Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Temple Theatre Thread...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mtb nut

es-cee wrote: »
    Just thinking back now, i remember when Kissfm would go off the air, at around 12-1am every night. They used to have recorded live gigs, from the main floor of the Temple, as a play list. I even recorded quite a few, but can't remember where they are, or wtf happened em now. Most probably lost, or stolen, at house parties etc. Scott Bond, was one of them i recorded. It was a quality set, and this remix was only new out, so woulda been around 1999, or early 2000

Anyway, just wondering if any of you may remember those recordings, or even recorded some yourselves, that you still have today?

Ah the temple of doom days. I remember some of it so well. I do happen to have some of those sets from kiss fm on minidisk somewhere.I'll have to root them out and see what i got. One i do know for sure i have is the mauro picotto set.I also have a massive amount of the nukleuz and BXR records from that era. Happened that i was dj'ing back then and it happened to be my choice of tunes.
    I will try find and upload what i have when i find it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

My father is a sergeant and he always used to tell me to stay away from this club as lots of heroin junkies used to go there and shoot up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Just thinking back now, i remember when Kissfm would go off the air, at around 12-1am every night. They used to have recorded live gigs, from the main floor of the Temple, as a play list. I even recorded quite a few, but can't remember where they are, or wtf happened em now. Most probably lost, or stolen, at house parties etc. Scott Bond, was one of them i recorded. It was a quality set, and this remix was only new out, so woulda been around 1999, or early 2000

Anyway, just wondering if any of you may remember those recordings, or even recorded some yourselves, that you still have today?

Have a good few mixes on my mixcloud from the Temple.

http://www.mixcloud.com/olliemagic/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Joe Hart wrote: »
    My father is a sergeant and he always used to tell me to stay away from this club as lots of heroin junkies used to go there and shoot up.

You daddy lied to you, and in doing so, cost you some brilliant nights, and memories. Bold daddy!!

ollie1 wrote: »

Sweet as a nut, cheers mate :cool:

• Advertisement

Mate, do ya have any of these sets, upped to a file sharing site, i can download em from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Mate, do ya have any of these sets, upped to a file sharing site, i can download em from?

would also like to get any sets, have a judge jules one thats all i have

• Advertisement

my memory is being jogged by this thread, seems i remembering more than i thought i could, still a blur them days but i know i had a good time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I was in the Crypt one night and Liam Dollard was playing and he played this little gem I will never forget it.

one of the best progressive records ever made IMO, that whole EP is quality to be honest

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Thanks for the share can you download from Mixcloud? I uploaded a set from Trade @ Redbox on Soundcloud if anybody is intrested.

https://soundcloud.com/luzon/trade-redbox-st-stephens-night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

yes, i remember some of them, their was one of jfk, never recorded any of them though, wish i had now

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mtb nut

Ah i remember this one from the temple days.Maddness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdOhhWgRECg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

A lot of the music hasn't aged well, but the memories...jaysis...it kinda makes me feel pity towards the late teen, early 20's clubbers of today.

On a good sell out night it was a pure electric atmosphere from start to finish. Half of what is now Dublins criminal underworld, under the one roof, going mental on green traingles, cool-pops & soap bar joints, seeing dj's snort coke off the 1210's with not a cdj in sight, getting caught with pills and hash, but getting the hash back, coz the bouncers were decent like that...good times.

Best night....The night Picotto was late because of the snow.

• Advertisement

Triangular wrote: »
    A lot of the music hasn't aged well, but the memories...jaysis...it kinda makes me feel pity towards the late teen, early 20's clubbers of today.

On a good sell out night it was a pure electric atmosphere from start to finish. Half of what is now Dublins criminal underworld, under the one roof, going mental on green traingles, cool-pops & soap bar joints, seeing dj's snort coke off the 1210's with not a cdj in sight, getting caught with pills and hash, but getting the hash back, coz the bouncers were decent like that...good times.

Never see another club like it in Dublin again!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭MeIsGod

It was a good spot but like others have said the music was pants, seemed decent at the time but hasn't aged well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

Why did it shut?
    The Crypt was alright but not a chanced I'd go near that area these days.

Joe Hart wrote: »
    Why did it shut?
    The Crypt was alright but not a chanced I'd go near that area these days.

I heard the residents of the area, got it closed. Not sure how true that is, but it's what i heard at the time anyway.

I heard the residents of the area, got it closed. Not sure how true that is, but it's what i heard at the time anyway.

that was part of it, I think there was some problem with the building structure too. Also the licence was some sort of loop hole that they could open to til 4am and it was closed and restricted to 2am opening (says the indo at the time) but the real reason I think was the super club was just dying a death and had run its course, pity because it was a smashing venue, on the big nights the atmosphere in the main room was electric and the underground feel and vibe you from the crypt will probably never be repeated clubbing wise in this city.

• Advertisement

davet82 wrote: »
    that was part of it, I think there was some problem with the building structure too. Also the licence was some sort of loop hole that they could open to til 4am and it was closed and restricted to 2am opening (says the indo at the time) but the real reason I think was the super club was just dying a death and had run its course, pity because it was a smashing venue, on the big nights the atmosphere in the main room was electric and the underground feel and vibe you from the crypt will probably never be repeated clubbing wise in this city.

It was definitely on the decline, from about 2001 onwards. I remember hearing (as i wasn't there that night) Joy Kitikonti, played to an empty main floor one weekend. I wasn't into his music at the time, which is probably why i didn't go. But a few of my mates went, and told me they felt sorry for him, as there was only maybe a hundred people there, and place looked empty, being such a big area to fill. I do remember plenty of packed out nights from 2001 onwards, but they were becoming less often. My personal fav years were 98 & 99. I know most of us are in agreement, that the music hasn't aged well. But one thing i do think is important to mention, is the fact the the music, no matter how crap some of it may sound now, was full of energy! The production in todays music is second to none in comparison, but a lot of it also lacks a lot of the raw energy, that those tunes had. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents worth lol, as you were :)

Advertisement