Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Temple Theatre Thread...

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

jonnny68 wrote: »
    deadly what a night that was one of the best live techno sets ever I don't recall what yokes we took that night but they were seriously strong although at that time 3 day benders were par the course :-)

Quality set, just a year or so before i frequented the place, would have loved to be at it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blues guitar man

carl cox.jim masters,green velvet in temple theatre...some night...as i said on another thread green velvets gear broke/or didnt arrive,so he done MC over carl cox set..or at least thats what my brain is telling me...he prob wasnt even there...lol..na im sure im right...great great night...was ultimate base night on tour...jim masters another class dj...also a set id love to get is greenvelvet at cream feilds,before he started his muck MC stuff over cdjs,he had his band there,2 keyboard players...he said at the end that they done and played all they know,so done a banging version of la la land..again could all be just my imagination...lol..but i think it happened...lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Kx5h9c7pI

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Darren Flynn

Temple Was a great club, my favorite time was the early years, 98-2001 - I don't release any material under Darren Flynn anymore - But if anybody is interested you can find some recent productions via the below links under my Alex Fixed alias and Aureal, the production duo project i am one half off.

http://www.beatport.com/artist/alex-fixed/184560
    http://www.beatport.com/artist/aureal/165338

I have a family and a BZ job these days so find it very difficult to find time to produce in my Studio unfortunately :-( , but here is whats in the pipe line - I have 3 new Alex Fixed Originals nearly complete, a collab with Paul Denton almost done and Aureal have 2 originals we are finishing this weekend. Other half of aureal, Derek, is based in San Fran but is flying into Dublin to finish some material. Glad to read the Temple is still a great memory a lot of you have. I know i will never forget the club and thankful to be so lucky to have played there. Cheers all. Darren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Unkle77

Anyone ID this track from 94 its after the NYE countdown in the point ,
    I posted on the Track ID tread also, but since its an old tune i thought i might try here.

https://soundcloud.com/unkle77-1/the-point-nye-countdown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Looking threw this thread is making me want to do a mix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

every friday or sat, whatever night i was there, would be handing my coat in upstairs and darren flynn would drop this.. took me about 2 years to get the name of it.. then about another year to get it on vinyl... how times have changed.

esit - didnt even see his post above, :) many happy memories... although, getting home at 7am and going to work at 9 for 2 years solid on a sat morning was never a good idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

carl cox.jim masters,green velvet in temple theatre...some night...as i said on another thread green velvets gear broke/or didnt arrive,so he done MC over carl cox set..or at least thats what my brain is telling me...he prob wasnt even there...lol..na im sure im right...great great night...was ultimate base night on tour...jim masters another class dj...also a set id love to get is greenvelvet at cream feilds,before he started his muck MC stuff over cdjs,he had his band there,2 keyboard players...he said at the end that they done and played all they know,so done a banging version of la la land..again could all be just my imagination...lol..but i think it happened...lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Kx5h9c7pI

Same set different venue - Green Velvet Live - Inner City

Velvet live with the band is some experience, laser glove and the Keytar :D Seen them twice but unfortunately he doesn't play like that anymore :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

es-cee wrote: »

i remember listening to this set i a friends house. We where literally in awe. there 3 of us, all 14 years old and we just couldnt comprehend what we where hearing. At the time the likes of "Two full moons and a trout", and other such trancey ****e was clogging up the airwaves, but this set was ground breaking.

a friend of my older brother was at the gig and he was back in my house that night and i had the recording from this set on "Cassette" :D. Even he said it to me. He was like. "what in ****s name was that Dave Clarke fella playing, it was just amazing.

Awesome set. And its aged well, unlike all that hard house crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I played the student nights in the Temple Theatre for about 3 years, different music policy but the place was rocking every Wen night. The manager left in the end and went to work in SIN in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

was more of a crypt man meself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Here's two mixes from Keno & Orbit that would have been typical in the Crypt/Temple around 2000 - 02.

I loved Hardhouse both the early years of 1994 - 1998 & the peak years from 99 - 2002, it all went down hill after 2002.

Keno & Orbit did alogt of hardhouse remixes of classic tunes around the same time like THK France, Recycled Pt.2, My House is Your House, Peppermint Lounge & Totem Vibes and a few others.

Mr.McLovin wrote: »

Shock Records what a great Hardhouse label. The Brain Bashers duo released a tonne pf great tunes between 1996 - 2002.

Here's a mix I did the other day inspired in part by this thread.

Crypt Temple Theatre Classics

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/y38RcCxy/file.html

Tracklist

1.Zini & Katini - Kick Ass
    2.Tuff Twins - Rockin Da House (Dirty Dolly Mix)
    3.The Pitcher - Dropshot (remix)
    4.South East players - Music (Ian m Mix)
    5.Anthony Atcherely - In My House (Knuckleheadz Mix)
    6.Klubbkrashers vs Banana Boyz - Rude & Naked
    7.Alter Ego - I Know
    8.Astra - I need It (BK & Dm Mix)
    9.Dan Madams - What Is It
    10.Dave Austin - Can't Feel My feet (Dave Austin pump Mix)
    11.Butch & Sundance - Feel The Rhythm
    12.Phatt B - And Da Drum Machine (BK Mix)
    13.Breakdown - Never Mind
    15.Banana Boyz - One more
    16.Aniki S - Bring Da Beat Back
    17.Anklebyters - Pump This Party
    18.Banana Boyz - Desire

Here the 2nd mix in my Crypt TT series. I was really happy with this one. I'll probably do a 3rd one to finish of the series.

All tunes from 1999

http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/hIepU0MO/file.html

Tracklist:

1. Silvio Ecomo - Uprising (Spacekids Mix)
    2. Rollercoaster - Come With Me
    3. FPI Project - Everybody (All Over The World) (DJ Jean Mix)
    4. Camisra - Let Me Show You (Jonsey Mix)
    5. Baby Blue - Too Loud
    6. Duram Duram - Girls On Film (Tall Paul Mix)
    7. Chopper - Jo & Lisa
    8. Slick Sluts - Pump That Bitch
    9. F1 - Alright (Jas Van Houten mix)
    10. BK - Tragic
    11. Connect 4 - Rock Ya Brain (Steve Austin Mix)
    12. Rachel Auburn - Madona (Mix 3)
    13. Speedo - Fat Beat
    14. BK & dBm - Let The Beat Go
    15. Cyberdrive - One, Two
    16. DJ Modelle & DJ Elvira - Slammin
    17. Astra - I need It (BK & dBm Mix)
    18. Travel Bulgarian (Jon The Dentist Mix

Any feedback welcome, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Here the 2nd mix in my Crypt TT series. I was really happy with this one. I'll probably do a 3rd one to finish of the series.

All tunes from 1999

http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/hIepU0MO/file.html

Tracklist:

1. Silvio Ecomo - Uprising (Spacekids Mix)
    2. Rollercoaster - Come With Me
    3. FPI Project - Everybody (All Over The World) (DJ Jean Mix)
    4. Camisra - Let Me Show You (Jonsey Mix)
    5. Baby Blue - Too Loud
    6. Duram Duram - Girls On Film (Tall Paul Mix)
    7. Chopper - Jo & Lisa
    8. Slick Sluts - Pump That Bitch
    9. F1 - Alright (Jas Van Houten mix)
    10. BK - Tragic
    11. Connect 4 - Rock Ya Brain (Steve Austin Mix)
    12. Rachel Auburn - Madona (Mix 3)
    13. Speedo - Fat Beat
    14. BK & dBm - Let The Beat Go
    15. Cyberdrive - One, Two
    16. DJ Modelle & DJ Elvira - Slammin
    17. Astra - I need It (BK & dBm Mix)
    18. Travel Bulgarian (Jon The Dentist Mix

Any feedback welcome, thanks.

this is coming up as "unsafe download" for me unfortunately.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I have no idea how embeden the player lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

right i have it sorted and downloading

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

right i have it sorted and downloading

Sound man. Any feedback welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Never realized how bad some of the mixing was back then till you go back through some of the recordings awful awful stuff.

The Doves were strong.

Advertisement