Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bluetooth device not found

Options
  • 14-03-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, hope this is the right forum for bluetooth?

Anyway bit stumped by a problem that admittedly would be outside my area of expertise so any help appreciated. Currently doing some analysis on the best form of file transfer between two different types of laptops which will be going out to administrators and users NOT on a network.

Legacy solution which is no longer viable used an ad hoc network between the two.

So I was thinking of Bluetooth. The administrators laptop seems fine in this regard. Successfully paired with my phone and did a file transfer.

The user laptops however are a different brand and model. So here's the confusion. There is a bluetooth symbol in the sys tray and bluetooth device listed as working properly under device manager. However if I right click on the sys tray symbol the only option not greyed out is Bluetooth configuration. I've attached a screen shot of the bluetooth configuration on the right and the device manager on the left. Main problem with bluetooth is despite it looking like there is bluetooth on the laptop there is no device found. I also checked in the bios in case it had been disabled. Bluetooth is listed there as enabled.

So question is why would I have a bluetooth configuration suite if I don't have bluetooth?

Laptop model by the way is Compaq 615. Should also mention information on the hardware is sparse as well. Took almost two weeks to track down a bios password!

Cheers

xp8tpy.jpg

Advertisement