Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baa Fights!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I can't see it starting till 8.30 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay the night nearby? I'd pay extra for a private room rather than a hostel but I'll take what's going at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Kanped wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay the night nearby? I'd pay extra for a private room rather than a hostel but I'll take what's going at a good price.

Cheapest hotel in the area I could find was his one
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/the-gate.en-gb.html?aid=356998;label=gog235jc-district-en-ie-dublin_parnellNsquare-unspec-ie-com;sid=cc67d1bc02b986191fcc2e451b4d6476;dcid=1;checkin=2013-04-12;checkout=2013-04-13;srfid=96ad1933c46643f0a734c5865cbc543f960def27X21

After that its hostels I'd say unless you wanna pay more

Cheers, AJ. Couldn't find a better hotel but I did manage to get a private room in a hostel on Aungier Street for £25. Now I can have a bit of craic this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I don't know if it has even been decided yet but what is the deal with the stream?

I more than likely can't make it so I intend to be stream monstering it up instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Counting on you to troll everyone, Bento.

As far as I know (and I don't know much), Doom's still waiting on the bar to confirm that streaming is possible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

Might Travel up from Cork for this one! Sounds like a Hype night

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Nevflinn and Valormeer. That's pretty cool that you're coming from Cork.
    If you like you can have matches? No point coming all this way and not getting a match.

Nevflinn darktalant is going down.
    Aaron is looking for a match since Tom cant make it. Valormeer you wanna take on Aaron?

If you guys can confirm that you can make it asap so we can get to work on trailers that would be great.

That would be all five matches sorted for the night.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    If you like you can have matches? No point coming all this way and not getting a match.

Aaron is looking for a match since Tom cant make it. Valormeer you wanna take on Aaron?

If you guys can confirm that you can make it asap so we can get to work on trailers that would be great.

I need to apply for time off work I'll be back in touch very soon. I'm good with Mahvel or Street Fighter.
    I might have not seen it but are these 5 matches gonna be streamed? :D

• Advertisement

Valormeer wrote: »
    I need to apply for time off work I'll be back in touch very soon. I'm good with Mahvel or Street Fighter.
    I might have not seen it but are these 5 matches gonna be streamed? :D

We gotta test the internet there. If its good we will stream. If no we will record and upload all matches.

Cool you vs aaron in marvel it is once u can confirm.

Sorry to be a bother but All game's will on Xbox? Or is there a chance that Perhaps my match could be on PS3? I don't mind either way but would pref it on Ps3

Valormeer wrote: »
    Sorry to be a bother but All game's will on Xbox? Or is there a chance that Perhaps my match could be on PS3? I don't mind either way but would pref it on Ps3

It will all be on xbox. Why do u want it on ps3? Do u play on pad?

If u dont have a converter you might be able to borrow one on the day.

It will all be on xbox. Why do u want it on ps3? Do u play on pad?

If u dont have a converter you might be able to borrow one on the day.

Yeah I play on Pad I'll just bring both along with me and if there is a converter I'll grab it. If Not the Pad will Work. Ok I got confirmed so slap my name down. I'll have the day off o/ Lookin forward too it.

Val

Just to confirm- there's exactly zero chance of me swapping consoles in the middle of the night, otherwise I'd be having an mk match too. It's simply too much work while I'm also trying to keep the stream going.

No worries, I don't mind playing on the Xbox pad tbh but I'll bring my other pad along just in-case someone has a converter handy

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Just a heads-up, give me a few days to try and sort out my schedule. I've got exam month to do, and that needs serious dedication (hoping for a 2H1). I'm planning to study on the bus up and back as it is, but at first I was silly enough to think this was something I could catch a late bus home from like before. If I need to stay the night and arrive home in the afternoon, that might be a complication. I'm still hoping to come, but...watch this space?

Valormeer, I have a converter I can lend you. I haven't noticed any lag so far, but we have the whole of Tempest to test it. If you promise to take good care of it, I'll give it to you on Saturday!

Nevflinn wrote: »
    Just a heads-up, give me a few days to try and sort out my schedule. I've got exam month to do, and that needs serious dedication (hoping for a 2H1). I'm planning to study on the bus up and back as it is, but at first I was silly enough to think this was something I could catch a late bus home from like before. If I need to stay the night and arrive home in the afternoon, that might be a complication. I'm still hoping to come, but...watch this space?

Valormeer, I have a converter I can lend you. I haven't noticed any lag so far, but we have the whole of Tempest to test it. If you promise to take good care of it, I'll give it to you on Saturday!

Mah Bro! That would be deadly, It's a Converter that lets you use a Ps3 or 2 Pad? It might be the one I used that one time at tempest?

Following information has been confirmed:

1.6 MB up ethernet stream capabilites.

There'll be 2 xbox and 2 PS3's there on the night. Bring whatever game you'd like to play (FG, obviously), so you don't have to spend all night watching the matches.

Of course if you want to watch and generate hype- I'm all good for that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Pretty handy this, I'm off college around the corner from the place. Be there a starting time or just show up, drink beer and start some real street fighting? :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Just to confirm- there's exactly zero chance of me swapping consoles in the middle of the night, otherwise I'd be having an mk match too. It's simply too much work while I'm also trying to keep the stream going.

Why not just play MK on Xbox 360?

I have a copy

Also, Would like to have an Injustice match with somebody for the craic if thats cool

Lex vs Lex is biblical

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That trailer is unreal.

Oh my god I'm dying.

Best trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

This is ****ing amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

best trailer ive ever seen im not even kidding....

That Trailer was mad hype \o/

Nutrient wrote: »
    Why not just play MK on Xbox 360?
    Also, Would like to have an Injustice match with somebody for the craic if thats cool
    l

Haven't bothered getting the demo yet but I'd be up for a few games of whatever's going, anyway.

Is there any point in me bringing copies of SF4 / Marvel / SFxT? I've only got them for 360 and presumably there will be copies of all of those kicking around?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Kanped wrote: »
    Haven't bothered getting the demo yet but I'd be up for a few games of whatever's going, anyway.

Is there any point in me bringing copies of SF4 / Marvel / SFxT? I've only got them for 360 and presumably there will be copies of all of those kicking around?

Never any harm in bringing them anyway, just in case. Make sure your name is on them though!

• Advertisement

If you guy's want I can bring along Mahvel for Ps3 as well

Advertisement