Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best charity shop?

Options
  • 14-03-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

I've gotten really into bargain hunting lately, I usually do it at home but I'll be in town during the week, just wondering which charity shops should I look into?
    Any particularly good ones or hidden gems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

sugarman wrote: »
    There arent really any good ones in the city center tbh, I find the best places are towns outside of it like Dun Laoigre and Bray. Depends what youre looking for tho

I live in Bray and I find them awful... I'm looking for things like dresses but at the moment I'm on the lookout for a nice big hat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

I've heard Oxfam has a nice one on Main Street in Dundrum.
    Hope this helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

there's a great one in greystones i got a Quinny Pram a lady had just dropped in for 30e was gonna spend 200e online was delighted plus some nice clothes I've got a few times missed out on brand new pair of Timberlands for 20e someone picked them up before me was raging great shop though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Theres a good few around George's Street, heard good things about the ones on Camden St. Worth a walk up from Georges St to Camden st for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

penana wrote: »
    I've heard Oxfam has a nice one on Main Street in Dundrum.
    Hope this helps. :)

Or the one on Francis Street :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

There's one on Capel Street called the goodwill thrift shop. I've never been in but from walking by the window each day there seems to be quite a lot of cool stuff in there.

Also there's a big oxfam one just off Parnell Street but I think that's only furniture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I have been in there - usually looking for books myself. I didn't see anything much different to any other charity shop. On the subject of charity shops - the Capel Street Goodwill Thrift Shop doesn't seem to have any affiliation to a charity, or did I miss a poster somewhere?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement