Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping failure on new modem

Options
  • 14-03-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I need to change my Modem as the current Zyxel model does not support 802.11n and will not connect to my Ipad and the range is unreliable.

The new modem is an inca wireless ADSL2/2 Modem + Bridge / router (IM-310NX) bought and used with no problems in Turkey. According to the manufacturers it works in all EU countries except France.

When I tried to set it up with my eircom account, I managed to get an IP address but the Ping test failed.....

All the cables were correctly placed and I reset the modem as I had used it at different address and country previously.

Any ideas on what is causing the ping failure?

Thanks in advance.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Welcome to boards. :)

Is ping disabled on the modem? Are you sure you're pinging the right IP address? Being assigned an IP indicates that DHCP is enabled and working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You sure you have the Eircom Dsl settings right?
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sven9

never got that far.

used a cd that came with the modem.

that took me through an ip test first, then failed the ping test.

should i set these things first?

the modem worked fine in Turkey.

I reset it when I came back to Ireland.

How can I check if the Ping is disabled on the modem?

cheers guys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You don't need a CD to install the modem, these can cause more hassle you don't need. All the configuration can be done via the routers gateway configuration page, generally 192.168.1.1/192.168.0.1 etc. (consult the router docs to see which is the gateway your router is using).
    I would factory reset the modem, then when it boots again use the details Pog posted above to configure the modem

Nick

Cheers guys, got it going.

configuration page was the way to go.

Advertisement