Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad !!!!!, car scraped as I was in shopping

• 14-03-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Went into to get some things for dinner and when I came out a durty scrape on my wheel arch, no car beside me when I pulled in and none there when I came out, small reminents of white paint on the scrapes, no witness, no cameras, :mad:

It's about 2 inches long and pretty deep, tried the usual methods but its still there, any ideas how much it would cost to get painted somewhere local

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Might not be too bad, try Slater down in Thomondgate, just down from Bowles Bar, he done a job for me a couple of years ago, missus seriously gouged the side of her car, he fixed it & sprayed nearly the whole side of the car for €250, worth calling in to him, he will give you a price there & then

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Cheers will give him a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

ned daly in cappamore is brill he done a great job for a reasonable price last year when some fella ran into me

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

This happened me twice in the same week, both times in Tesco Roxboro, one ding in the front and one in the back. Luckily both women took full responsibility and paid for the repairs

I went to Scratch It Match It on Upper Gerald Griffin St. and was very happy with the job he did, damage was only minor though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nor40

something similar happened to our car last week but It was a shopping trolley scrape fecking disgused people should be more careful when driving their trolleys and learn how to steer them in the right direction if they cant do so they shouldn't do their shopping alone and get someone to help them out as the paint work repair is going to cost a lot of money on us now thanks to that stupid person who done damage to our car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Did they steal all your punctuation marks, too? :pac:

peckerhead wrote: »
    Did they steal all your punctuation marks, too? :pac:

Sorry for not using the queens English, I do apologise, but to be fair I had other thing's on my mind, I have taken note of your advice and will abide by the good grammar code of conduct from here on in.

Just in case : /:;().,?!',[]{}#%^*+=_\|~<>£$¥.,?!', , if I fail to use correct punctuation in future please use one of he above.

Frank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Sorry for not using the queens English, I do apologise, but to be fair I had other thing's on my mind, I have taken note of your advice and will abide by the good grammar code of conduct from here on in.

Just in case : /:;().,?!',[]{}#%^*+=_\|~<>£$¥.,?!', , if I fail to use correct punctuation in future please use one of he above.

Frank

You do realise the comment you quoted in your reply was directed at a different user?

banie01 wrote: »
    You do realise the comment you quoted in your reply was directed at a different user?

I do now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 oz2013

Hi Frank, sorry to hear about your ordeal.

Depending on the year of the car and your mass in it, I would consider taking it to a more reputable establishment like JCR or Limerick Auto Crash in Eastway. I have had work done in both places and was extremely satisfied. They even touched up other areas for me aswell at no extra cost.

By the way, a bad repair could end up costing you more on the resale value!! Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Forde brothers just up from St Mary's church, it's up a small back road and doesn't look much from the outside but they are some of the best around. Think he does a lot of the Nissan/BMW work for the main dealers too. Used him plenty of times over the years and his work is always flawless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Feeder wrote: »
    This happened me twice in the same week, both times in Tesco Roxboro, one ding in the front and one in the back. Luckily both women took full responsibility and paid for the repairs

I went to Scratch It Match It on Upper Gerald Griffin St. and was very happy with the job he did, damage was only minor though !!

Same spot for me but no one around to take the blame :(

Advertisement