Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Twist

Options
  • 14-03-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Ive just started using the Kanget Twist with the T2 Clearomizer this week with Vampire Kiss Juice, but unfortunatly it did not come with any instructions, so I have a few questions please (BTW I have both Clearomizers, T2 and T3.

1) What voltage should I put it on?
    2) How tight should the Clearomizer be to the Battery?
    3) Is it okay to leave the Clearomizer to the Battery at all times?
    4) How long doers a Claeomizer last? Do I need to replace them after a while?
    5) Am I meant to turn the Battery off at night?
    6) How long does it take for the Battery to fully charge - am I meant to press the button to get it to charge, or just connect and leave?
    7) Am I supposed to clean the Clearomizer and if so how and how often?
    8) Am I meant to chage the wick in the T2?
    9) Is it okay to leave the kanger lying flat or should I have it vertical?
    10) Should I dosconnect the Clearomizer from the Battery at night?
    11) Are you allowed to use it on buses and in the office for example?
    12) If you have liquid in the Clearomixer, can you get through Airport Security?

Sorry about all these question but as I said it came with no instructions and Im a newbie

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

1) Whatever you like really. I like it low down, but some prefer a huge hit of vape per go, totally personal perference.
    2) Not too tight, don't over tighten it. It shouldn't be loose, but you shouldn't force it on, tighten it softly until it sits on neatly. Sorry, this is hard to answer really. You want it on the thing, without being loose, but you don't want to force it at all, or thread the thing.
    3) I do and it doesn't seem to affect it, maybe turn the batt off (five quick clicks)
    4) Some say a week for the heads, but mine last much longer, depends on useage.
    5) I do yeah, but it won't do much if you forget, if anything
    6) When I connect an ego C twist it flashes the light a bunch of times. It has a red light until charged, usually about 3-6 hours, seems to vary.
    7) I buy new ones, but water without the head is ok, and afaik vodka is good.
    8) If you want yeah, some say every week... depends on use. I buy new ones as I don't like messing around with the parts.
    9) Never had a problem, but it if leaks don't I geuss.
    10) Same as question 3.
    11) It may cause attention, or be misconstured as smoking. My office is fine, but I wouldn't have plumes of vapour coming out of you tbh. Depends on the office though, maybe ask them.
    12) In theory yes.... in practice seems to vary madly, probably better in your luggage than carry on.

NOTE: I'm a total noob and you'll get much better answers in 3...2....1....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭iba

1) Whatever you like really. I like it low down, but some prefer a huge hit of vape per go, totally personal perference.
    2) Not too tight, don't over tighten it. It shouldn't be loose, but you shouldn't force it on, tighten it softly until it sits on neatly. Sorry, this is hard to answer really. You want it on the thing, without being loose, but you don't want to force it at all, or thread the thing.
    3) I do and it doesn't seem to affect it, maybe turn the batt off (five quick clicks)
    4) Some say a week for the heads, but mine last much longer, depends on useage.
    5) I do yeah, but it won't do much if you forget, if anything
    6) When I connect an ego C twist it flashes the light a bunch of times. It has a red light until charged, usually about 3-6 hours, seems to vary.
    7) I buy new ones, but water without the head is ok, and afaik vodka is good.
    8) If you want yeah, some say every week... depends on use. I buy new ones as I don't like messing around with the parts.
    9) Never had a problem, but it if leaks don't I geuss.
    10) Same as question 3.
    11) It may cause attention, or be misconstured as smoking. My office is fine, but I wouldn't have plumes of vapour coming out of you tbh. Depends on the office though, maybe ask them.
    12) In theory yes.... in practice seems to vary madly, probably better in your luggage than carry on.

NOTE: I'm a total noob and you'll get much better answers in 3...2....1....

Thanks very much for your answers - really helps me a lot.

I have it at about 3.8 at the moment - not getting much vapour at all - sometimes none at all.

So even if you wash the T3 out, you still, after a while, have to buy new Heads for it and likewise for the T2, you have to buy new wicks for it - is that correct?

Ok that is not right at all. I have it at 3.2 (or whatever the lowest is) and there's a fair punch from it, plenty of vapour visible from it.

It could be defective tbh. My kanger kit was a total mess, the T2s never worked at all. Is it the same with both kangers, and both batteries? If it is, return the kit maybe.

Are you in Dublin? Ovale have a walk in shop and loads of random clearmoisers etc, very handy to talk to someone and give it a whirl before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

iba wrote: »
    Thanks very much for your answers - really helps me a lot.

I have it at about 3.8 at the moment - not getting much vapour at all - sometimes none at all.

Drawing on a e-cig is slightly different to drawing on a real cig. With an e-cig, you need to take slow, long, easy drags. It's actually quite relaxing when you get into it. You will also notice that on a real cig, if you wanted more "hit", you would draw harder and faster, hence burning the tobacco hotter, and getting more smoke. This does not work on an e-cig, as airflow over the coil has very little effect on the temperature it gets to in order to vaporize the juice. Where a drag on a real cig is no longer than 1 or 2 seconds at most, a drag on an e-cig could take 4-5 seconds. Long, slow, consistent drag. It actually takes a very small amount of getting used to!

If you are still not getting much vapor, then simply ramp the voltage up a bit. I would start low and work up, as opposed to high and work down. Twist up the voltage until you get a vape you are happy with. You don't want it so high that you start to get a "burning" taste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when you ordered did you get high or low resistance t2's?

bump up the voltage a bit, when you start getting a burnt sort of flavour you've gone too far so dial it back from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Ooh, I forgot, the type of juice has an impact on the amount of vapor you get. As I remember, Vamp Kiss - while a nice tasting juice - didn't provide that much vapor. If I am correct, those juices have a primarily PG base (you will get to learn these terms in time!!). PG gives better throat hit, but not as much vapor as VG. A juice with a 50/50 PG/VG blend will give more vapor than a 100% PG juice.

Ok that is not right at all. I have it at 3.2 (or whatever the lowest is) and there's a fair punch from it, plenty of vapour visible from it.

It could be defective tbh. My kanger kit was a total mess, the T2s never worked at all. Is it the same with both kangers, and both batteries? If it is, return the kit maybe.

Are you in Dublin? Ovale have a walk in shop and loads of random clearmoisers etc, very handy to talk to someone and give it a whirl before you buy.

Ill give it a go at the lower numbers in a bit.

Ive only used the T2 so far and Ive only used on of the batteries.

Yes in D2 - where is Ovale shop?

Drawing on a e-cig is slightly different to drawing on a real cig. With an e-cig, you need to take slow, long, easy drags. It's actually quite relaxing when you get into it. You will also notice that on a real cig, if you wanted more "hit", you would draw harder and faster, hence burning the tobacco hotter, and getting more smoke. This does not work on an e-cig, as airflow over the coil has very little effect on the temperature it gets to in order to vaporize the juice. Where a drag on a real cig is no longer than 1 or 2 seconds at most, a drag on an e-cig could take 4-5 seconds. Long, slow, consistent drag. It actually takes a very small amount of getting used to!

If you are still not getting much vapor, then simply ramp the voltage up a bit. I would start low and work up, as opposed to high and work down. Twist up the voltage until you get a vape you are happy with. You don't want it so high that you start to get a "burning" taste.

Thanks very much for that info - slow long drags and start with low voltage and work my way up - Ill give it a go in a bit

At around 4 I was getting a burning taste.

when you ordered did you get high or low resistance t2's?

bump up the voltage a bit, when you start getting a burnt sort of flavour you've gone too far so dial it back from there

Dont know - I got the T2 900mah

Ooh, I forgot, the type of juice has an impact on the amount of vapor you get. As I remember, Vamp Kiss - while a nice tasting juice - didn't provide that much vapor. If I am correct, those juices have a primarily PG base (you will get to learn these terms in time!!). PG gives better throat hit, but not as much vapor as VG. A juice with a 50/50 PG/VG blend will give more vapor than a 100% PG juice.

Ah ok cool - more good info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Hi iba. Here's the Ovale site. With some of the t2/3's I find that I can over tighten and block the airhole so maybe try loosing it about half a turn and see if that gives you more vapor. Also, Vampires Kiss is one of my fave juices but can need a bit of steeping to get it to the yellow colour that means it's at it's tastiest. Good luck!

Clearomisers around a fiver, so I got a few random ones. Personal preference is big. The bigger T3 heated underneath one produces more vapour, it's cooler and it tastes nicer... and I personally don't like it. It's a bit leaky, the drip tip doesn't screw in and it's too big. It's really a preference thing sometimes, I like the little Vision ones, they're smaller and I've had no hassle with it at all.

From my VERY limited experience there is a learning / messing curve. I was very put off by the whoel thing, but after getting a few things cheap to try from Ovale I'm settling in.

The twist 900 mah batt last me a day or two but the charger is very twitchy and it's bloody huge. I'm looking at the elipse-c or something neater for out and about stuff.

Don't do what I did and bin the thing in contempt, clearomisers are dirt cheap and you never know what you'll enjoy.

Which reminds me to look at alternatives to clearomisers, I'm a use it and throw it away type. I don't like the messin around with heads and coils and so on.

Clearomisers around a fiver, so I got a few random ones. Personal preference is big. The bigger T3 heated underneath one produces more vapour, it's cooler and it tastes nicer... and I personally don't like it. It's a bit leaky, the drip tip doesn't screw in and it's too big. It's really a preference thing sometimes, I like the little Vision ones, they're smaller and I've had no hassle with it at all.

From my VERY limited experience there is a learning / messing curve. I was very put off by the whoel thing, but after getting a few things cheap to try from Ovale I'm settling in.

The twist 900 mah batt last me a day or two but the charger is very twitchy and it's bloody huge. I'm looking at the elipse-c or something neater for out and about stuff.

Don't do what I did and bin the thing in contempt, clearomisers are dirt cheap and you never know what you'll enjoy.

Which reminds me to look at alternatives to clearomisers, I'm a use it and throw it away type. I don't like the messin around with heads and coils and so on.

Thanks very much for your input, appreciated.

Just a word of note again: I'm a n00b to all this, and I'm on the fence about it still. Pretty much anyone else here would know more than me, so take my advice as is!

However, I did get really riled up by the product and the messing, but being back on the fags is a crappy, horrible, smelly, awful alternative. I hate it!

I think I need a new kit tbh, the Ego Twist / Clearomiser doesn't suit me personally.

Everyone here has given me lots of good advice and tips (you included)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

To be honest, clearo's never did it for me either. Never could see the attraction because they either never worked or leaked or wouldn't wick properly.

I'd recommend Boge cartos for newbies.

Advertisement