Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best old SimCity Game?

• 15-03-2013 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the reviews of the new SimCity and would love to play a SimCity game, just not the new one.

The only SimCity game I have played before this is SimCity 2000 which is a classic but i'd probably prefer something newer.

How does SimCity 3000 and SimCity 4 compare for instance?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

3000 is the pinnacle of the series imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Does SC3000 run in Windows 7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Haven't played the new one, but I agree that SC 3000 was superior to SC4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd go with SC4. Spent hours upon hours on it.

Give the new one some time. A year from now after all the fixes and probable DLC, it will probably be a much better game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

SC3k was the best for me! Built one mahoosive city that would put an entire region in the new simcity to shame!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Sim City 2000 is the best but 3k is the next best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

4k with a lot of the mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Maybe try Anno 2070, I only started playing it past few day after looking at all this simcity footage and looking to try something different. Game works great and you're free to do anything and not a bug in sight! Looks gorgeous too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

KilOit wrote: »
    Maybe try Anno 2070, I only started playing it past few day after looking at all this simcity footage and looking to try something different. Game works great and you're free to do anything and not a bug in sight! Looks gorgeous too!

Doubt you'll get as much play out of it though.

It was decent craic for a while but I wouldn't have wanted to spend much on it (I didn't).

Sim City 4 is a tenner on steam. Got it in a sale for 2.50. Just playing it there.
    Can't be arsed playing properly so I did the money cheat to give myself 600k to start with. I don't really care about balancing a budget. I just want a big city.

It only just about works on my pc and it won't let me go higher than 1200x1000 resolution. Also half the time it glitches and the screen flickers. All you have to do is quit and load it again and it works flawlessly.
    The older versions might be a bit dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Get SimCity 4 Deluxe on Steam, which includes the Rush Hour expansion that fixed the traffic system.

SimCity 4 seems to be the pinnacle of the series mostly because it is extendable and easy to modify so people have fixed a lot of the issues it had when it first came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Gbear wrote: »
    It only just about works on my pc and it won't let me go higher than 1200x1000 resolution.
    You can set custom resolutions via command line arguments that can be configured in steam http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1879359

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I liked Cities XL, seems the new sim city has taken some of there ideas to it's own.

Advertisement