Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this worth €45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

Definitely NOT worth it. Thats 45 euro for a one gallon batch, roughly four litres or 8 bottles of 500ml each(i know the site says ten but thats US gallon measurements).

That glass demijohn is 7.50euro here, the yeast 4euro,thats cheap ass syphon abut 12 euro, water is free.so for 30 euro you could have the whole lot grains and all bought here yourself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joctcl

if you are going to get into brewing your own beer longer term consider one of the packages from the either of the 2 homebrew companies in the market, if you just want to stick a toe in the water and and get a feel from homebrewing , will then go for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ah no, I've been brewing out of kits for over 2 years, and was hoping to break out into extract/grain brewing this year some stage, enter some competitions.

I thought this may be a step into that, but at only 8 or so pints, I won't be bothering.

definately dont bother there are extract kits in HBC for 20? and full grain kits for 25.

Nah, I wont.

I can't even see who that is aimed at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Ah no, I've been brewing out of kits for over 2 years, and was hoping to break out into extract/grain brewing this year some stage, enter some competitions.

I thought this may be a step into that, but at only 8 or so pints, I won't be bothering.

Well for extract brewing all you need is a decent stock pot that you can heat well (able to get a rolling boil at your target volume).

I phased myself into all grain via brew in the bag techniques, using more grain and less extract until I go the hang of it. The startup costs are very small.

But I wouldn't be messing with poky little kits like the one in that link.

Yep, I know, which is why I cannot see the appeal of that kit at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I can't even see who that is aimed at.
    People who need to buy presents for men but can't think what to get.

I got given one of these, the grapefruit and honey one (grapefruit and honey not included :rolleyes:). The beer actually turned out incredibly well, but it was four or five hours of work for about 4L of beer, so really not worth it.

I would also suggest because of the smaller batch size from a uniformity of fermentation and flavour it's never going to offer what 25l does

Advertisement