Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy-to-let repossessions

Options
  • 14-03-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Does anybody think that now the government is finally tackling the mortgage debt crisis that there will be a glut of buy-to-let repossessions? resulting in quick cheap sales and therefore depressing the market even further.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

in the area i had been looking i had noticed a slight increase in prices in the second half of last year and first quater of this year which i believe were down to MIR and the 'shortage' of houses being reported, i predict the notion of the BTLs being repossessed this year, let alone it when it happens, should erase these gains, we're as near as it gets to the bottom and will continue to bobble along there for forseeable future, the economy isn't getting better but it isn't getting worst either same goes for property

btw i'm no expert just speculating as i see it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

There may be some downward effect from repos, but it is better not to think of it depressing the market - really its more about returning the market to its long-term "normal". Even within a normal market there are "blips" that go over or under normal trends - there will be expensive and cheap properties regardless of the actual positioning of the market........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

there will be a large number of BTL repossesions, but i also predict these units will be snapped up by other LLs.

i personally know several fellow LLs who are eager to purchase as demand for rentals is still very strong.

Advertisement