Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Temple Theatre Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

don't know how I didn't think of hong kong affair, great track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Bangin tune this one, Crypt written all over it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Not to get of topic but I had many of good nights in the temple. But personally for me The Redbox was the number 1 club in Dublin at the time. The temple had the harder edge at the time with the rise of HH. But the Redbox had the headliners at the time. I remember Trade at the Redbox in March 1999 the night before Paddys night. Fergie, Pete Wardman and Alan Thompson there wasn't many at it but what a night.. Any who that's my two cents worth back on topic.

• Advertisement

Not to get of topic but I had many of good nights in the temple. But personally for me The Redbox was the number 1 club in Dublin at the time. The temple had the harder edge at the time with the rise of HH. But the Redbox had the headliners at the time. I remember Trade at the Redbox in March 1999 the night before Paddys night. Fergie, Pete Wardman and Alan Thompson there wasn't many at it but what a night.. Any who that's my two cents worth back on topic.

Was never in the Red Box, so can't comment on that end of it. But The Temple had some awesome headliners too mate. I think they were both on par, venue-wise, but The Temple was the main underground "super club" of the time. I know as far as some people are concerned, strict door policy is everything, but i really don't give a shít about that tbh, i never saw any trouble in The Temple. Red Box was pretty strict, compared to The Temple in that respect. I remember a few mates of mine (who are decent people btw, in case the snobs among us think otherwise) had tickets to go to Red Box one night. Don't know who was playing there that night, but they were all well up for it. Anyway, long story short, the rest of us went to The Temple. I don't remember who was playing there either tbh, but i remember my mates walking in about 45 minutes after we did. Told us the bouncers shot them down, for no good reason. So they sold their tickets outside, and came over to us. We had a great night, as per usual, and that was that. It would have been around late 1999 or early 2000 at the time anyway roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

es-cee wrote: »
    Was never in the Red Box, so can't comment on that end of it. But The Temple had some awesome headliners too mate. I think they were both on par, venue-wise, but The Temple was the main underground "super club" of the time. I know as far as some people are concerned, strict door policy is everything, but i really don't give a shít about that tbh, i never saw any trouble in The Temple. Red Box was pretty strict, compared to The Temple in that respect. I remember a few mates of mine (who are decent people btw, in case the snobs among us think otherwise) had tickets to go to Red Box one night. Don't know who was playing there that night, but they were all well up for it. Anyway, long story short, the rest of us went to The Temple. I don't remember who was playing there either tbh, but i remember my mates walking in about 45 minutes after we did. Told us the bouncers shot them down, for no good reason. So they sold their tickets outside, and came over to us. We had a great night, as per usual, and that was that. It would have been around late 1999 or early 2000 at the time anyway roughly.

The Temple and Red Box both did a job of catering to their particular sound. The Temple was pretty much dedicated to the trance/hard house sound (Jules, Picotto etc) though there was the odd techno night there while the Red Box was more about the prog (Sasha, Digweed etc) and techno sound (Clarke, Garnier, Cox etc) though they did have Oakenfold there when he was at the height of his popularity. The Temple was a lot easier to get into though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

They were both kips. Switch was the biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

ah the temple theatre ................. Those were the days

Super friday nights in it at the 70's nights back in the late 90's
    Also remember seeing some live bands in it on sundays
    Was never brave enough to chance a saturday night in it

Joe Hart wrote: »
    They were both kips. Switch was the biz.

:D Persistant little bugger, hats off though, some superb trolling on your behalf! ;)

• Advertisement

:D Persistant little bugger, hats off though, some superb trolling on your behalf! ;)

I'm giving balance. The TT was packed full of tinkers. Made me feel uneasy and the music was ****e for the most part.

I'm giving balance. The TT was packed full of tinkers. Made me feel uneasy and the music was ****e for the most part.

I don't know whether to believe you now or not. On one hand, your da's a copper. And you never set foot in it, and had an inaccurate description, of what went on inside. Now you "felt uneasy" in it, make your mind up man!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The Temple of Sound is the rightful owner of the nickname 'The Temple' - you lot need to call the Temple Theatre by its full name so as not to cause confusion or worse still, soil the sacred name of the true and original Temple :pac:

Oh and here's a 'Temple' anthem...

I don't know whether to believe you now or not. On one hand, your da's a copper. And you never set foot in it, and had an inaccurate description, of what went on inside. Now you "felt uneasy" in it, make your mind up man!

I never said I never stepped foot in it. He told me about the gear heads and I told him to **** off and give me a ton for the night and shut his mouth.

I usually stated down in the crypt. Less people that grew up in religious/nationalist hero named housing developments.

I never said I never stepped foot in it. He told me about the gear heads and I told him to **** off and give me a ton for the night and shut his mouth.

I usually stated down in the crypt. Less people that grew up in religious/nationalist hero named housing developments.

Hahahaha, some man for one man!

The Temple of Sound is the rightful owner of the nickname 'The Temple' - you lot need to call the Temple Theatre by its full name so as not to cause confusion or worse still, soil the sacred name of the true and original Temple :pac:

Oh and here's a 'Temple' anthem...

Was in the 'Temple Of Sound' quite a few times as well. Although, it hadn't a patch on 'The Temple' mind you ;)

Remember that **** Jon Cecini? What a star, has he been buried yet?

Remember that **** Jon Cecini? What a star, has he been buried yet?

Now there's something, i agree with you on. I never liked him, EVER!! It used to baffle me, why they kept bringing him over. In fact, he even played a Temple reunion, in 2010 i was at ffs. Dreadful stuff altogether, cheesy trance crew, all the way!

Now there's something, i agree with you on. I never liked him, EVER!! It used to baffle me, why they kept bringing him over. In fact, he even played a Temple reunion, in 2010 i was at ffs. Dreadful stuff altogether, cheesy trance crew, all the way!

I'd say it was his first gig in years, probably since the TT closed.

What about that other **** that was the main resident? He must have thought he was a superstar back then, he even released some muck track. Probably reconditioning alloys on the Naas road now.

I'd say it was his first gig in years, probably since the TT closed.

This is his "anthem" from his Temple career, terrible track altogether!!

• Advertisement

What about that other **** that was the main resident? He must have thought he was a superstar back then, he even released some muck track. Probably reconditioning alloys on the Naas road now.

Who was that?

Quick google reveals it was Darren Flynn.

Quick google reveals it was Darren Flynn.

He's still producing trance music now actually. It's not my cuppa, but it's better than his early efforts anyway.

Was in the 'Temple Of Sound' quite a few times as well. Although, it hadn't a patch on 'The Temple' mind you ;)

Doubt that man... All I need do is listen to a few of the tunes here to reach that conclusion ;)

Doubt that man... All I need do is listen to a few of the tunes here to reach that conclusion ;)

It's easy to reach that conclusion now, but for the times that were in it, it was fresh sounding. Just like most of the older clubs, most of the music sounds jaded now, only a select few people, who still appreciate it ;)

He's still producing trance music now actually. It's not my cuppa, but it's better than his early efforts anyway.

Producing and not releasing I see.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Darren+Flynn

Playing bass in a folk rock band now.

http://www.discogs.com/Pale-I-Woke-Up-And-I-Was-Gone/release/3942018

It's easy to reach that conclusion now, but for the times that were in it, it was fresh sounding. Just like most of the older clubs, most of the music sounds jaded now, only a select few people, who still appreciate it ;)

Venue-wise, temple of sound hadn't a patch, though in fairness!

I'm not up to speed, on what he's been doing lately tbh. I know he was talking about releasing a track, a few months ago. Was a good tune too (for trance). I think he might be in with your man John O Callaghan, that's what someone told me anyway, not sure if it's true though.

Venue-wise, temple of sound hadn't a patch, though in fairness!

I'm sure many would disagree with you too. What year were you in the Temple (of sound that is...)? I thought I remember reading along the way that you were that bit younger?

• Advertisement

I'm sure many would disagree with you too. What year were you in the Temple (of sound that is...)? I thought I remember reading along the way that you were that bit younger?

Was at a few under 18's gigs back in late 96, through 97. Then moved on to the temple after that.

Advertisement