Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancel Contract & Data

• 14-03-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

I just cancelled my contract with Meteor. Will I lose the data from the SIM, like phone numbers and texts?

And is there a way to save it to my phone? iCloud is not working for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

fatknacker wrote: »
    I just cancelled my contract with Meteor. Will I lose the data from the SIM, like phone numbers and texts?

And is there a way to save it to my phone? iCloud is not working for me.

Are you moving to another company? if so nothing will be lost as on an Iphone all the information is saved on the phone, the sim might have some phone numbers like meteor customer care, etc If you were using your sim in another phone before you started using the iphone numbers could also be saved on the sim.

You can do a back on itunes that will save all info as it's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

I'm not moving to another network at the moment and having trouble with my iTunes. Is there a way to save the data to the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

fatknacker wrote: »
    I'm not moving to another network at the moment and having trouble with my iTunes. Is there a way to save the data to the phone?

Phone numbers are saved to the phone and not the sim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

I also got my phone unlocked, if that helps. What about text messages? Is there any other data I can lose when the contract is cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Any data on the phone can't be affected by cancelling a contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 dodod

How did you get phone unlocked ?are you finished your contract

Advertisement