Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wish To appeal my perm Ban

Options
  • 14-03-2013 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

I wish to appeal this ban from animals and pet issues its so unfair:( i was banned for 1 week previous to this but don't why i got a perma ban please help me if you can preferably someone not connected with animals and pet issues because i wont get a fair trial so to say:(

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello Ross. Myself or one of my colleagues will be along shortly to look into this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Thanks so much i will admit i do get a bit heated but nothing the warrants a boards ban as you can see from my past posts i am not a troll and like to think i give good advice to users regarding canada. i cant really see why it warrants a ban now especially a perma ban i wrote 2 comments on animal and pet issues today and one was regarding the subject of docking and it was all good and true advice i even reported the original post but yet i am the getting a ban and a perma ban at that i have no problem with a ban if its deserved but its not i wish to have one final chance as i do like animals and pet issues forum. thanks in advance Ross.

Hello JustRoss.

I've looked into this and had a word with the moderators involved.

As a result of this I've gained a little insight into this most recent ban.
    One important point to note before we continue is this:

It appears you were contacted after your last ban with a very specific warning.

When you return you treat posters and mods with respect. The low level making a nuisance of yourself stops or you will be permanently removed from the forum.Take this as a final warning, no if's or buts.

That kind of warning is not made lightly.

You appear to be unaware that your posting history is problematic. So I'm just clarifying for you now that your original ban did not happen in a bubble. You were posting in a way which created problems on the forum. Hence the above warning was given.

So. You returned to posting in A&PI yesterday.
    1 reported post antagonising moderators needlessly.

2 incidents of back seat moderating.

You bumped a thread in which you were banned and quoted the ban message simply to say that you were back.

From there you took a snipe at a moderator again.

A little bit of needless sarcasm and some rolleyeing thrown in for good measure.

This is over the course of a day. 1 day after your ban is lifted. 1 day after the ban in which you were told, if you continue to mess around in A&PI you will get a permanent ban.
    Ban lifted on the 13th. You're posting again. Banned and DRP again on the 14th.

From reading your posts it genuinely appears this warning you were given was ignored. As a result of this I am not inclined to lift this ban.

First of all dude thanks for looking into this for me it is appreciated.

Respectfully I don't agree with you that i deserve a perma ban at all that is quite unfair i do agree i deserved the week ban previous to this when i think about it now i just got caught up in defending myself if you look at posts directed to me with sly back comments and me being called a troll you would do the same and why was no one else on the the forum banned. i feel that the long time posters get away with a lot more which is quite unfair and some of the mods only see one side like take the issue of the dog biting indecent read that thread and see the way the mod talked to me that's surely a no no.

when you put it there in black and white it does sound bad but why can there be a set of rules for a mod and different one for me i seen people post names and they have been told off and some even got an infraction a mod posted a name of a person and i asked the question
    'Dont think your allowed mention names? just because your a mod don't think your exempt from that rule' i no its back seat moding and that's a no no but when a mod posts it am i not allowed ask why they are allowed and i am not? like there cant be 2 sets of rules surely? i will admit the comment where i wrote i am back was not my best moment but it said was JustRoss banned for trolling which really annoyed me so i just wanted to clear the air and say i am back. i generally didn't mean for the comments to come across like that. and as for the issue of docking i reported that yesterday which i think is fair enough as its a silly topic as it is still legal in Ireland for pups up to 3 days old and as someone who is shooting a couple of times a week with a mixture of gun dogs i feel i have the right to comment on it and also we had quite a good debate on this a few weeks ago.plus someone that walks a family dog has no right to talk about an issue they appear to no nothing about. i think i have best tried to explain myself as best i can and thanks again for taking your time to look into this for me.Ross.:)

Hello,

While I can understand your frustration here, I think you have to understand that the manner of your posting in animals and pet issues was causing a lot of problems for moderators and posters.

Needless antagonism ruins threads. To be fair you were warned about this and that a permanent ban was incoming. The behaviour began again as soon as your ban was lifted.

As it stands I cannot see a point where the quality of your posting will suit the forum so unfortunately I have to conclude that the animals and pet issues forum is currently better off without your input.

Please feel free to appeal to an administrator as per dispute resolution procedures.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the taking your time to review this case i will just have to view animals and pet issues when not signed in i guess thanks again Ross.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement