Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi and plugging laptop in

Options
  • 14-03-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Seen a few old threads but what about currenly... Best places to plug laptop in for a couple of hours with Free Wifi. Without getting bothered to move or continue buying products. Don't mind buying a drink or something no an again but preferably somewhere that isn't going to cost alot.

Also does any internet cafe offer service of plugging own laptop in while usig and if so what are the costs like. Does the library on Westside or in Augustine street allow you to plug laptop in ?

All good advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Last time I did this was a year or two ago.
    It was in Mocha Beans by Edward Sq. I found a seat next to a power outlet, just lucky.
    Massimos has free wifi as do Blue Note, both have outlets. If this is during the day, spend some dosh on lunch and coffee and it should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭looper333

Good pointers Biko!! I will be looking for value and quality in the food also as will be a regular thing for a few weeks as i work in Galway. I would like to try a variety of places and write up my experiences so need many options.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Both libraries do.

I've found that Lynch's cafe in Shop St is excellent, provided you choose outside the busy lunch time. There's lots of space so they don't hassle you for tabeles. Just need to choose your seat cleverly to get to a powerpoint. Oh, hang on, you want Wifi. They may not have that ... I always took my own mobile b/band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

biko wrote: »
    Massimos has free wifi as do Blue Note, both have outlets. If this is during the day, spend some dosh on lunch and coffee and it should be grand.

Some of the outlets in Massimos have those roundy plugs, so check before settling

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Both libraries do.

I've found that Lynch's cafe in Shop St is excellent, provided you choose outside the busy lunch time. There's lots of space so they don't hassle you for tabeles. Just need to choose your seat cleverly to get to a powerpoint. Oh, hang on, you want Wifi. They may not have that ... I always took my own mobile b/band.

They have WiFi and the password is Shopstreet.

Methinks we should have a thread of WiFi passwords.....

• Advertisement

Paddyfield wrote: »
    They have WiFi and the password is Shopstreet.

Methinks we should have a thread of WiFi passwords.....

Indeed post all the wifi passwords you got here for Galway city, that would save a lot of time.

Have Jurys hotel got Wifi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

looper333 wrote: »
    Have Jurys hotel got Wifi ?
    http://galwayhotels.jurysinns.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

An Tobar Nua has free wifi, a quiet area and free re-fills on coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

McSwiggans is a good spot during the day as long as you buy a coffee or something, there are some plugs available over at the far wall to the right as you come in

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The Front Door and The Dail Bar both have wifi, and I think they also have a couple of power points. Food is decent, too (lamb burger in the Front Door, and usually the fish specials in the Dail).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

looper333 wrote: »
    Indeed post all the wifi passwords you got here for Galway city, that would save a lot of time.
    Grumpy mod cat disapproves, get the passwords the regular way please.
    I don't want crap from bars/establishments because their passwords are posted in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Seaneh wrote: »
    An Tobar Nua has free wifi, a quiet area and free re-fills on coffee.

I've been in An Tobar Nua a few times when we've had planning meetings for our Girl Guide unit and it's a very handy spot if you have to do a bit of work. Compared to other places we've been to for meetings and had a bit of food at, it's quite reasonable too.

Advertisement