Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should i buy a couch on littlewoods

Options
  • 14-03-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying a couch for 600 with a 25% discount code on littlewoods, they were a bit shady about the return of this item if say i sat on it and it was as comfortable as a box of nails. The rep i spoke to told me it would be a much longer turnaround to get money back etc.

question is the couch looks great.. better than anywhere ive seen but i've just seen it online.. what are peoples experiences with them for items such as this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭whippet

advice? Go to a furniture shop, pick a couch you like, sit on it .. do deal with shop .. don't buy a couch on line; probably on finance too if it's littlewoods and the apparent 25% discount would be eaten on credit charges

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i never understand why anyone buys furniture on argos or littlewoods, especially couches because it never looks the same in reality. Also with littlewoods, the expensive credit price is included and also you do get what you pay for with furniture........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would never buy a couch online to be honest. I like to be able to see and examine an item like that before I purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

I bought two leather sofas from Littlewoods seven years ago - still as good as the day we accepted delivery.

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Just a couple of points. Although I wouldn't buy from littlewoods as I have found them rather expensive on a wide range of items, I have bought from a similar retailer.

I bought a cheap couch for my study 8 years ago from Argos. The study became a nursery / bedroom 5 years ago and the couch stayed. It is only now starting to look slightly worn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

bonkers wrote: »

looks a nice couch.

Will be hard to find one similar elsewhere, so if this is the one you want go for it. You'll only regret it.

Advertisement