, only based on history and their wealth of experience, definitely not on this years form.

All those statements are suppositions about Galway possibly being stronger and fitter than they were when they faced KK in the leinster final...Why would KK not be fitter and stronger now? Or, have they been living it up handy style since?

I think KK gave a master class of hurling and figured Galway out...and they'll do the same again. Can Galway deal with Richie Hogan as a playmaker and the athlete that is Michael Fennelly - i don't see a galway player capable of dealing with those guys

But, don't let this distract you from the simple fact that KK have a better team, better manager, and a better panel. With more experience - more winners medals = more belief.

Galway are not as good as they seemed against Tipp - Tipp were poor 5 to 12 - dependant upon Callanan's performance. They just had one of those days 5 to 12 - I'll give Galway some credit but Tipp are not as poor as they played. Exciting game and all but nowhere near the hurling of the Tipp v KK games of the last years

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

All those statements are suppositions about Galway possibly being stronger and fitter than they were when they faced KK in the leinster final...Why would KK not be fitter and stronger now? Or, have they been living it up handy style since?

I think KK gave a master class of hurling and figured Galway out...and they'll do the same again. Can Galway deal with Richie Hogan as a playmaker and the athlete that is Michael Fennelly - i don't see a galway player capable of dealing with those guys

But, don't let this distract you from the simple fact that KK have a better team, better manager, and a better panel. With more experience - more winners medals = more belief.

Galway are not as good as they seemed against Tipp - Tipp were poor 5 to 12 - dependant upon Callanan's performance. They just had one of those days 5 to 12 - I'll give Galway some credit but Tipp are not as poor as they played. Exciting game and all but nowhere near the hurling of the Tipp v KK games of the last years
    some of the points I would agree with you but not the bolded parts!! I dont think the kk bench is very strong!!

Dont think you are giving Galway alot of credit. Heavy defeats to Dublin, Laois and Cork - people were questioning the quality of the other teams. Massive performance against tipp which they dominated,people are saying tipp didnt perform but Galway didnt allow Tipp to perform, thats the difference! I think Galway are well entitled to feel quietly confident going in to the final. It will afterall be their 7th championship match this year and they have serious momentum behind them and will have huge support in croke park on the day.

Bear in mind they have three massive incentives going in to the final that will 100% galvanise them and create a siege mentality; 1) experts are Galway were lucky on the day against Dub, Cork and Tipp and those teams didnt perform on the day. 2) Kk beat them already this year in the leinster final. 3) the most significant - doing it for Niall Donoghue!!

I think you make some good points. But, i won't believe THE GALWAY have arrived as a serious competitor at the top table for years to come unless they start contending AI regularly and they beat KK. Even, if they win by an o.g. in the final minute that'll be enough for me.

I can't see KK as having anything other than the strongest panel in the country - they've proved that time and time again.

If you look at the way Tipp play and the amount of points they string together, they were nowhere near they're best - Tipp had plenty of possessions but were just off with passing and composure. Tipp got a hell of a lot of goal chances...

So for me, Galway have a hell of a lot of work to do in the backs

They aren't suppositions about Galway - they are based on the clear evidence of the quarter and semi final. I realise that this thread is a KK thread so we should prob move to the AI final thread but I'll make this one more post in here. I have no doubt that KK will be extremely well prepared for the final - they always are. However there is defnitely more evidence that Galway are peaking later this season than there is of KK doing that. Cunningham has learned from '12 when they peaked for the Leinster final and by the time the AI replay came, KK were physically much better. From a sports science POV, it is hard to maintain peak physical condition over the full season. Its pretty clear that Galway are stronger physically now than at the LF. I didn't notice much difference between KK's LF performance and semi performance.

No doubt that KK have potential matchwinners, so do Galway, so do Tipp (and, Callanan apart, Galway dealt with them so effectively that even Callanan's performance wasn't enough).
    Definitely and obviously true that KK have the edge in experience. I can't argue against the fact that Cody is the best manger of all time. Regarding "better team" - well that's what will be decided on the day. They were better in this year's LF for sure, but that is no guarantee - Galway were miles better than KK in the '12 LF but roles were reversed by the time of the AI. Regarding belief, that is less certain. Galway showed a ton of belief against Tipp and even against Cork. Canning had a nightmare against Cork and the game was still in the balance with 20 minutes to go, but there was no doubts in their minds. I think that belief is tested when you are behind in a game and you have to decide whether you are going to stick to your gameplan or not - Galway have shown that this year. KK haven't really had to. Of course many of the KK players have shown it in the past, but they are also missing some key men from the past in this regard - it was Shefflin's belief that won the '12 AI for them. Have any of the current KK team done what he did in the second half of the drawn match that day - taken over the game when they were 7 points down and staring at defeat - that was real belief. Of course none of the Galway men have done it to that level either, but there were a lot of good signs in the last 10 minutes on Sunday so I am not so sure that belief is definitely in KK favour here.
    I have to say I think that is just after the fact justification. Before the Cork game, every single major pundit tipped Cork to win. Afterwards it was apparently obvious that there was a crisis in Cork hurling - no one was talking about that before Galway crushed them (while Galway's best player was having a nightmare). Before last Sunday Tipp were pretty strong favourites, but now you say they were poor. Its just as likely that Galway shut them down - right now I think that they are just better than Tipp overall and that Tipp were not allowed to play their game. Regarding the standard of hurling, I thought it was pretty high. Obviously Callanan was brilliant. But some of Galway's passing and interplay was superb. The build up to the last point was as good as anything from recent years - Canning showed huge maturity and skill with that pass when most might have expected him to go for glory.

Also, Galway have plenty of places where they can improve - Canning's general play was good on Sunday, but his shooting was a bit off. Obviously they will hope to improve at full back. They have yet to play their best I think. Its very possible that Kilkenny will improve too but I am arguing that on form Galway have shown better form at the right time so far. Kilkenny win on experience and managerial nous - so I'll stick with making KK very marginal favourites.

Don't agree with anything you've said - tied yourself up in strings there. For example:

"Before last Sunday Tipp were pretty strong favourites, but now you say they were poor."

So what if they were favorites? Doesn't change the fact they were poor. You've ignored most of the points I made, particularly about longevity of performance over years. Tipp were nowhere near where they were despite possessions and goal chances.
    My response was intended for donnem33 - so maybe you missed the logic behind the post and our interaction.

Don't agree with anything you've said - tied yourself up in strings there. For example:

"Before last Sunday Tipp were pretty strong favourites, but now you say they were poor."

So what if they were favorites? Doesn't change the fact they were poor. You've ignored most of the points I made, particularly about longevity of performance over years. Tipp were nowhere near where they were despite possessions and goal chances.
    My response was intended for donnem33 - so maybe you missed the logic behind the post and our interaction.

My point was simple - saying that Tipp were poor is just a subjective interpretation of the result - donnem33 nade a similar point that you can't just put every Galway win down to a bad day at the office for the opposition. The simple facts are that Galway showed on Sunday that they are a good bit stronger than Tipp and it was only Callanan that kept the game close

I read your posts and I don't see any logic behind statements like
    I think you make some good points. But, i won't believe THE GALWAY have arrived as a serious competitor at the top table for years to come unless they start contending AI regularly and they beat KK. Even, if they win by an o.g. in the final minute that'll be enough for me.

They have contended at AI level recently - 2 finals now since 2012 - more than anyone except KK. in 2012 they beat KK which is more recently than Tipp have beaten KK. Fair enough, you are entitled to write them off based on the fact that they haven't won an AI recently. Well then you are basically writing everyone off except KK and Clare (5 years and counting for Tipp now) - I don't see much logic to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Refreshing to see an actual debate rather than it turning into an argument and points scoring

I didn't put every Galway win down to poor opposition. I said it was poor from Tipperary last Sunday - I know how Tipp play - I've been at every game for over twenty years. I know how this team plays, and can tell when it plays poorly, well, and when its down to opposition.

Galway should have killed Tipp off sooner - didn't have the ability to do it. But, despite Tipp's lack of fluency and control on teh day they still mustered a load of goal chances - that would worry me greatly if I was a Galway man. I don't think Galway are a good bit stronger than Tipp, they just caught them on a bad day and Tipp got sucked into the maniac and kind of headless way Galway like to play (should have had at one lad sent off and it fairly aimless at times without a killer touch apart from Canning's deliveries near the end)

One year they got to the final in 2012 - one year. A replay makes it two finals - hardly prolific. I'm not writing them off - they're just not in KK and Tipp's league of contesting the big prizes consistently. Everyone knows that. They're are not KK - nowhere near it. Unless they contest 4 finals (fours years!!!!) out of ten years then i'd say they're a big fish. NOt yet. If they win this year, they have to carry that on...

Tipp still won one and have contested 4 all-irelands (5 if you count replays!!!!) since 2009...

Galway have a ways to go yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Joe might be bit distracted coming up to the final now the media are onto him dating Rachel Wyse..

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/rachel-wyse-off-the-market-as-shes-linked-to-hurler-joe-canning-31463007.html

Fair play to him if he is

He's probably getting up on her every now and again. But, if she lives is London they're hardly an item. Good man, Ollie! Looking after his brother!

It could be Brian Cody propaganda!!! He's already in Joe's head!!!!!!!!!!!!

robwen wrote: »
    Joe might be bit distracted coming up to the final now the media are onto him dating Rachel Wyse..

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/rachel-wyse-off-the-market-as-shes-linked-to-hurler-joe-canning-31463007.html

Fair play to him if he is

That's old news, being going on for over a year!

I didn't put every Galway win down to poor opposition. I said it was poor from Tipperary last Sunday - I know how Tipp play - I've been at every game for over twenty years. I know how this team plays, and can tell when it plays poorly, well, and when its down to opposition.

Galway should have killed Tipp off sooner - didn't have the ability to do it. But, despite Tipp's lack of fluency and control on teh day they still mustered a load of goal chances - that would worry me greatly if I was a Galway man. I don't think Galway are a good bit stronger than Tipp, they just caught them on a bad day and Tipp got sucked into the maniac and kind of headless way Galway like to play (should have had at one lad sent off and it fairly aimless at times without a killer touch apart from Canning's deliveries near the end)

One year they got to the final in 2012 - one year. A replay makes it two finals - hardly prolific. I'm not writing them off - they're just not in KK and Tipp's league of contesting the big prizes consistently. Everyone knows that. They're are not KK - nowhere near it. Unless they contest 4 finals (fours years!!!!) out of ten years then i'd say they're a big fish. NOt yet. If they win this year, they have to carry that on...

Tipp still won one and have contested 4 all-irelands (5 if you count replays!!!!) since 2009...

Galway have a ways to go yet

I'll bite:)

First of all - your criterion of 4 finals in 10 years is rather convenient from a Tipp point of view. One might almost guess that you are a Tipp man still desparately trying to find a way to convince yourself that Tipp are in the top 2

Second, its now two finals in four years for Galway - not one.

Third, you talk about logic but you have presented none to back up the assertion that Tipp were below par on Sunday - just that you know cos you have seen them a lot. That is pure subjectivity.

Fourth, if Galway win this year then their record will be pretty comparable to Tipp over the last number of years.

To be honest I really think that you are arguing based on a conviction that Tipp are at Kilkenny's level - unfortunately they haven't proved that in recent years. Tipp had a chance to push on and compete with KK after 2010 and they seem to have blown it. Its Galway's chance to try now.

Anyway, I think that we have gone far enough off-topic for a Kilkenny thread - All Ireland final nothwithstanding.

Galway beat KK once in 2012. KK beat them handily on 3 occasions that year. Galway have done nothing of note for almost 30 years. Defeat this year would be a massive deflator.

I'm sorry but Galway's record is not comparable to Tipp's record. Nowhere near it. Galway haven't won an ALL-IRELAND since 1988...come on!!!!!!!

Galwya haven't' played their second final yet...- Tipp have still been in twice that amount since 2009 - Galway aren't in Tipp's league yet - Everybody knows the top 2 have been Tipp and KK. Kk have been top dogs but tipp have been ahead of everyone else since 2009 - that's a fact. I wonder what the head to head for tipp v galway games is since 2001 - not good i'd say!!!

A lot of your points are embarrassingly subjective but as you said KK thread. So I won't go into it - unless you'd rather take it to another thread.

the Tipp v KK rivalry has been THE rivalry.

unrealtime wrote: »
    Galway beat KK once in 2012. KK beat them handily on 3 occasions that year. Galway have done nothing of note for almost 30 years. Defeat this year would be a massive deflator.

three times?

since you mention it, in the last 30 years Galway have won 2 All-Irelands, 6 national league titles and 1 leinster title (obviously only had a few shots at leinster), they have also appeared in 5 other All-Ireland finals. Definitely underachievement, but hardly nothing

three times?

Yep. Walsh Cup final In Pearse Stadium, league match in Nowlan Park and All- Ireland final replay in Croke Park.

• Advertisement

Galway 2–21 – 2–11 Kilkenny 2012 leinster final

Galway 3–11 – 3–22 Kilkenny ALL-IRELAND final

League

Round 51 April 2012 Kilkenny 3-26 - 0-10 Galway

FOUR TIMES!!!
    Walsh cup
    Galway 1-14 Kilkenny 2-20`

But, Galway won a draw in the drawn game - so that evens it up! hahaha

three times?

since you mention it, in the last 30 years Galway have won 2 All-Irelands, 6 national league titles and 1 leinster title (obviously only had a few shots at leinster), they have also appeared in 5 other All-Ireland finals. Definitely underachievement, but hardly nothing
    Galway 2–21 – 2–11 Kilkenny 2012 leinster final

Galway 3–11 – 3–22 Kilkenny ALL-IRELAND final

League

Round 51 April 2012 Kilkenny 3-26 - 0-10 Galway

Galway 1-14 2-20 Kilkenny Walsh Cup Final

Bet you to it!!!

I'm sorry but Galway's record is not comparable to Tipp's record. Nowhere near it. Galway haven't won an ALL-IRELAND since 1988...come on!!!!!!!

Galwya haven't' played their second final yet...- Tipp have still been in twice that amount since 2009 - Galway aren't in Tipp's league yet - Everybody knows the top 2 have been Tipp and KK. Kk have been top dogs but tipp have been ahead of everyone else since 2009 - that's a fact. I wonder what the head to head for tipp v galway games is since 2001 - not good i'd say!!!

A lot of your points are embarrassingly subjective but as you said KK thread. So I won't go into it - unless you'd rather take it to another thread.

the Tipp v KK rivalry has been THE rivalry.

Well since you ask - since 2000 (which seems a more natural break point as there was a 7 year gap in championship meetings before that) it 4 Tipp wins to 3 Galway wins in the championship. Not good, but hardly an embarassment.

I guess that Tipp vs KK has been a rivalry of sorts. Interestingly in the same period 2000-present it stands at Kilkenny 7 - Tipperary 1 and 1 draw. Pretty close alright ;)

Well since you ask - since 2000 (which seems a more natural break point as there was a 7 year gap in championship meetings before that) it 4 Tipp wins to 3 Galway wins in the championship. Not good, but hardly an embarassment.

I guess that Tipp vs KK has been a rivalry of sorts. Interestingly in the same period 2000-present it stands at Kilkenny 8 - Tipperary 1. Pretty close alright ;)

Ah Jaysus lads, a Tipp man and a Galway man arguing about who's is bigger than the others on a Kilkenny hurling thread....

• Advertisement

Galway 1-14 2-20 Kilkenny Walsh Cup Final

My bad - I'd say they are still talking about that one down on Noreside

Statistically, not great for tipp! But, those kk v tipp championship games since 2009 had your pants down around your ankles!

I'm bringing KK into it - every chance I get!!! I'm sound like that!

My bad - I'd say they are still talking about that one down on Noreside

Ah yeah, we take every match seriously....

Ah Jaysus lads, a Tipp man and a Galway man arguing about who's is bigger than the others on a Kilkenny hurling thread....

Sure its the only chance we have of getting you lads to take any notice ... we all know who the big dogs are round here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement