Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kit suggestions (Off the wagon big time)

Options
  • 15-03-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi again guys,

It's the 'what should I get' question again I'm afraid.

I have fallen off the wagon and am actually wheezing walking around. Eep!

I got the Kanger T2 starter kit, and I don't like it personally (worst purchase I have made in the last year) so I want to get somthing else. Here's what I don't like:

Twist Batery: too big, and I never, ever set the voltage above the minimum so don't need that. Of the 2 I bought only one worked, and I got a gift of a third that lasts 2 puffs after charging. They seem to be very poor and unreliable.

Clearos: I don't like the clearmoisers at all, they are leaky and they are too fiddly for me. I would never replace heads etc, I just want to use and throw away.

I wan't something I can just screw a cartridge type thing on and when it is empty, chuck it in the bin. I'll pay more if necessary.

Reliability is big for me, to be honest I'm almost half hoping I can go on the analogues so if it isn't working I've an excuse for being a total idiot and smoking.

So far I've gotten:

3 ego c twists, 2 of which are defective
    2 x Kanger T2s, one leaking constantly, one never worked.
    1 x Vision Clearo: the best of my purchases, small and easy and totally disposable.
    1 X T3 (?): bottom heated big clearo, leaky and unreliable and bulky. The drip tip (mouthpiece?) doesn't screw in and as a result is prone to leak and even fall out.

The elipse-c looks nice but have heard it is a bit meh, and 120 quid in ovale is quite expensive! That said I'd prefer their walk in shop to online buying, the hours I work make it very difficult to ever collect my post.

Any suggestions would be much, much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

To be honest, I think you are better off going for Boge carto's. takes a few minutes to fill it the first time but very little maintenance required after that. You can even add a tank that will hold a full days juice or more. Each carto should last a week or more.

The 2ohm will work well with a standard eGo 650mAh and you'll get most of the day from that one battery.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/131-510-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

And drip tip which will last forever:

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/drip-tips/42-delrin-drip-tip-510-901.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Ego c upgrade batteries and low resistance cartomizers?
    Worth a try.

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Appreciate the lightning quick replies, thanks a million! :)

Can I get these pre-filled? I seriously want to avoid even holding a bottle of eliquid tbh. I've shaky hands and I loath messing with the stuff. I'd rather buy 10 cartridges and throw them out as they run out.

There's a lot of terminology in these things, I want a kit that is ready to go, with something I put on the battery and then throw out. Resistance vs voltage etc, not really my forte at all!

Everything I've tried is just waaay to unreliable and messy for me. I don't get why the technology is so crap in the ones I've used, leaking, battries that last about 30 seconds, or won't charge... It's mental. It has put me off nearly completely, but the smokes are so unbelievably bad for you I want to get this vaping going again!

I don't want to sound like an impatient, petulant, aggressive child, but that is how I am so that is how it comes across. I'm not trying to be aggressive or attacking though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Cartos really are great. I understand some people love clearo's but for me, cartos never ever leak, are really low maintenance, disposable and kick out a really good amount of vapour and flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when you consider the sheer amount of twists that are out there, working perfectly for the majority of people i don't think you can blame the technology
    you just got unlucky *shrug*

http://www.vapourpal.com/cartomiser-ireland.html

vapourpal sell prefilled boge cartos

and these guys apparently
    http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php?view=productPage&product=29

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I linked the SD keyring and pre-filled cartos on Pure Vapour for you before.

Those. The guy who makes them is insistent on exactly what you want. Hassle free, no refilling, throwaway products.

grindle wrote: »

Those. The guy who makes them is insistent on exactly what you want. Hassle free, no refilling, throwaway products.

i was gona link trogs site but I had a look and he's out of stock on just about every filled carto atm

when you consider the sheer amount of twists that are out there, working perfectly for the majority of people i don't think you can blame the technology
    you just got unlucky *shrug*

http://www.vapourpal.com/cartomiser-ireland.html

vapourpal sell prefilled boge cartos

and these guys apparently
    http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php?view=productPage&product=29

Cool thanks for your reply. I'm sure from what people say I got very unlucky, but on the other hand I can only go on what I have, and basically after sending about 90 quid all in all I can't actually vape, for 10 quid I can smoke. That is NOT a justification, but is what has happened me. I'm sure you can understand my scepticism of the quality of the goods. It is only my personal experience, not saying it is all bad. I wouldn't be here if I still didn't think this could be a good alternative to a dreadful habit.

I just want a feel for what's out there, prices, and alternatives to the set up I bought. It's all personal preference, of course.

Cheers again! Difficult customer eh?

grindle wrote: »

Yep you did, many thanks, was just looking to see what else there is, a bigger rig perhaps that might last longer on the battery front etc. I'm just weighing it all up again from scratch. The T2 is a very obvious beinner choice to be fair, I just had bad luck and it's not to my liking.

So far I've two options that I see:

SD Keyring
    Ego C upgrade batt with Bodge Prefilled Cartos (leaning this way atm)

• Advertisement

http://www.vapourpal.com/joyetech-650-mah-upgrade-battery-black.html

two of these

some of the prefilled cartos from the same site I linked you above

you have a charger if you have the twists.. that's about all you'd need

and a drip tip
    http://www.vapourpal.com/drip-tips-ireland.html

although those particular drip tips might be a little.. weird on a cartomiser, the one green hornet linked above will do fine

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/egocbatt.htm
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1822.htm

battery/drip tip on another site, prefilled cartos only from vapourpal or ecirettesolutions though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

If the size is too big and you don't mess with the voltage i reckon the e-roll wouldn't be a bad suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Hi Ross,

I know nothing really relative to the other lads - however I do use the T3 and have one question on what you wrote.

1 X T3 (?): bottom heated big clearo, leaky and unreliable and bulky. The drip tip (mouthpiece?) doesn't screw in and as a result is prone to leak and even fall out.

The top should never come out - its sounds like you you pulled it off - or am I reading you correctly - the bottom is how its filled.

Second thing - it kills me to say - however have you tried the completely disposable cigs - I was looking at these as a handy thing to have on nights out

http://e-cigshop.eu/Electronic-Cigarette-Starter-Kits/Ritchy-IMPULSE-Disposable-E-Cig

Haven't ordered them yet though - Perhaps the other guys can give recommendations for a good disposable - the one above or other ones.

I was told it filled from the top in the shop, I don't know IF it is a T3 it seems similar, and it gently popped out with no resistance... Probably wrecked the thing tbh, and the wick was coming out the bottom so was bound to leak. I like the other kind personally. It's very possible I did it wrong.

I've used the J&J disposbles, grand as a concept but they're pretty pants and they do run out very fast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I was told it filled from the top in the shop, I don't know IF it is a T3 it seems similar, and it gently popped out with no resistance... Probably wrecked the thing tbh, and the wick was coming out the bottom so was bound to leak. I like the other kind personally. It's very possible I did it wrong.

I've used the J&J disposbles, grand as a concept but they're pretty pants and they do run out very fast.

I wouldn't touch disposables to be honest.I think you should be looking at the likes of these

aio

OR

E-roll

if it's the 510 aio then it would work with those prefilled boge cartos linked earlier. just put 3-4 of them in the pcc (portable charging case) with the spare battery and put the pack in your pocket

--edit

damn you and your edits pmcmahon

Looks interesting I'll have a shop around, one of the vendors has cold messaged me at the moment about the AIO PCC, so I'll have a look at that.

Ross
    just wondering did you manage to make that last vape meet at all ? - if not it might be worth trying to make the one in Kells - and bring all your dodgey kit I'm sure someone knowledgeable there would look at it for you - they might be able to get something workable out of all the stuff you have.
    Just thinking if you were pulling the top off a T3 - then in might be worth going through the kit you have with somebody - maybe you've done that already ?

You mention

Ego C upgrade batt with Bodge Prefilled Cartos (leaning this way atm)

With your existing Kit - you should just be able to order some of the Cartos and use the existing working battery

You might already know this, but dont forget to order a cone cover. Makes the whole thing look better!
    It screws onto the battery and covers the cartomizer.

I'll see about Kells, would like to make it!

Thanks a million for the help guys, I'd kiss you if boards.ie hadn't made me sign that form saying I wouldn't!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Looks interesting I'll have a shop around, one of the vendors has cold messaged me at the moment about the AIO PCC, so I'll have a look at that.

Ross can you confirm which Vendor pm'd you. It's against the forum rules for vendors to use this site to their own ends so I would appreciate if you could tell me who it is. They get banned and black listed. It's important for users to be aware of the vendors that break the rules while others stick to them despite the temptations.

*Edit - vendor has contacted me and said they were unaware of rule so I'll let it slide this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I appreciate moderators who give warnings instead of handing out automatic bans. I think it's fair enough. Lots of vendors probably think I can help this guy out by giving him advice and providing a service and aren't actually out to break rules or be bad. So again thanks.

I say this because I asked a genuine question on another forum and got a private message warning from the moderator saying it's against forum rules and next time I'll be banned. I replied back and said thanks for the warning and I really mean't it. i.e. thanks for not banning me wasn't aware will never happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

+1 for everything has said especially Grindle, Sir Digs, as the seem to know the most of what's available out there. pmcmahon made good point too.

+1 for vapemeet suggestion by Richard

+1 for you've had incredibly bad luck with the original stuff as everyone has said and you agree on.

Also I agree if you want something disposable get something disposable. You know what's best for you. The disposable prefilled boge cartomisers are the way forward for you it seems.

p.s. gutted I don't get a kiss out of all this (it was my secret intention all along)

I'll see about Kells, would like to make it!

Thanks a million for the help guys, I'd kiss you if boards.ie hadn't made me sign that form saying I wouldn't!

Well the big impression I get with boards in general - is that people on here are for the most part decent - and want to help.
    Answers for pretty much anything - you nearly always get a decent Irish opinion or advice on here.
    In the case of the vaping community ireland and the subforum - its nearly an extreme of this from what I can see - most people have been in the position where they are stuck smoking for years and years - even the vendors for the most part at the moment in ireland - all seem to ex-smokers - and understand what its like.
    I know that in my case I can attribute/thank this sub forum for being off the smokes for more than 8 weeks (so thanks everyone on that)

In your case Ross it sounds really like you could do with meeting up with some of the more experienced vapers - I reckon that talking to some of them with the kit you already have would be really beneficial. Maybe if you pm the organisers or someone here whose going ?

the other thing is that I wouldn't spend a huge amount more on vaping kit until you can do that - maybe try a couple of disposables or cartos with the battery that you have.

Cheers mewso, it's not a big spammy message, and I thought it was OK myself from the Forum rules as opposed to PM. It was only addressing my question and another user provided the link.

I'm glad we can move on in a reasonable manner. Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It's just important to get these things sorted folks. A lot of you probably don't realise the hassle I have had with vendors since we started this forum. I actually feel bad for many vendors as they are trying to make a living and so on but the rules of boards when it comes to business is something laid down much higher up than me and once those rules exist I prefer to expend my energy protecting the vendors that do observe the rules from those that don't.

Advertisement