Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter Hovering Cloonthue Tuam

Options
  • 15-03-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey,
    Does anyone have any idea why a helicopter would have been hovering up around Cloonthue area this evening at about 5.30..... Only asking because my girls were up at riding lessons and some of the ponys could have been spooked. Helicopter hovered for 5 mins approx and was quite low. Dark Blue with what looked like a camera or spotlight attached to front. Couldn't see what it's ID markings were....Gardai possibly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

This helicoptor was doing power line inspection / surveys....... its a regular exercise; every few weeks or so and notice of it does be posted in the national and regional papers..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DecQ

Thanks Islanderre....Though I was hoping the explanation might have been more exciting like a Diesel Laundering or Grow House bust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ah sure !

They were taking pictures of that swimming pool you built at the back of your house on behalf of the revenue , start saving for the house tax :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

How do you think the Guards with 1 Dublin based helicopters find those illegal growhouses in rural areas who bypass the meter as standard....in the first place. ????

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

The helicopter doing powerline inspections was down around us last week and it was dark green.The garda one is after passing over us here tonight crawling.I'd expect a canabis raid in the not to distant future.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement