Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I just buy a modem?

• 14-03-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

This is probably a very silly question but I'm useless when it comes to this stuff - sorry!:o

I've just moved into a new apartment and set up a phone line and broadband with Vodafone. Got a text to say that the broadband has been set up but I am still waiting for the modem (I hear there's a huge backlog)

I need internet for work and at the minute I have to go to my parents every evening to use theirs. So what I'm wondering is can I just buy a modem, plug it into my phone socket and start using the broadband? If so where could I get one?(don't want to spend a fortune because Vodafone one should be arriving in the next few weeks)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

where are you, and bear in mind that VF router is pants, i have one i can give to you for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes you can OP. Then you just need to get the settings and input them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

Thanks a million for the replies,

I went on adverts.ie last night and bought a used eircom modem and I'm up and running now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

good stuff glad your sorted and thanks for getting back. thats better than the VF one.

Advertisement