Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best one?

• 15-03-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I spent the last couple of hours reading through all the threads and recommendations on this forum.... And I'm more confused than ever :o

I'm blonde, pale complexion, very dry skin and quite freckly and was hoping someone could recommend their favourite:

Primer ?
    Pore minimiser?
    Corrector?
    Concealer?
    Foundation brush? (I'm also trawling through YouTube!!)
    Fake lashes (most natural ones)

I have loads of eye shadows etc and lipsticks but its the basics I'm confused about! Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

I'd say you'll get a ton of different answers on here, so you might only end up even more confused! I think most people find their favourites through a trial and error process and what may work really well for one person won't necessarily mean it'll work well for the next, ya know?

But I've very similar colouring to you (blonde, fair skin) so I'll try be of help! :)

Primer - I've heard great things about the high-end range of primers (Smash Box Photo Finish, Laura Mercier, for example) but I've never actually bothered spending the money on them myself. At the moment I'm just using a little tub from Rimmel or L'Oreal and it does me fine. I really only use primer across my forehead, but I could take it or leave it.

Pore minimiser - I don't use this either.

Corrector/Concealer - I really like Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer, it glides on really nicely. If you're based near a Brown Thomas go in and ask for a sample. Tell them you have dry skin and you want to find a concealer that works well for you, they'll be happy to apply some on you in the store. You can wear it for the day, see if by night time it's lasted and you're still happy with it, then decide on making a purchase. Those kind of cosmetics are pricey, you want to make sure its worthwhile and doesn't dry your skin further so never be afraid of asking for a sample!

Foundation brush - MAC 187, personally.

Fake lashes - I like my lashes dramatic so I bypass the natural ones usually. But there's loads of them in Boots! Eylure Naturalites come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rainshine

I have the exact same colouring and skin type as you OP! I have a few favourites and tend to change it up depending on how dry my face is. Shoos is right though, it really is a case of trial and error to find what will suit you.

Primer: Smashbox photo finish primer or Mac prep & prime.
    Pore minimiser: don't use one but think the primers do a good job of hiding my pores.
    Corrector: don't use one.
    Concealer: Collection 2000 lasting perfection or Mac studio finish.
    Foundation brush: ELF studio stipple brush (for lighter foundations) or Sephora mineral powder brush (which is really good with liquid foundations too). Although these days, I'm using my fingers. I think the warmth is helping it sit better on my face.
    Fake lashes: Eyelure Girls Aloud, the Kimberley ones.

Advertisement