Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sabbatical training

Options
  • 15-03-2013 11:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭

does anyone have any information on the sabbatical training courses? who runs them? how much they cost? unlike the other colleges, ULSU don't take their training from the USI.

If we are paying an external company to do this, and we join usi this year as Rockett has claimed to intend to do, will we be paying twice for one service?

also as rockett is the new and current officer, does he get paid twice for the the two week hand over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

I'm guessing the logical thing would be no he wouldn't be doubley paid, however this is the SU we are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

does anyone have any information on the sabbatical training courses? who runs them? how much they cost? unlike the other colleges, ULSU don't take their training from the USI.

We received invisio training (leadership) twice in the past year and we have the in house training based on internal structure and the operations of the union. Then there are some specified training such as mine was a stress management at exam time for students. As for what is planned this year I would like to see some campaign effectiveness workshops as it cannot be on the officers heads whilst dealing with daily drop ins - hopefully we might get some reps running with this too.
    If we are paying an external company to do this, and we join usi this year as Rockett has claimed to intend to do, will we be paying twice for one service?

It was sponsored by ulster bank in previous years - Very worthwhile.
    Also I do not wish to join USI -I have never said this, I have said that where I fell down last year was the implementation of the UNION FORUMS which I wish to revisit and an area that may come up for debate will be USI. As for affiliation I would be mindful of the current situation within USI before any promotion of pro's and cons.
    also as rockett is the new and current officer, does he get paid twice for the the two week hand over?

Not a hope, wouldn't take it if it was going, silly thing for an incumbent to do. Handing over to myself is essentially me turning up for work
    reunion wrote: »
    I'm guessing the logical thing would be no he wouldn't be doubley paid, however this is the SU we are talking about.

Believe me incumbents have asked about it before.

Paddy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭sigmund.jung

how much are ulster bank paying for this stuff? 100k?

how much are ulster bank paying for this stuff? 100k?

Oh god no! - I don't have the fee off hand but I can find out and fill you in on it. Probably be Monday though considering everyone's gone home - I'm in office catching up on some emails.

Is that okay with you- I'll post it here when I find out :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭sigmund.jung

ah here rockett, you won the election, you can drop the helper monkey act. any time in the next two weeks would be sweet.

• Advertisement

ah here rockett, you won the election, you can drop the helper monkey act. any time in the next two weeks would be sweet.

Lol - Helper monkey act, its not an election ploy more of a Modus operandi - I'll throw it up whenever so :D

Right the weekend calls later Bossman!

Advertisement