Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Staff Appreciation Thread (Up beside KFC) Wexford Town

Options
  • 14-03-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Just read a good article here by Conor Pope and his dissection of Aldi is an unfortunate one -

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/supermarket-sweep-a-shopping-challenge-1.1320739?page=2

Anytime I've shopped in Aldi up by KFC they staff have been brilliant, CP is probably correct in general but I think the staff in that Aldi are exceptional.

Thumbs up Aldi staff (by KFC), keep up the smiles !

Can't same the same about the Trinity Street one as they are like the ones CP describes:)

How are the staff in your local Aldi/Lidl ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Same Aldi as me vicwatson. They always seem nice, friendly and chatty. No complaints there. Haven't been to the other Aldi in years so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The staff in my local Aldi are grand,helps that I know a couple of them.I find them very helpful whenever I can't find something (which is usually staring me in the face)

Half the staff in the Aldi by KFC came from the Enniscorthy branch,that's why they are so nice.

Much better than Dunnes where most of the staff are sullen and try to avoid customers if possible.One member of staff there should get some kind of award for being the worst person in the world to man a till,anyone from Enniscorthy knows who I'm on about.

Slightly OT but Aldi in Enniscorthy has a 39" LCD for €290,saorview etc.,remote is missing but any universal one would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Maybe we're spoiled in Gorey but I have no complaints about any of the staff in the five supermarkets in the town. Any complaints I have would be about general store policy, particularly Dunne's which seems to close all but one checkout at closing time; counter productive I would have thought as I've seen people just leave trollies and walk out, probably never to return.
    In general I think the German outlets have improved the standard of CS in Ireland, I can't remember ever being bid good day by any supermarket cashier before they arrived, it's a small thing but it helps. I would agree with Pope's comment on the checkouts at Aldi/Lidl but I've never been hurried along by the checkout operator, it's more of a self consciousness issue and Lidl in particular, are very quick to open another checkout if queues develop. Anyway it beats having a problem with the robot tills in Tesco, the assistants there are so efficient with dealing with any situation that arises, they make you feel like a right gob****e for getting it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Their bagging policy just means everybody gets through the till quicker,including the person with the trolly.One annoying aspect of shopping there is the lack of baskets,half of the people are walking around with armfulls of groceries,they've brought them hn in Dublin apparently so hopefully.What I've seen of the staff they seem to be permantly busy at one thing or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kneemos wrote: »
    Their bagging policy just means everybody gets through the till quicker,including the person with the trolly.One annoying aspect of shopping there is the lack of baskets,half of the people are walking around with armfulls of groceries,they've brought them hn in Dublin apparently so hopefully.What I've seen of the staff they seem to be permantly busy at one thing or another.

Seem to be starting to listen to customers though, as they used to only have those large trollies and now I see they have those sort of half trollies too.

Lidl still only have those massive skips on wheels and no baskets !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

vicwatson wrote: »
    Seem to be starting to listen to customers though, as they used to only have those large trollies and now I see they have those sort of half trollies too.

Lidl still only have those massive skips on wheels and no baskets !

I just take one of the boxes from the fruit & veg section if I'm just grabbing a few items.

Advertisement