Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Temple Theatre Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Just read this, definitely how i remember the place anyway.

http://www.anyyokes.com/tall-tales/remembering-the-temple-theatre/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

First set to download John Cecchini Temple Theatre 23.9.00

More coming soon :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x8xe75

ollie1 wrote: »
    First set to download John Cecchini Temple Theatre 23.9.00

More coming soon :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x8xe75

I've just created a new folder, specifically for Temple sets :)

Nice1 man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Roryorbit-Jay pidgeon pre Tidy boys set Temple Theatre and Tidy Boys set.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/Xl4WYmz3LhGM6XqWITVr5Q

ollie1 wrote: »
    Roryorbit-Jay pidgeon pre Tidy boys set Temple Theatre and Tidy Boys set.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/Xl4WYmz3LhGM6XqWITVr5Q

Was one of the best nights i ever had in there. We had these yokes at the time, not sure what they were called, but they were STRONG!!! I couldn't stop dancing all night, once they came up, i was on another planet. Music was ace, and the atmosphere was unreal! Getting goose bumps just thinking about it now, amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

es-cee wrote: »
    I heard the residents of the area, got it closed. Not sure how true that is, but it's what i heard at the time anyway.
    i heard it was something to do with the building but wouldn't be surprised if the residents had some part to play in it closing by crying noise even though they lived with it for years, mind you they should have been told to put up and shut up (as you can probably guess i don't have much sympathy for residents living near these places as their are many opportunities to obbject to it in the first place or they knew it was there when they bought or rented a house there)

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

i heard it was something to do with the building but wouldn't be surprised if the residents had some part to play in it closing by crying noise even though they lived with it for years, mind you they should have been told to put up and shut up (as you can probably guess i don't have much sympathy for residents living near these places as their are many opportunities to obbject to it in the first place or they knew it was there when they bought or rented a house there)

They weren't having scummy raves in that venue since the 60s ffs.

I'd say it was probably a combination of things, that led to it being closed.
    There was definitely structural damage alright. That scaffolding i only down
    a wet day, at this stage.

I seen some pics of the inside now, over on facebook a few months back.
    Totally changed, raised floor up to the balcony, bright paint job etc. Hard
    to believe what went on in there, when you see how it looks now.

Joe Hart wrote: »
    My father is a sergeant and he always used to tell me to stay away from this club as lots of heroin junkies used to go there and shoot up.
    Joe Hart wrote: »
    They weren't having scummy raves in that venue since the 60s ffs.

:D No point getting all bent out of shape, just coz your daddy wouldn't let you go to it.

This track was huge, when it was 1st released! Listening to it now, it sounds very dated. But my god, anytime this track was dropped, on the main floor, the energy levels rose through the roof!!

• Advertisement

Another track, more towards the end, of the Temple era.
    But it was rinsed to bits, on the main floor never the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭DaithiMa

This is a tune I remember from the Temple. Brilliant venue. Best night I had there was Seb Fontaine around xmas time can't remember the year, but it was a few nights after Picotto had been on. Went to both. Those were the days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

^^^^
    A favourite Darren Flynn always played.

And for those that like the harder element....

The red pill a little gem.

DaithiMa wrote: »
    Brilliant venue. Best night I had there was Seb Fontaine around xmas time can't remember the year, but it was a few nights after Picotto had been on. Went to both. Those were the days..

I remember seb fontaine playing with judge jules supporting and lisa lashes in they crypt (as far as I can remember 99/00 ish maybe a different night as I thought it was summerish :o) cracking night

davet82 wrote: »
    I remember seb fontaine playing with judge jules supporting and lisa lashes in they crypt (as far as I can remember 99/00 ish maybe a different night as I thought it was summerish :o) cracking night

Spent most of that night in the Crypt lol. Was never a fan of Jules, anytime he played, i used to scoot off down under, and run amok to whatever hard house Dj was on that night :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement