Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky player very slow?

Options
  • 14-03-2013 9:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else noticed that sky is very slow on the Xbox sky player? I can stream live stuff on sky no problem but watching stuff on demand is a disaster. My Internet is fine, an all other video aps are fine too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Happens to me sometimes too and I know it is not the connection, the on demand stuff will play for a minute and then buffer then go for a minute and buffer again.

Has to be a sky problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I have up on Sky through Xbox because of this. Always happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Happening to me this evening. Buffers for a min, plays for a min. Wired connection, 60mb broadband. No idea why this is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

People in the other thread were complaining about the youtube app also, do you guys have trouble with that too or is it just sky?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

calex71 wrote: »
    People in the other thread were complaining about the youtube app also, do you guys have trouble with that too or is it just sky?

No, Youtube is perfectly fine.

I figured out that this problem is only affecting the ads before and during the program, and not the program itself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

calex71 wrote: »

Yep I am one of them, all other apps work fine. Last fm, netflix etc all 100% fine.

The sky problem (for me) is there will be times where you can select an on demand item to watch and it will buffer literally every minute, even if you have not used the net for the entire day! I would understand if I had downloaded 100GB prior to that and my connection was throttled, but have done speed tests while the sky was on and had a solid 30meg per second download speed.

I have noticed there are times when it is a specific item, a certain episode of The Wire on Atlantic threw up the problem. Say episode 1 played fine, episode 2 did the buffering thing to the point of me throwing a boot at the telly, played episode 3 it played fine and back to ep 2 with the same problem happening again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

I'm running a 60MB fibre optic connection and Sky is deathly slow to load initally. I tried to watch Revolution last night. It took about 5 minutes to buffer after I clicked "Play". Once I was in it ran 100% fine.

Sky is definitly the issue.

EDIT: I ran youtube for an hour solid last night as well, no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dots104

This to me is very strange. Live TV loads and works fine while if i try to play any or even click on demand stuff it buffers for ages. I don't even have the patience to wait to see if it actually loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

having same problems
    can watch live no problem
    most if not all on demand stuff i click on takes ages buffering, cant even get into some programs im waiting to watch
    wdf is up with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

It used to work perfectly for me, now all I get is a black screen, I can hear the sound of the program in the background and a white circle in the middle of the screen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement