Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Tyres

Options
  • 14-03-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anybody recommend a place around the city for car tyres? Somewhere that sells good brands and are well priced. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

I always go to Geraghty's by the bridge. No nonsense and reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

I recently replaced my tyres and did tracking in Hannover Tyres on Phillip Street. Reasonable prices and good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Geraghty's was were I got mine - Bridgestone Turanza

Really great grip, softer compound but then again I do 50,000km a year so €320 was worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭timefora_J

Got 4 new Toyos in Hanover Tyres, they were the cheapest in the town €220. Every where else was over 300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Sealant services on bridge st, they do New tyres and Part worn tyres.. very reasonable and great to deal with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Heathen wrote: »
    Sealant services on bridge st, they do New tyres and Part worn tyres.. very reasonable and great to deal with!

A father and son operation. I never look past the 2 pats, they look after us very well always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Digger69

check out www.tyrequote.ie found them good and interesting way to get a price on tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭drdoon

There are multiple, neh! Tonnes of places buy tyres. both online and through bricks and mortar. I have tried several of them over the year including etyres & blackcircles. These are all very good, but of course you cannot haggle the price, which is a bummer. I'd honestly say buying tyres through a bricks and mortar which will give you a god price on fitting a wheel balancing included is actually a better solution in the long run. I got some new tyres recently through tyresDublin.com. Site is full of useful info too. Not just a sales pitch. Make sure to ask for a discount if you're buying a full set ok ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tramore Tyres are good. Sound lads, very helpful and came in the cheapest last year when I quoted nearly all the main suppliers in Waterford.

The only other chap who does tryes at good rates in Waterford is in the Six Cross Roads Business Park. First right, then next right and its on your right. Brian is the chaps name, does car services etc. Been there a few years, nice chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Heathen wrote: »

wellboy76 wrote: »
    A father and son operation. I never look past the 2 pats, they look after us very well always

+3. I always go to Sealant Services. Their on Bridge street just down from the tax office. Well recommended!

• Advertisement
Advertisement