Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 event announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,437 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

EA are without a doubt the scummiest gaming company ever...looking at recent releases like Real Racing 3 where you basically have to throw money at the game to get anywhere and the poor crap support for every game introduction etc..I mean how many games have EA launched with sodall servers trying to cut costs and users can't even get to play them for the first few days..
    The day those fúckers go bust I'll throw a party

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

fair point. Still think Battelfield 4 will be awesome on next gen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Not sure why people hate EA, they are a company who exist to make money, not a charity.

Would people prefer to have to wait every 5/6 years for a game like GTA - style? I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    Not sure why people hate EA, they are a company who exist to make money, not a charity.

Would people prefer to have to wait every 5/6 years for a game like GTA - style? I think not.
    DICE would be able to produce a far better game if EA wasn't their publisher. EA are ALL about money - don't give one ****e about their users. I bet it's because of EA that we only get patches every 6 months. It's because of EA that BF3 hasn't got modding available. If it had modding available, the game would be "playable" longer and EA wouldn't make as much money out of future titles (such as BF4). Well having said all this, I don't think EA really know what they're doing, because everything I just mentioned would increase sales of future games, but it seems they don't want to hear about it. How many Youtubers have done videos about what they'd like to see in BF4? How many of those will actually be listened to and taken into account? Very few if any.

Take Sim City as another example. €60 for the normal version or €80 for the limited version. This is the most expenisve game I've seen in years for PC. On launch day what happens? No one can play the game because of a lack of servers to cope with the players. The game was designed so that you need to be connected to EA Online even to play single player.

Bohemia Interactive are exactly the company all games companies should be striving to be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Delighted to say EA Sports spotted our St Patricks Athletic Footall4All academy and donated a copy of Fifa 13 to everyone involved to a value of nearly 2,000 euro. Fair play to them they sent a lot of people home very happy

576167_4978811421566_2011306259_n.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dreamers75 wrote: »

576167_4978811421566_2011306259_n.jpg

:pac:

So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

Said by some bearded Mexican ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Re EA, look i only play BF3 so I dont know (or really care) but go to battlelog and you see so many people saying "BF3 is crap, DICE are clowns, EA are scum" and I am thinking... play something else?

Re EA, look i only play BF3 so I dont know (or really care) but go to battlelog and you see so many people saying "BF3 is crap, DICE are clowns, EA are scum" and I am thinking... play something else?
    Yeah they should go play something else if they say that. But there's no doubting, despite all the bugs and faults, BF3 is a great game and will be for a few more months at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a game community, that's what they do. They'd still complain even if the games company promised world peace and prosperity and then delivered it too.

Spear wrote: »
    It's a game community, that's what they do. They'd still complain even if the games company promised world peace and prosperity and then delivered it too.
    No fear of DICE doing that anyway :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kotaku claims to have legit further images from other invites:

http://kotaku.com/5990828/well-hear-about-battlefield-4-this-month-it-better-have-rain-in-it

Apparently it's just BF3 with rain.

Advertisement