Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ASG L96 Camo

• 14-03-2013 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

hi all just want to get a few opinions on a camo job i recently did on my l96:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Looks pretty good!

You should fire a PM off to BrenAK47 - he does a bit of painting as well, so ye'd probably be able to exchange tips & tricks etc.

The only thing I could suggest is a little more micro-pattern, as it is predominantly large...so I'd just mix it up a bit more. Far better than I could do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

Inari wrote: »
    Looks pretty good!

You should fire a PM off to BrenAK47 - he does a bit of painting as well, so ye'd probably be able to exchange tips & tricks etc.

The only thing I could suggest is a little more micro-pattern, as it is predominantly large...so I'd just mix it up a bit more. Far better than I could do!
    Thanks, yeah i must do that, would come in handy for the future, i thought that keeping it large would suit the irish greenery better but i will add smaller bits here and there, and thanks for the tips:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

nice job man i'd tell u to have a look at my album if it wasn't deleted on me have a look in the thread for photos and no discussion and on the last page u'll see my sr and 1911

brenak47 wrote: »
    nice job man i'd tell u to have a look at my album if it wasn't deleted on me have a look in the thread for photos and no discussion and on the last page u'll see my sr and 1911

thanks, was my first attempt, didnt like the colour of the gun in black and i was bored so just decided to spray it:P yeah ill have a look now

ye same as myself i had to do change it from the black

• Advertisement

the black doesnt suit the gun, its too big of a gun to just be black, i saw your gun and looks really good, but why didnt you spray the barrel or receiver?

one ran out of paint and wouldn't paint reciever case it caused it to jam or that going to do the barrel in od

i thought of that too bu i just stuffed the receiver with tissue and masked everything off, came out quite well, just i didnt shake the cans enough and the paint is dry but feels sticky, so i need to clear coat it all now

oh right did u build up the first coat allowing it to dry in between coats or was it cold when u painted or u might of put 2 much paint on the one spot and i'd use either matt or satin laquer to finish it clear will be 2 shiny.i have 6 coats of od on the gun before i lightly hazed in the rest of the design and the used a satin finished about 3 coats fully drying in between i have a heater set up in my shed its the only way to paint this time of the year

i gave it a coat of enamel OD first, when that fully dried i lightly sprayed on the enamel brown over the leaves i was using, i left that to dry for about 2 days on the fire gaurd before using the gun and when i gripped it it felt sticky:/, yeah i still have too get the laquer so i will try get a matt one

• Advertisement

its the enamel paint you should use either the krylon camo in mia or acrylic paint from marks models

its called rust-oleum that i was using

never heard of it myself but sound like its more for cars/metal

its supposed to be one of the best spray paints going, the link is too the paint your supposed to use for camo, but i used enamel
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsxZO1lfX_Ak8x8A0yT6cHnLnZJzsb4tW0jijzivCfV0nydRfw

all paints differ even if there all aerosol and enamel is for metal/glass it a paint i don't use the best paint i've used is krylon it expensive but goes a long way cause the coverage is brilliant and dry in 20 mins or less

well this says it works on most surfaces, and i got decent coverage out of it, but did take a while to dry because my room was cold

ye if the cold gets under the paint it a headache i warm the paint and what im painting especially in this weather

i used a heat gun to try heat up the steel and plastic on the gun first but dont think it worked too well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I always heated up the aerosol can by putting it in a small bowl of boiling water. Giving the can a good shake and back in the hot water again.
    Dry the can of before using. The paint thins out and covers much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

brenak47 wrote: »
    its the enamel paint you should use either the krylon camo in mia or acrylic paint from marks models

the paint seairsoft is very good too and comes in about 20 colours. i use the stuff from time to time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement