Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in dogs behaviour?

• 14-03-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

My dog has suddenly started acting quite strange over the last few days, randomly crying, very unsettled and pacing around the house.

this is quite different to his usual behaviour - as he is a total couch potato and loves nothing more than snoozing on your lap most of the time.

the only thing i can think of is that next doors dog may have gone into heat? she is a boxer - coming up to a year old id say.
    ive booked him in to get neutured as id hate to see him this distressed twice a year but what im asking is would this explain the behaviour change? its not constant but he just v. unsettled.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

That could well be it. Could you possibly check with your neighbour just to clarify if thats the case? If not then maybe a vet check is needed.
    Dogs behaviour changes hugely if theres a female in season. I couldnt even begin to describe how mental Cooper goes when hes around a bitch in heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭timshel.

Yeah i'll ask them when i get home from work. how long should this last if it is the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

They are usually in season for 3 weeks but can give off a scent for a time before and after it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

our neighbours dog used to start doing that about a week before ours went into heat but just ask them to make sure

Advertisement