Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced search

Options
  • 15-03-2013 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to search the Heating & Plumbing forum for posts using the word 'firewood', but the Advanced Search is giving me results from all forums. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

In order to search a specific forum you must click the forum name from the autocomplete dropdown. See the attached image:

245058.png

When you click the forum name as highlighted in the picture it will appear in the box with an X beside it. If you cut and paste the forum name (or type it) and submit a search without clicking then the forum restriction won't be recorded.

The same applies for restricting a search to a username.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Thanks, Danny; unfortunately, I'm not seeing any drop-down menu.

How I get to the advanced search: I click on the magnifying glass to the right of the search bar above.

I'm using a Macbook with Safari 6.0.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi,

The dropdown can sometimes take a few seconds to appear, it mostly depends on your network connection speed and the stress our own servers are under. Can you try another browser like Chrome?

In the mean time, if you cannot get it to work you can search directly from the forum page - go to the Plumbing and Heating forum and click Search This Forum just above the sticky threads to the right. Type in your search term and click go. I've attached another screenshot:

245062.png

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

No forum drop-down coming up on Firefox 12.0 or on Chrome 25.0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement