Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

orl wrote: »
    Lads I'm not trying to be pejorative when I reiterate the earlier question. Who would Water Walsh replace in this Galway team? Maybe I will be embarassed on Sunday night when he delivers another MOTM performance.

Not David Burke - nobody had more plays on the field than him against Tipp
    Not Andy Smith - if Walter Walsh is half as good a player in his 30s as Andy Smith I will surprised. Won the All Ireland Club for Portumna nearly on his own. Tenacious for a small guy, fit as a fiddle
    Not Conor Whelan such composure and will not be pushed around for a young guy. Deadly finisher
    Not Cyril Donnelan got through the Tipp defence causing Paudie Maher to take him down, gifting Galway a penalty. Great playmaker
    Not Jonathan Glynn - a collosus. very unselfish. unlike walter walsh passes the ball to someone in a better position
    Not Cathal Mannion and Jason Flynn. they are the future TJ Reid and Richie Hogans of the next decade
    Not JC - nothing needs to be said

Walter Walsh is good to catch a ball and he was the surprise ticket in 2012 when he was close to goal with an injured goalie but he has never played as well since. None of the men listed above gets as many wides as him.

My head still says Kilkenny will win but i genuinely don't think Walter Walsh would have made the great Kilkenny teams.

If Richie Power was fully match fit, I would def have him in there ahead of Walsh. Imo Wally is the weakest of our forwards. I hope he proves me wrong and scores a load in the final but I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Here's the 2013 KK v Tipp Round 2 Qualifier in the Park
    https://youtu.be/H4bpV6HB0KQ
    Sorry I had edited this so just the match was supposed to go up I'll 're do it later it'll be ready tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

I actually thought Walsh had one of his best games versus Waterford this year. I think everyone is critising him because he missed an easy point. Everyone thinks that he plays poor because he set the bar so high by scoring 1-3 on his debut. His unorthodox style mighten be easy on the eye but he gets a job from Cody and I feel he does the job well.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Lads I'm not trying to be pejorative when I reiterate the earlier question. Who would Water Walsh replace in this Galway team? Maybe I will be embarassed on Sunday night when he delivers another MOTM performance.

Not David Burke - nobody had more plays on the field than him against Tipp
    Not Andy Smith - if Walter Walsh is half as good a player in his 30s as Andy Smith I will surprised. Won the All Ireland Club for Portumna nearly on his own. Tenacious for a small guy, fit as a fiddle
    Not Conor Whelan such composure and will not be pushed around for a young guy. Deadly finisher
    Not Cyril Donnelan got through the Tipp defence causing Paudie Maher to take him down, gifting Galway a penalty. Great playmaker
    Not Jonathan Glynn - a collosus. very unselfish. unlike walter walsh passes the ball to someone in a better position
    Not Cathal Mannion and Jason Flynn. they are the future TJ Reid and Richie Hogans of the next decade
    Not JC - nothing needs to be said

Walter Walsh is good to catch a ball and he was the surprise ticket in 2012 when he was close to goal with an injured goalie but he has never played as well since. None of the men listed above gets as many wides as him.

My head still says Kilkenny will win but i genuinely don't think Walter Walsh would have made the great Kilkenny teams.

Oh dear, a post at 1.44am, i am guessing there was alcohol involved?

About the only sensible thing you said was Walter Walsh wouldn't make the great Kilkenny team, Richie Hogan and TJ Reid couldn't make the '07 - '09 team,hardly any shame in that? Canning would be the only Galway player to get within an asses roar of that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

About the only sensible thing you said was Walter Walsh wouldn't make the great Kilkenny team, Richie Hogan and TJ Reid couldn't make the '07 - '09 team,hardly any shame in that? Canning would be the only Galway player to get within an asses roar of that team.

Oh dear orl,how could you think you could publish such a seditious piece of lese-majeste and not have your collar felt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Fort Stranger

On a lighter note, any good Kilkenny songs out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

deadybai wrote: »
    I actually thought Walsh had one of his best games versus Waterford this year. I think everyone is critising him because he missed an easy point. Everyone thinks that he plays poor because he set the bar so high by scoring 1-3 on his debut. His unorthodox style mighten be easy on the eye but he gets a job from Cody and I feel he does the job well.

Agree with you on that. He won a lot of ball for Kilkenny against Waterford, and I thought he had a good game, but has a tendency to rush his shot or shoot too early. He is big enough to make space for himself and you can see he is working hard on that aspect of his game. Once he masters picking the right time to pass off a ball, he is there.

Cody always likes to have a big ball winner in the forwards of the Martin Comerford style of player, and Cody knows what he wants, and generally gets it right, as his record proves.

Lads have different opinions, and that's fair enough, that's what a forum is for, and it is very interesting to see the varied viewpoints people have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Walter is a ferocious hurler and is getting better and better at tackling, hooking and blocking. His overall work rate and intensity in the tackle area has stepped up a gear this year especially.

However this season, Walter is not scoring, and not scoring like he used to either. In 2013 he averaged 2.5 points per game (based on minutes played), and in 2014 he average 2 points per game (again based on minutes played). So far in 2015 he has pretty much played all of Kilkenny's championship games, but he has only 2 points in total to his name.

This is Walter's championship scoring record since he made his senior debut against Galway in the 2012 AI Final replay (I think everything is correct :) ):

Year|Match|Opponent|Minutes Played|Goals|Points
    2012|AI Final replay|Galway|59|1|3
    2013|Leinster Quarter-Final|Offaly|36|0|1
    2013|Leinster Semi-Final|Dublin|70|1|4
    2013|Leinster Semi-Final replay|Dublin|60|0|1
    2013|Qualifier|Tipperary|70|0|3
    2013|Qualifier|Waterford|54|0|0
    2013|AI Quarter-Final|Cork|70|0|1
    2014|Leinster Quarter-Final|Offaly|70|0|4
    2014|Leinster Semi-Final|Galway|43|0|0
    2014|Leinster Semi-Final replay|Galway|2|0|0
    2014|Leinster Final|Dublin|56|0|1
    2014|AI Semi-Final|Limerick|0|0|0
    2014|AI Final|Tipperary|48|0|1
    2014|AI Final replay|Tipperary|0|0|0
    2015|Leinster Semi-Final|Wexford|70|0|0
    2015|Leinster Final|Galway|70|0|2
    2015|AI Semi-Final|Waterford|67|0|0

I rewatched the 1st half of the Leinster final last night again.
    Have a look at it here. https://youtu.be/tm8iPM2SVW8

Most people seem to believe that Galway didn't turn up in the Leinster final!!! Well if you have a look at that you'll see they surely did they put huge effort into tackling, hooking and blocking. They had huge intensity, work rate and physicality. I think they did as much work as they did for both the Cork and Tipp games the difference as I've said before is that we match them in this area. I think Tipp and Corks performances made it seem like Galway had upped their game which I'm sure they have to some degree but I think it's more a case of how the opposition react. Kilkenny hurl this way all the time Cork and Tipp do not. Kilkenny could deal with the work rate, intensity and physicality but Cork and Tipp weren't used to it and/or didn't have skilfull enough players to cope with it.

I have no doubt Galway will be better than the Leinster Final but I also have no doubt so will Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Here's the 2013 KK v Tipp Round 2 Qualifier in the Park
    https://youtu.be/H4bpV6HB0KQ
    Sorry I had edited this so just the match was supposed to go up I'll 're do it later it'll be ready tomorrow.

Your a star Tbigger. Ive been looking for this myself with a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

As far as I can make out, everyone bar Michael Fennelly training tonight. Eoin Larkin, Richie Power and Jackie Tyrrell all took part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

blackcard wrote: »
    As far as I can make out, everyone bar Michael Fennelly training tonight. Eoin Larkin, Richie Power and Jackie Tyrrell all took part

Whats up with Fennelly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Whats up with Fennelly?

Not that I know the answer or anything, but doesn't he regularly have to sit out training due to persistent back problems and stuff that they essentially have to keep him from damaging himself so he can perform on match days?

Great news about the others, would be great if Tyrell got back into the team for Sunday, I know he's not been great when on the field this year but...big man, big occasion...

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Whats up with Fennelly?

Don't know, hopefully just taking it easy. Pleasantly surprised to see Larkin striking the ball well. Richie Power seemed to be moving well and his touch was good. It was a light session tonight so hard to read much into it. Jackie Tyrrell looked okay too but I think feel he will miss out, not based on anything tonight, just on the time his foot was in a boot. Hard to make a call on whether Richie Power will start, don't know how much stamina he has built up

blackcard wrote: »
    Don't know, hopefully just taking it easy. Pleasantly surprised to see Larkin striking the ball well. Richie Power seemed to be moving well and his touch was good. It was a light session tonight so hard to read much into it. Jackie Tyrrell looked okay too but I think feel he will miss out, not based on anything tonight, just on the time his foot was in a boot. Hard to make a call on whether Richie Power will start, don't know how much stamina he has built up

Yeah any of those three would be a great bonus, Larkin has been close to his best this year and Jackie and Richie even as subs would be great options. I heard Michael Rice looked ok too tonight, would he be a long shot for a start or even a place on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah any of those three would be a great bonus, Larkin has been close to his best this year and Jackie and Richie even as subs would be great options. I heard Michael Rice looked ok too tonight, would he be a long shot for a start or even a place on the bench?

Very long shot at this stage unfortunately. it'd be nice if he got onto the squad but I wouldn't expect much more than that. Still, if he does manage that it'll be some achievement, they won't be carrying any passengers up to Dublin so if he's there it'll be on merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭orl

No alcohol involved. Brash, yes. I'll come back on and eat humble pie on Monday if necessary. We'll see. I actually think Cathal Mannion will develop to be a better player than Joe Canning.

Walter is a ferocious hurler and is getting better and better at tackling, hooking and blocking. His overall work rate and intensity in the tackle area has stepped up a gear this year especially.

However this season, Walter is not scoring, and not scoring like he used to either. In 2013 he averaged 2.5 points per game (based on minutes played), and in 2014 he average 2 points per game (again based on minutes played). So far in 2015 he has pretty much played all of Kilkenny's championship games, but he has only 2 points in total to his name.

This is Walter's championship scoring record since he made his senior debut against Galway in the 2012 AI Final replay (I think everything is correct :) ):

Year|Match|Opponent|Minutes Played|Goals|Points
    2012|AI Final replay|Galway|59|1|3
    2013|Leinster Quarter-Final|Offaly|36|0|1
    2013|Leinster Semi-Final|Dublin|70|1|4
    2013|Leinster Semi-Final replay|Dublin|60|0|1
    2013|Qualifier|Tipperary|70|0|3
    2013|Qualifier|Waterford|54|0|0
    2013|AI Quarter-Final|Cork|70|0|1
    2014|Leinster Quarter-Final|Offaly|70|0|4
    2014|Leinster Semi-Final|Galway|43|0|0
    2014|Leinster Semi-Final replay|Galway|2|0|0
    2014|Leinster Final|Dublin|56|0|1
    2014|AI Semi-Final|Limerick|0|0|0
    2014|AI Final|Tipperary|48|0|1
    2014|AI Final replay|Tipperary|0|0|0
    2015|Leinster Semi-Final|Wexford|70|0|0
    2015|Leinster Final|Galway|70|0|2
    2015|AI Semi-Final|Waterford|67|0|0

Thanks for sharing that. Cyril Donnelan doesn't score much for Galway either but i would argue a better playmaker than Walter Walsh.

I rewatched the 1st half of the Leinster final last night again.
    Have a look at it here. https://youtu.be/tm8iPM2SVW8

Most people seem to believe that Galway didn't turn up in the Leinster final!!! Well if you have a look at that you'll see they surely did they put huge effort into tackling, hooking and blocking. They had huge intensity, work rate and physicality. I think they did as much work as they did for both the Cork and Tipp games the difference as I've said before is that we match them in this area. I think Tipp and Corks performances made it seem like Galway had upped their game which I'm sure they have to some degree but I think it's more a case of how the opposition react. Kilkenny hurl this way all the time Cork and Tipp do not. Kilkenny could deal with the work rate, intensity and physicality but Cork and Tipp weren't used to it and/or didn't have skilfull enough players to cope with it.

I have no doubt Galway will be better than the Leinster Final but I also have no doubt so will Kilkenny.

I fully agree with you. Galway's first touch is better now. Not sure our improvement will be enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Fair play to ya tbigger, very kind

Thanks again, watched it. Jeez - Kilkenny really were there for the taking that day. They seemed very nervous about the occasion, Larkin missed some sitter frees! TJ and Colin Fennelly almost nowhere to be seen. Not a surprise they drew with Waterford in regular time and were beaten by Cork after this.

• Advertisement

Thanks again, watched it. Jeez - Kilkenny really were there for the taking that day. They seemed very nervous about the occasion, Larkin missed some sitter frees! TJ and Colin Fennelly almost nowhere to be seen. Not a surprise they drew with Waterford in regular time and were beaten by Cork after this.

I don't think TJ had recovered from his injury in the final of 2012, one of the reasons why we were off the pace in 2013

I got rid of all the chat and ads from the 2013 KK v Tipp match here's the link https://youtu.be/nCPbbq0Np44 if you want to see all the chat and interviews use the previous link but you won't find it in any search on YouTube.

I also uploaded the 2014 NHL match in the Park between KK and Tipp the one where they scored loads of goals and Colin Fennelly scored something like 3-5 from play. https://youtu.be/U5Xm_rSod8g

No alcohol involved. Brash, yes. I'll come back on and eat humble pie on Monday if necessary. We'll see. I actually think Cathal Mannion will develop to be a better player than Joe Canning.

I'll throw out a few names at you Kenneth Burke, Kerill Wade, Niall Healy, Aongus Callinan, Bernard Burke, Richie Cummins, Shane Maloney... all underage stars who were touted for future stardom at Senior level.

Unfortunately that is the problem in Galway as Brendan Lynskey said "we have lads who won a minor all-ireland opening supermarkets". While Mannion, Flynn and Whelan have potential to be bracketing 2 of them with Hogan and Reid( guys who have 6 and 5 all-ireland medals respectively) after a few good matches is pure folly!

And if they win on Sunday it won't prove that they have made it and if the lose by the same token it won't mean that they are failures but unfortunately in some quarters that's the way it will be portrayed in Galway!

On a separate note my understanding of things is that Mick Fennelly is pretty much on different training program for the last few years to the rest of the lads in order to manage his back and regularly sits out contact training.

I fully agree with you. Galway's first touch is better now. Not sure our improvement will be enough though.

I don't think your improvement will be enough either, I'm not being cocky but unless we don't turn up with the intensity and work rate we normally do, or unless we make an abnormal amount of mistakes I just can't see ye having enough to hold us.

I would think Colin Fennelly is due for a good game, he has worked hard in all of the games, seems to struggle lifting the ball first time and gets hooked a bit too easily, but if he gets on a roll like in the replay last year he can turn backs inside out, I think him and Mick will be desperate to put big performances in and could be the stars on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

Thanks for sharing that. Cyril Donnelan doesn't score much for Galway either but i would argue a better playmaker than Walter Walsh.

Donnelan (ditto Smith) gets involved in incidents and picks up yellow cards, which puts pressure on a team - Walter doesn't (has he ever got a yellow?), he just gets on with it. I would go with Walter any day. Galway escaped the last day against Tipperary, as they could have picked up a red or two and then it would have been a different story.

Many of the players you mentioned strike me as being big and awkward, and can be difficult to mark because of this. To be honest, I think Galway are carrying too many of this type of player to the detriment of pure skill (which doubtless Canning possesses in buckets).

However, skill is a learning process which comes with experience, and this is a young Galway team, and may be a bit early in their development, but if Kilkenny perform below par on the day, Galway could take them if they play well - that is unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I would think Colin Fennelly is due for a good game, he has worked hard in all of the games, seems to struggle lifting the ball first time and gets hooked a bit too easily, but if he gets on a roll like in the replay last year he can turn backs inside out, I think him and Mick will be desperate to put big performances in and could be the stars on the day?

He's 25/1 for MOTM, nice odds for a player well capable of putting up a big score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Be wonderful, but I doubt it. JC was fully formed, even at 17. He has that X-factor, can do things other players simply don't see or think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Charlie69

MfMan wrote: »
    Be wonderful, but I doubt it. JC was fully formed, even at 17. He has that X-factor, can do things other players simply don't see or think of.
    Joe's a wonderful player and I'm a huge fan, can be very inconsistent though and I'd take Seamie Callinan or TJ ahead of him at the moment.

• Advertisement

Galway fans sounding confident on Dream for Liam, good show actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

40 Years ago !
    To distract for Sundays business and ease the nerves …1975 was a super year for Kilkenny & Brian Cody

1975 Kilkenny beat Galway 2-22 to 2-10 in the All Ireland Final
    1975 Brian Cody won an All Star
    1975 James Stephens County Champions with Brian Cody
    Kilkenny
    1975 All-Ireland Under-21 Hurling Championships
    1975 All-Ireland Minor Hurling Championship
    1975 All Ireland Senior Colleges
    1975 Vocational School All Ireland

See photos in the year book ! up the Cats.

http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/Yearbooks/1975.pdf

I'll throw out a few names at you Kenneth Burke, Kerill Wade, Niall Healy, Aongus Callinan, Bernard Burke, Richie Cummins, Shane Maloney... all underage stars who were touted for future stardom at Senior level.

Unfortunately that is the problem in Galway as Brendan Lynskey said "we have lads who won a minor all-ireland opening supermarkets". While Mannion, Flynn and Whelan have potential to be bracketing 2 of them with Hogan and Reid( guys who have 6 and 5 all-ireland medals respectively) after a few good matches is pure folly!

And if they win on Sunday it won't prove that they have made it and if the lose by the same token it won't mean that they are failures but unfortunately in some quarters that's the way it will be portrayed in Galway!

On a separate note my understanding of things is that Mick Fennelly is pretty much on different training program for the last few years to the rest of the lads in order to manage his back and regularly sits out contact training.
    I never said cathal mannion or Jason flynn are as good as tj Reid or Richie hogan. Every thing else you say I agree with.

Donnelan (ditto Smith) gets involved in incidents and picks up yellow cards, which puts pressure on a team - Walter doesn't (has he ever got a yellow?), he just gets on with it. I would go with Walter any day. Galway escaped the last day against Tipperary, as they could have picked up a red or two and then it would have been a different story.

Many of the players you mentioned strike me as being big and awkward, and can be difficult to mark because of this. To be honest, I think Galway are carrying too many of this type of player to the detriment of pure skill (which doubtless Canning possesses in buckets).

However, skill is a learning process which comes with experience, and this is a young Galway team, and may be a bit early in their development, but if Kilkenny perform below par on the day, Galway could take them if they play well - that is unlikely though.

I can think of two potential red card incidents against tipp so agree with you there. Andy Smith much more disciplined since he took over the captain's mantle. Iarla tannion Cyril donnlan and Jonathan glynn only two who could be described as big awkward types (although I think it would be doing them a disservice ). Look back again at the team.

MfMan wrote: »

Andy Smith is from the same Club as Joe canning and he rated cathal mannion 's skill higher. See on 'spill the beans' on official gaa site.

I never said cathal mannion or Jason flynn are as good as tj Reid or Richie hogan. Every thing else you say I agree with.

I didn't say you said the were as good as TJ Reid and Richie Hogan, i said you bracketed them with them...." Cathal Mannion and Jason Flynn. they are the future TJ Reid and Richie Hogans of the next decade"!

• Advertisement

Anyway this is my final post until after the match while i think Kilkenny will win i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't and like a lot of Kilkenny supporters i would be hugely disappointed if we didn't but when the dust settles i genuinely wouldn't begrudge Galway an All-Ireland because 27 years is way too long!

And sure if that does happen at least Tipp or Cork won't be winning it, every cloud... and all that! lol Enjoy it everyone cos it's the best day of the year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

I have a feeling this is Galway's year. I had that feeling before they beat Tipperary and I still have it now. There's a mental toughness that wasn't there before. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Cody has our lads chomping at the bit. Honestly, if we win it it could be by anything from close to comfortable, whilst if Galway win it it will be close, I just have a feeling there is something about the Tribe this year. One thing Galway have to watch out for though is the mistake made with Callanan in the semi. They can't afford to do that again because Kilkenny will punish them even harder and you can be sure Cody wouldn't make such an error or if he did he'd change it in an instant. As others have said though, I wouldn't begrudge Galway if they do do it. The only counties I wouldn't like to see winning All Irelands, at least amongst those that could, are Waterford, Tipperary, Cork and Dublin. And in terms of if Kilkenny weren't to win it, well, then I'd like to see it go to Galway or Wexford. Maybe we can win the senior, Wexford the u21 and Galway the minor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭granturismo

KK4SAM wrote: »
    40 Years ago !
    To distract for Sundays business and ease the nerves …1975 was a super year for Kilkenny & Brian Cody

1975 Kilkenny beat Galway 2-22 to 2-10 in the All Ireland Final
    1975 Brian Cody won an All Star
    1975 James Stephens County Champions with Brian Cody
    Kilkenny

Thanks for that. He taught me in 3rd class in 75/76, I think it was his first job after teacher training. He was a local hero then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Very Bored wrote: »
    I have a feeling this is Galway's year. I had that feeling before they beat Tipperary and I still have it now. There's a mental toughness that wasn't there before. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Cody has our lads chomping at the bit. Honestly, if we win it it could be by anything from close to comfortable, whilst if Galway win it it will be close, I just have a feeling there is something about the Tribe this year. One thing Galway have to watch out for though is the mistake made with Callanan in the semi. They can't afford to do that again because Kilkenny will punish them even harder and you can be sure Cody wouldn't make such an error or if he did he'd change it in an instant. As others have said though, I wouldn't begrudge Galway if they do do it. The only counties I wouldn't like to see winning All Irelands, at least amongst those that could, are Waterford, Tipperary, Cork and Dublin. And in terms of if Kilkenny weren't to win it, well, then I'd like to see it go to Galway or Wexford. Maybe we can win the senior, Wexford the u21 and Galway the minor!

Cunningham said something along the lines that they didn't want to put an extra marker off him. Their tactics were working elsewhere and they didn't want to change. If they lost it would have been total folly.

As regards next Sunday, If Kilkenny mark Whelan, Mannion, Flynn etc out of it, and try and limit damage control from Joe, they'll probably do it. Unfortunately. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So apparently 'Victory would rank as ‘Cody’s finest success yet’

When was the last time that line wasn't trotted out before an All Ireland final Kilkenny were involved in?

Just for means of build up:

Enda McEvoy on the Kilkenny 1975 side
    Christy O'Connor on Michael Fennelly and his importance to Kilkenny
    Henry's article ahead of the big game
    John Allens preview in the Times

Feel free to post up anything interesting you see ahead of the big game...

• Advertisement

I can think of two potential red card incidents against tipp so agree with you there. Andy Smith much more disciplined since he took over the captain's mantle. Iarla tannion Cyril donnlan and Jonathan glynn only two who could be described as big awkward types (although I think it would be doing them a disservice ). Look back again at the team.

What 2 incidents are you referencing? The belt Woodlock got and the nasty stroke from Mannion across Callanan as he scored the third goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    What 2 incidents are you referencing? The belt Woodlock got and the nasty stroke from Mannion across Callanan as he scored the third goal?

Hanburys rugby tackle on Seamie for the peno?

Weather forecast is dry and no wind,, a little cloudy so perfect for hurling, will that benefit us?

My team guess
    Murphy
    Murphy, joey, pender
    Walsh, Joyce, Buckley
    Feno fogo
    Wally, hogan, Larkin
    Aylward, tj, colin

citykat wrote: »
    Hanburys rugby tackle on Seamie for the peno?

No actual rule for a red card there as far as I know but it certainly needs looking at. Duignan said in the paper on Sunday it should be a red card offence. Liam Sheedy came to the conclusion there was no cynicism in hurling, that came back to him a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mrscat

a long shot, but if anyone has a ticket for Sunday please message me, getting very worried at this stage, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I have a strong feeling Richie Power will start for KK.

Mick Fennelly, Richie Hogan and Richie Power not at training tonight!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Cody sent them to NASA to improve the space program. They're also getting in some altitude training...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mrscat

mrscat wrote: »
    a long shot, but if anyone has a ticket for Sunday please message me, getting very worried at this stage, thank you

got sorted, phew. Hope everyone else is too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement