Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd alumni

Options
  • 14-03-2013 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

graduated in 2011 and wondering is anybody here a member of ucd alumni or know anybody? can you join any societies as part of the alumni just to keep social with people from ucd? also, I hear you can use the library facilities as a member, is it expensive to become a member of the alumni? not sure of costs at the moment!! do you pay a yearly sum or a lump sum for membership?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

€30 as a standard member. Not sure about the socs. You can use the library but you cannot remove books AFAIK. Online resources can only be used within the library too. You pay per year. You do get various discounts and there is some info here

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Sivousplait

can't remove books....that's a swizz! There were some books I'd love to read while enjoying a coffee...imagine trying to gulp a coffee in there...librocop would have you! doesn't sound too good, but i'll have a look at that link you left.

thanks for the info maldesu!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Jayus! Don't dare with the coffee unless you want to be fined €20. He caught me one day and gave out. I was in a little room with NO books near me, so I only got a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Sivousplait

Maldesu wrote: »
    Jayus! Don't dare with the coffee unless you want to be fined €20. He caught me one day and gave out. I was in a little room with NO books near me, so I only got a warning.

ha it's ridiculous like. Not getting into a DCU V UCD debate but I studied in DCU as well and there was never a problem with having drinks in there...in fact I don't ever think I ever saw a student being told to stop drinking whatever it was they were drinking.

on a related topic, I think alumni can use the library in DCU for free...no fee to become an alumni...and you are able to take out books. have to double check now with the people in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Fair enough you can't take books out. You are not a student. Those books are for students...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

If you want borrowing rights it will cost you €200 a year. An Alumni can join the sports clubs anyway afaik but I don't know about socs.

Advertisement