Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitors fees,

Options
  • 15-03-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I have been quoted 1000+Vat for the solicitor fee then i have the stamp duty at 1% which i know of, how much else is there needed to pay, land reg etc?? Is 1230 euro a good price for a solicitors fees??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I was quoted the same from my solicitor for work (I'm building a house)
    Extra outlay fees she gave me were:

Land registry fee: €130
    Mortgage registration: €175
    Searches: €200
    New folio number: €80 approx (she couldn't remember exactly) that was for the site transfer to my name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

You'll get quoted anywhere from 850+vat to 1200+vat from what i can tell. It's down then to recommendations, how price sensitive you are, how quick they respond etc.

As you say there is 1% stamp duty, then approx another €1,000 for all the searches, reg fees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

bee06 wrote: »
    I was quoted the same from my solicitor for work (I'm building a house)
    Extra outlay fees she gave me were:

Land registry fee: €130
    Mortgage registration: €175
    Searches: €200
    New folio number: €80 approx (she couldn't remember exactly) that was for the site transfer to my name

Was that quote given to you prior to 1/12/12? Registration fees increased significantly since then..

OP, a Professional Fee under €850 is competitive. Outlays etc will be the same irrespective of the Practice you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

killers1 wrote: »
    Was that quote given to you prior to 1/12/12? Registration fees increased significantly since then..

Killers, no I got that quote on Monday. As I mentioned I'm building rather than buying so it would be a new registration rather than transfer so changes the price as I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

bee06 wrote: »
    Killers, no I got that quote on Monday. As I mentioned I'm building rather than buying so it would be a new registration rather than transfer so changes the price as I understand it.

Yeah you're right, I didn't see the (I'm building a house) part!

• Advertisement
Advertisement