Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed!!

Options
  • 15-03-2013 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Right so I've found myself in a bit of a predicament here in Oz. For the last 5 and a half months or so I'd been working for a plant hire company in Sydney, driving dumper mostly with the occasional go in an excavator. My boss was meant to be going sponsoring me and put me in touch with his solicitor to pass on whatever details were needed for his end of the application. This was about 6 weeks ago.

Since then I've had no updates on his progress with his end of the application apart from the occasional "We're looking after it". With the end of my WHV rapidly approaching I was starting to get worried and tried to make contact again to see if he was going to have his end completed in time to be submitted before my WHV expired. For the last 2 weeks I've been ringing, texting and emailing him to no avail, I have not been able to get in contact with him at all. I explained the situation to my supervisor on site and he said he'd try and get onto him about it. The supervisor got back to me a few days ago informing me that the boss told him he wasnt going to go ahead with the application.

This has left me in a pretty shit situation. My WHV has expired and immigration have put me on a bridging visa E until Thursday with a view to getting an application submitted. I went to see an immigration lawyer and explained my story to her and she said that a sponsorship visa would be my only option for staying on (I have a University degree but have no experience so she reckoned I didnt have much chance of getting a residency visa). So basically I have only a few days to find a company to hire and sponsor me, not exactly an easy task!! I have absolutely no idea how to proceed now and was wondering if any one on here had maybe been in a similar situation or had any advice for me.

Just some additional info. My background would be in tractors and plant hire type work. I have a degree in Construction Management but no experience in that field. The boss was very interested when I originally told him that I had the degree, saying that he could use me in the office. But somewhere along the way I guess he changed his mind but neglected to inform me and now my options are very few and time is once again running out.

Apologies for the long winded post but if anyone has any advice it'd be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Sorry to hear about your situation there mate, there was a add up on donedeal ages ago looking for plant operators in Australia with the option of sponsorship, it was for a company in Kilkenny.
    You might find the add and contact the company, they might know someone out west who is stuck, don't have time to look myself as I'm late for work. Hope it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JohnDeere6920s

Thanks for the reply man. I'll have a look around and see if i can find that ad you were on about. I know that posting on here is a shot in the dark but its such an incredibly frustrating position to be in that any outside opinions are highly appreciated.

Hey mate, I'm pretty sure this is the same company that had the add running for Plant Operators a while ago, you might need to call the mobile number being Paddies weekend, being a business and all they are there to make money so keep that in mind if the chat is not going the way you want. ;)

"Quality Global Personnel are delighted to announce that we have secured the rights to issue Australian recognised construction equipment tickets certifed by our partners in Australia

These are compulsory to enter any site in Australia - The courses vary form 2/3 days and are split between machinery operating to theory in a class room environment.

Increase your chances of getting work immediately in Australia when you land - you will still have to do it when you get to Australia which could take depending on location a number of weeks.

Also we can issue white cards ( equivilent to our safe pass ) again essential to enter any site in Austrlalia

◦Excavator

◦Wheel loader

Book now your place as numbers are limited.

Quality Global Personnel

kilkenny

office +353 56 7801222

Mobile NIALL + 353 86 2143451"

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/plantmachinery/3987469

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

NZ is another option.

why didn't you get your second year sorted with some regional work?

• Advertisement

lg123 wrote: »
    NZ is another option.

why didn't you get your second year sorted with some regional work?

I had regional work lined up. I was going to go driving a windrower for a contractor working down through NSW and Victoria during harvest season but when I said to the boss that I was going to be leaving to do that he said that he would sponsor me so I stayed put. Easy to look back now and say that I should have just gone and done it but hindsight is always 20/20 ;)

Global Quality Personnels website appears to have been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Itoa

You can try and apply for PR, once the application is sent in you are put onto a Bridging visa (Bridging B Visa I think). You will buy yourself a couple of months while the application is being assessed, you just have to send the application in to get the Bridging visa all the supporting documents can be sent after. It wont be cheap though! How did you find your immigration lawyer? Sounds like they arent much good

If thursday is your deadline, I would not be wasting time with emails at all, at all.
    Have you tried the Mobile number by any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The Aussie wrote: »
    Hey mate, I'm pretty sure this is the same company that had the add running for Plant Operators a while ago, you might need to call the mobile number being Paddies weekend, being a business and all they are there to make money so keep that in mind if the chat is not going the way you want. ;)

"Quality Global Personnel are delighted to announce that we have secured the rights to issue Australian recognised construction equipment tickets certifed by our partners in Australia

These are compulsory to enter any site in Australia - The courses vary form 2/3 days and are split between machinery operating to theory in a class room environment.

Increase your chances of getting work immediately in Australia when you land - you will still have to do it when you get to Australia which could take depending on location a number of weeks.

Also we can issue white cards ( equivilent to our safe pass ) again essential to enter any site in Austrlalia

◦Excavator

◦Wheel loader

Book now your place as numbers are limited.

Quality Global Personnel

kilkenny

office +353 56 7801222

Mobile NIALL + 353 86 2143451"

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/plantmachinery/3987469

Any business with an ad on dondeal.ie I would be very wary of. There was some gangster offering something similar awhile back.

You should look at getting a WHV for NZ and head to Christchurch.

• Advertisement

Any business with an ad on dondeal.ie I would be very wary of.

Yes and No.

They have started up a doneDeal Jobs site of recent.

http://jobs.donedeal.ie/?gclid=CIHl7qeShrYCFYyQ4QodtHsAvw

But yes there is all sorts of shenanigans goes on on that site, last summer the brother inlaw saw his neighbours trailer for sale on DoneDeal, so stopped up to see him about it, needless to his neighbour new nothing about it, great fun ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

get your whv for NZ and try and sort a 457 sponsor from there. who knows you might prefer nz and want to stay there, money wont be as good but its a great country, beautiful place.

name and shame your employer who truly shafted you!! might prevent him from playing this trick on others.

Itoa wrote: »
    You can try and apply for PR, once the application is sent in you are put onto a Bridging visa (Bridging B Visa I think). You will buy yourself a couple of months while the application is being assessed, you just have to send the application in to get the Bridging visa all the supporting documents can be sent after. It wont be cheap though! How did you find your immigration lawyer? Sounds like they arent much good

I found her very helpful. She was saying that 457 would realistically be my only option in my current situation due to the fact that I'm on a Bridging Visa E at the moment. She said that I wouldnt have enough time to put together a good case for PR in the short space of time that I have and that I most likely wouldnt get PR anyway due to not having the work experience to back up the University degree.
    lg123 wrote: »
    get your whv for NZ and try and sort a 457 sponsor from there. who knows you might prefer nz and want to stay there, money wont be as good but its a great country, beautiful place.

name and shame your employer who truly shafted you!! might prevent him from playing this trick on others.

My cousins spent a year in NZ and loved it there. At the moment sponsorship isnt looking too likely so I may just head home for a bit get the silage season done at home and get some cash in the pocket hopefully and head to NZ then and go from there. Also pretty sure I cant just throw names out there in case of any legal ramifications for this site!

Advertisement