Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Temple Theatre Thread...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Ah in fairness he was a good DJ - he had quite an ability to build a set, he was just a moody fcker though. I remember once there was a guest DJ playing and he really wasn't getting the place going, really slow stuff - lots of people complained to Ken the manager in the ToS and he was taken off - Moy came on and played even fukin slower - he started with this, great track but not at 1am to a club full of people off their faces and looking to hop around the place!

Belfast what a track pure quality sasha done a nice mix of that. I have them both on vinyl but you won't beat the original.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ok I will admit to enjoying some stuff from around late 90's - we rented a house in rural Galway for a couple of nights and I'd just bought Reactive 16... it was supposed to be a few couples staying in the house and strictly drink and maybe a few smokes... I'd say 2 hours after we got there, one of the lads produced a big bag of pills and it turned to fukin chaos... this mix always reminds me as we had it almost on repeat those few days...

es-cee wrote: »

That's what i loved, about places like the Temple Theatre, SFX etc. Even though hard house is very simplistic music, it has load of energy, and ya can just lose yourself in it, even if it's just for one night while out of it. I loved it though, i must admit, and i've even been getting back into some newer stuff lately. Pierce Rooney sent me loads of deadly mixes the other day, that i've enjoyed immensely, over the last few days.

Andy Farley done a 16 part Trade memories mix a good while back.Great mix from the club where it all began. I'll see if I can upload it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Ok I will admit to enjoying some stuff from around late 90's - we rented a house in rural Galway for a couple of nights and I'd just bought Reactive 16... it was supposed to be a few couples staying in the house and strictly drink and maybe a few smokes... I'd say 2 hours after we got there, one of the lads produced a big bag of pills and it turned to fukin chaos... this mix always reminds me as we had it almost on repeat those few days...

Don't ya just love those quiet nights, that end in utter chaos!! :D

This is one of my fav HH tracks from mid 90's, would have been
    played in ToS i would assume? Think it was released in '96.

Andy Farley done a 16 part Trade memories mix a good while back.Great mix from the club where it all began. I'll see if I can upload it .

Sweet mate, would appreciate it very much, thanks :cool:

• Advertisement

Actually that reminds me too of an early Trade mix I had, again played at many of our parties around 1995 I'd say... I see the track I wanted to post on YT is still only the one ripped from the same mix actually.

By fck hearing that nearly has me welling up, serious memories of that.. the night the UFO was raided we went back to a party and had this banging out, great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭JRant

This was a fav if mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbEsDAqIkJQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Anyone remember the way the music would stop half way throgh the night for the fire drill?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Actually that reminds me too of an early Trade mix I had, again played at many of our parties around 1995 I'd say... I see the track I wanted to post on YT is still only the one ripped from the same mix actually.

By fck hearing that nearly has me welling up, serious memories of that.. the night the UFO was raided we went back to a party and had this banging out, great night.

Top tune that yeah

JRant wrote: »
    This was a fav if mine

Anyone remember the way the music would stop half way throgh the night for the fire drill?
    The flip to Hale Bopp

This was a fav if mine

I remember Sky ran a competition/reality show similar to the Muszik bedroom bedlam DJ. And the winner got to play at Trade and release a single on trades label. But I remember the winner saying that was his favourite tune of all time. Anybody remember the show??

• Advertisement

Yup, it's even recorded on a couple of mixes i've listened to haha.

Ok my last contribution to Trade related stuff, I fukin loved this one back again around 1995...

Now, where is that Mozart CD I was about to listen to...

I remember Sky ran a competition/reality show similar to the Muszik bedroom bedlam DJ. And the winner got to play at Trade and release a single on trades label. But I remember the winner saying that was his favourite tune of all time. Anybody remember the show??

It's a proper banging tune, really got the place pumping. So many good night in there around 98/99. Used to be Redbox on a friday and then the Temple on a saturday. Redbox had the better music for me but the athmosphere in the temple was second to none.

Yup, it's even recorded on a couple of mixes i've listened to haha.

I also remember going one night and Judge Jules had his missus singing on stage!

I also remember going one night and Judge Jules had his missus singing on stage!

Yeah she had a single out at the time, cheesy trance tune.

Awful music, some of my mates used to love all that ****,
    used to drive me mad lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Wouldn't make my top 5 in Dublin the but had some cracking nights there most notably David Holmes at the Eurodance in 97 I think it was, remains one of the best techno sets I've ever heard, some great nights but ultimately went to the dogs after 2000 IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Area 51 - Epidemic (Mark Kavanagh & Alan Pullen Remix) http://youtu.be/JP9hv8X19nc
    Pants & Corset - Dammit Janet http://youtu.be/aCpgtg-Vxto
    Banana Boys - Desire http://youtu.be/SX5IgmiYnQs

I could stay naming tracks all night, in fact this thread has inspired me to dust off the vinyl and have a mix.

After listening to Belfast last night I could'nt resist... This is what I would of played if I was Moy that night.

Last one best mix of this IMO.

• Advertisement

Yeah she had a single out at the time, cheesy trance tune.

Awful music, some of my mates used to love all that ****,
    used to drive me mad lol.

Oh that was pants.

Back on topic now....

Oh that was pants.

There was loads of that kinda crap, played on the main floor.
    Was huge everywhere, including Ibiza, which is where The
    Temple gota lot of musical influence from, which was a pity!

Paul F1 King seen him in Trade what a nutter great track. You can't beat the untidy sound of Paul Janes always suprised me that he never played over here.

Here's a Keno Flanagan mix, i recorded off Clubfm in summer of '98.
    Anyone who is into that time period house/Hard house will like it.
    Also looking for an ID On the track before 'DJ Warlock - The Sound',
    if anyone can help me out. It's the 3rd last track on the mix.

http://www.mediafire.com/?te387y7gzm7ua84

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Wouldn't make my top 5 in Dublin the but had some cracking nights there most notably David Holmes at the Eurodance in 97 I think it was, remains one of the best techno sets I've ever heard, some great nights but ultimately went to the dogs after 2000 IMO

http://www.mixcloud.com/olliemagic/dave-clarke-eurodance-temple-theatre-04101997/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

deadly what a night that was one of the best live techno sets ever I don't recall what yokes we took that night but they were seriously strong although at that time 3 day benders were par the course :-)

Advertisement