Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography porfolio assesment 2013?

Options
  • 15-03-2013 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hello, I am getting together a portfolio assesment for Photography, but I am a bit clueless on what they want exactly. This is the guidelines they gave:

- Include 20-30 pieces of work

- Indicate the duration of your interest in photography

- Includ work illustating your level of experiance and technical comptenance to date

- Provide examples of any work publised to date.

-Include work that shows your level of understanding of composition, light, texture, and form when creating photographic images

-Provide samples of monochrome and colour photographs.

I mean for DIT, they just ask for photos only, but are you supposed to include here like writing on your interest in Photography? And also writing on your different photos about the technical compentence or something?

Im sorry, Im not usually this stupid, I just don't really know what they are asking for exactly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Hi rox5

I don't think tutors from Photography lurk here so I don't think you'll get a definitive answer in time. You should get in touch with admissions or call the college and ask to speak with someone from the photography team.

But with the disclaimer that I'm only guessing: It reads to me that within the 20-30 pieces there should be work that illustrates your level of experiance and technical competence and work that shows your level of understanding of composition, light, texture, and form when creating photographic images. The images should include B&W and Colour.

i.e. Don't submit 30 pieces that just show how good you are at tilt-shift or 30 pieces of macro.... make sense?

The written part looks like info that supports the pieces of work. If a shot has been published then you should be proud of that and let them know. I'm also guessing that if you began shooting at age 8 it would be interesting to see your development.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Advertisement