Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baa Fights!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Okay it looks like I might actually be able to make this.
    Probably my swansong to SFIV.

I haven't picked up a stick in about 2 years so I'm even more rubbish than I was at my "prime"

GGPO ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

A-Trak wrote: »
    Okay it looks like I might actually be able to make this.
    Probably my swansong to SFIV.

I haven't picked up a stick in about 2 years so I'm even more rubbish than I was at my "prime"

GGPO ;)

Probably a good time to get back into it, they've just announced a balance pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Well, I'm even more out of practice than usual (actually, genuinely just finished week 4 of chemotherapy, with 2 more to go; it's just preventative. I lost a bollock but I'm cancer-free as far as anyone knows; 60% chance of recurrence without the chemo, 5% with, so no-brainer).

Upside; plenty of free time for the recovery and I'm free to make it down to this. I'd love to get some casuals in and that but I'm not really up to scratch at any game right now... however, if anyone would like to play in either a game picked blind, unknown to both of us, by a third party (some obscure mystery thing, presumably), or if someone just wants to play me in anything; ANY game, and I have to learn it and get good enough by the 12th, I'd be up for that. I will definitely be up for casuals and boozing, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Kanped wrote: »
    Well, I'm even more out of practice than usual (actually, genuinely just finished week 4 of chemotherapy, with 2 more to go; it's just preventative. I lost a bollock but I'm cancer-free as far as anyone knows; 60% chance of recurrence without the chemo, 5% with, so no-brainer).

Upside; plenty of free time for the recovery and I'm free to make it down to this. I'd love to get some casuals in and that but I'm not really up to scratch at any game right now... however, if anyone would like to play in either a game picked blind, unknown to both of us, by a third party (some obscure mystery thing, presumably), or if someone just wants to play me in anything; ANY game, and I have to learn it and get good enough by the 12th, I'd be up for that. I will definitely be up for casuals and boozing, anyway.

Congrats on the succesful chemo, hopefully that **** stays away for good. I could play you a bit depending on what console you play on, I'm new and relatively useless at AE, I also have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in Marvel so that's another option. You could get some nice free wins out of it :P

I'm playing almost exclusively on PC now. I have a 360 and a PS3 but I haven't turned on either of them in months. Master race, yo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Master race, yo.

Ah, I play on a Plebstation, but I'll totally catch you at some casuals sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I'm still busy as heck, but I'm hoping to make this event after all. Fingers crossed I get the report dusted off before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

No idea who you are, but fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

If I can get the day off work I might pop up for this! \o/ tumblr_inline_mgv1q0thfP1rbw4b5.jpg

If we're short on promotional FT5s still, then screw it, let me help out.

I'm calling out anyone for UMvC3; the loser has to buy the winner an easter egg costing under 10 euro. Which one of you is man enough!?

• Advertisement

Nevflinn wrote: »

I'm calling out anyone for UMvC3; the loser has to buy the winner an easter egg costing under 10 euro. Which one of you is man enough!?

I'm still up for taking any challenge. UMVC3 would be my least favourite choice since I have to get my Xbox hooked up to practice but if nobody wants to challenge me to try to get competent in any other game, I'll play. (I played UMVC3 for maybe a week when it was new, and I wasn't very good).

You can probably get a better taker, though.

A battle for an Easter Egg?! Well I'm fat enough but I wouldn't mind moving the bet too a Pint :P

Valormeer wrote: »
    A battle for an Easter Egg?! Well I'm fat enough but I wouldn't mind moving the bet too a Pint :P
    Pints are just as bad for your weight, you sod! Get into the holiday spirit!

Kanped, thanks for the offer; I'll take you up on it if no one from the Marvel crowd is interested. Like Dark Onion. Or Lee. Or Nutrient.

Or anyone who likes chocolate.

Screw the Holiday Spirit, Easter Bunny is gonna get bodied. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

C0unter, calling you out man, let's go.

south-park-1511-broadway-bro-down-clip11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

OHHHH ITS ONNNNN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Raawron wrote: »

south-park-1511-broadway-bro-down-clip11.jpg

Toms playin' D&D atm
    Duck&Dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Raawron wrote: »
    More like
    tumblr_m35q4zdgSW1qhmfkuo1_500.gif

Sorry to dissapoint everyone but i wont be able to make it to any tourney int April.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

**** this game <ragequit>

31724346.png

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Where is he? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

Baa Fights: Everyone vs Ladno edition

• Advertisement

I'm calling out anyone for UMvC3; the loser has to buy the winner an easter egg costing anything under 10 euro. Which one of you is man enough!?

Must I start throwing out names for this? Lythero, this pub just isn't big enough for two low-tier heroes. What say you!

I-challenge-you-to-a-duel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll take on anyone in mahvel.. even with my secondary team!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Gais please... one match per player. This is serious business.
    Lee is fighting onion.

Officialy we are planning four main matches with a pint on the line. The matches with most hype / salt will be chosen.
    So far we got lee onion. And fergus ladno.

Also all plans could very well go out the window so eh... yeah.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Gais please... one match per player. This is serious business.
    Lee is fighting onion.

Officialy we are planning four main matches with a pint on the line. The matches with most hype / salt will be chosen.
    So far we got lee onion. And fergus ladno.

Really? Whups, I didn't know. My bad!
    DarkTalant wrote: »
    I'll take on anyone in mahvel.. even with my secondary team!

Challenge accepted. I'll have you know I like eggs with Twirl bars the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Me vs DeadeyeDave.

Gonna wipe that grin off his stupid character's face...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, just to clarify... the way a bar fights works isn't that random people challenge each other, there's a couple of organisers working to get matches which we feel will either be interesting or funny or whatever going.

That being said- I'm waiting for the woolshed to double confirm but there will be other consoles there on the night. You can have your own fights, and if we've run short we might throw one on the stream!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Just-Say-No-Postcards-Anti-Fun-Brigade.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Also I need to save some fights for the next one- I'm hoping this will be semi regular.

Also, FU AJ :D

Any ideas on times and stuff for this? Earlier I can book train tickets, maybe a hostel rather than having to rush back that night, the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Any ideas on times and stuff for this? Earlier I can book train tickets, maybe a hostel rather than having to rush back that night, the better.

We get the venue from 6pm onward for definate til 1am. It won't start before seven anyway.

Advertisement