Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wick n Wire preferences

Options
  • 14-03-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Being fairly new to making coils (working properly) and dripping, I am wondering what preference others have regarding amount of wick strands and coil turns, and difference between wick widths.

Most videos on YouTube I have seen use 3 strands and 5 turns of wire and that is what I have been doing up till now and coming out around 1.7 to 2 ohms. So today I used 4 strands (1mm) and 5 turns (1.5 Kanthal) coming out at 2.2 ohms set at 5.2 volts and best vape so far compared to 3 strands

What I am wondering is would 2 strands of 2mm wick do the same job as 4 strands of 1mm, or 1 strand of 3mm be as good as 3 strands of 1mm, there must be a reason I’m not aware of why 3 strands of 1mm is used instead 1 strand of 3mm.

I await enlightenment is any takers.

Advertisement